Author Topic: Eastern Division W-L records  (Read 47423 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Eastern Division W-L records
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2009, 05:35:47 PM »
There's a lot of ignorance and stupidity in the world.  As far as I can tell, all anyone can do is accept it. Pointing it out to the offender does no good, and often makes matters worse.  I suppose I should say "easy" for me, but only because I'm trying to not allow these types of things to bother me.

It's supposed to be about having fun and sharing our perspectives and treating each other with dignity and respect.  What does it matter to you if someone else has a false opinion? Why should it matter at all?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »
There's a lot of ignorance and stupidity in the world.  As far as I can tell, all anyone can do is accept it. Pointing it out to the offender does no good, and often makes matters worse.  I suppose I should say "easy" for me, but only because I'm trying to not allow these types of things to bother me.

It's supposed to be about having fun and sharing our perspectives and treating each other with dignity and respect.  What does it matter to you if someone else has a false opinion? Why should it matter at all?

This comming from a guy who is quick to hurl an insult and question other posters intelligence based on their lack of experience in one single very specialized topic?   ::)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony

Main Entry: iro?ny   
Pronunciation: \ˈī-rə-nē also ˈī(-ə)r-nē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural iro?nies
Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirōnia, from eirōn dissembler
Date: 1502
1: a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning ?called also Socratic irony
2 a: the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b: a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c: an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1): incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2): an event or result marked by such incongruity b: incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play ?called also dramatic irony tragic irony
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2009, 06:04:51 PM »

This comming from a guy who is quick to hurl an insult and question other posters intelligence based on their lack of experience in one single very specialized topic?   ::)

1: a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning ?called also Socratic irony
2 a: the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b: a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c: an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1): incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2): an event or result marked by such incongruity b: incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play ?called also dramatic irony tragic irony

What's the matter? I'm not allowed to change?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2009, 11:38:04 PM »

:-X
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2009, 10:50:44 AM »
Great win over an awesome powerhouse.

Didn't OKC lose to their exhibition game against the School of the Blind last week?
I don't know about last week, but about last night:  Are the Jazz going by the name "School of the Blind"?
OKC 114-93 over Utah last night.  ;)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2009, 11:17:57 AM »

:D :D :D :D
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »

Didn't OKC lose to their exhibition game against the School of the Blind last week?
I don't know about last week, but about last night:  Are the Jazz going by the name "School of the Blind"?

I don't know about last night but last week the OKC OWNED!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 10:24:38 AM »

I don't know about last night but last week the OKC OWNED!

Well, last night the Nets were beat by the Blazers on their HOME court.  NJ has built their "record" against the scrubs of the west.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »
Well, last night the Nets were beat by the Blazers on their HOME court.  NJ has built their "record" against the scrubs of the west.
So maybe Hall of Fame coach Popavich will be able to beat them a few nights from now?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2009, 12:35:22 PM »
So maybe Hall of Fame coach Popavich will be able to beat them a few nights from now?

What kind of fan questions his team against one that they are obviously much better than?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 12:44:45 PM »

What kind of fan questions his team against one that they are obviously much better than?

A RealFakeSpurs fan!  :D  Viva Box Scores!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »
The Celts really had a tough go against those contending Pacific Division Suns.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290119002

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2009, 12:18:30 PM »

LOL you can't be serious.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »

Thu 25  @ LA Lakers   L 83-92
Fri 26  @ Golden State   L 89-99

Sun 28  @ Sacramento   W 108-63
Tue 30  @ Portland   L 86-91
Wed 07  vs Houston   L 85-89

OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2009, 11:23:47 PM »

LOL you can't be serious.
Yes, the Celts really beat the Suns.

And now tonight Dallas pummelled your contending Suns by 20.

Tough luck for NJ tho and no chance to gain ground on Phx, running up against that Hall of Fame coach Popavich and Mike Finley.  Tied late, but Pop really knows how to adjust those lineups and tinker with the personell.  94-91 at home.  Phew.  Pop is genius.