Author Topic: Sixers vs. Short-handed Jazz  (Read 8167 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Sixers vs. Short-handed Jazz
« on: December 29, 2008, 08:49:03 AM »
Another opportunity against a good team missing a lot of good players tonight:

Tonight in Utah, the Jazz (18-14) will be without leading scorer Carlos Boozer, third-leading scorer Paul Millsap, and possibly Mehmet Okur, their No. 2 scorer.

Boozer has been out since Nov. 21 with a strained quadriceps and sore knee. In 12 games, he was averaging 20.5 points and 11.7 rebounds.

His replacement, Millsap, injured his left knee Tuesday. Tests revealed a sprained posterior cruciate ligament. Millsap, who was averaging 15 points and 9 rebounds, is expected to miss from seven to 10 days.

Okur has missed Utah's last two games with back spasms.

On Saturday, the Jazz lost in double overtime, 120-115, to the Houston Rockets.

Boozer and Milsap definitely out, if Okur does not play there are no excuses, good losses or moral victories, this team needs to take advantage when the opportunity presents itself.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Sixers vs. Short-handed Jazz
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:13:57 AM »
Indiana?

Maybe the Sixers can lend them Evans for a while?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:29:19 AM »
Indiana without a bunch of their best players and Denver without Carmelo were both painful losses that should have been victories.  Take your pick.

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 10:55:44 AM »
Boozer and Millsap out just means that Kirilenko starts...it's not like they go from elton brand to reggie evans :)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »
My 10 AM patient is Kate Fagan.  I think maybe I'll try and talk some hoops... but she is only 4 months old.  I guess its a popular name.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »
The Sixers still don't know how to win a game, and have no killer instinct.  They have the talent and have to learn how to play harder in the 4th quarter than the other team.

They should be able to beat the Jazz with all their injuries, but the Jazz are disciplined and run a proper offense, which makes it hard for the Sixers to force turnovers and run.  Just have to watch and see if they can get a clue.

Why isn't DiLeo putting the ball in Speights hands at the end of the game.  It's time he got practice at it, and time the Sixers get used to dumping the ball inside for a score.  C'mon Tony, wake up, the team is close, but if they don't get a win, they won't be able to keep up the effort.  You have only a few games to get this right- in order to turn the season around.

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 09:10:31 PM »
Speights still isn't starting

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 09:14:52 PM »
Already sucking hard on the defensive glass

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 09:20:03 PM »
Evans is a rebounding machine who likes to take the charge...who says the best cliches are in baseball

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »
The jazz announcers just said 'that's the second time they've run tht play' in regards to the sixers - i find myself baffled by what this means

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »
so far so good for the Sixers, they're playing more of a half-court game and are able to stay with the Jazz. Only thing Utah has done well is to get a second foul called on Thad Young so quickly.

The Jazz 2nd unit better strat taking better care of the ball, the Sixers have forced some turnovers.

Phila. would be winning if Andre Miller wasn't making so many bone-headed plays.

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 09:48:44 PM »
Phila. would be winning if Andre Miller wasn't making so many bone-headed plays.

If Louis Williams remebered the ball went in the basket it would help too

Oh yeah - not sucking defensively on the glass (early) that would be nice too

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 10:00:01 PM »
At least kriilenko is on my fantasy team - and i didn't play thad.

Sam looks especially horrible tonight

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 10:13:49 PM »
A big part of the problem with this team is mixing young players with Samuel Dalembert.  He comes into the game and the collective basketball IQ on the floor drops precipitously.  I can see him being much more effective on a very smart, veteran team that can essentially play around his weaknesses and let him do the selective things he does well.

I am not saying our younger players aren't smart, considering their stages of development they are pretty impressive, it is just that Sam cannot be allowed any independent thoughts whatsoever.  Sam comes in, Speights goes out, and there goes a big Jazz run.  Careless passes, idiotic shots and his shotblocking is fairly ineffective against such a smart passing team like the Jazz.  Okur schooled Speights a few times, but Dalembert is just pathetic.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »
What was that Carl said about 'bad teams' finding ways too lose?

3-7 from the line, 0-4 from 3, 11 TO's in the 1st half. 

Speights needs more minutes- and to work on his post defense.  But how come he looks like the best offensive player on the team?