Author Topic: Sixers vs. Short-handed Jazz  (Read 8170 times)

jemagee

Re: Sixers vs. Short-handed Jazz
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 10:32:17 PM »
He comes into the game and the collective basketball IQ on the floor drops precipitously.

I knew it was low - i didn't know it was negative numbers

But how come he looks like the best offensive player on the team?

Cause he is?

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 10:50:32 PM »
Dear Reggie Evans

Stay off my look - i'll bitchslap you into next century.

Sincerely

Kimbo Slice

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 10:56:15 PM »
Why are they playing Reggie at Center?  This is very stupid. Is it DiLeo, or is it really Lynam on the bench?

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 10:59:49 PM »
lol.  Only Reggie  could get that tech.  Won't give old bad touch Evans any breaks.

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 11:09:30 PM »
Why are they playing Reggie at Center?  This is very stupid. Is it DiLeo, or is it really Lynam on the bench?

This is a subset of the 'why are they playing reggie' question that should be asked every game - correct?

jemagee

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 11:15:41 PM »
Unsurprisingly - Kyle Korver is very very popular in utah it seems

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 11:21:27 PM »

This is a subset of the 'why are they playing reggie' question that should be asked every game - correct?

More like who is the moron who coach's the team and makes the decision to play Evans, not to mention a GM who can't find a better player in the league than Reggie to play that position.  Should Reggie really be an NBA player?  I would trade him in an instant.

jemagee

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 11:31:52 PM »
Yes - I would trade Reggie in an instant

BUt no GM is that stupid - his freaking contract runs until 2011

Seriously - who the hell gave him that extension

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 11:32:40 PM »
I guess no moral victories tonight?

I hope Speights is not suspended.  BTW, Evans with 14 more minutes than Speights.  I don't think he should even get 14 min, but what do I know?

Must be around New Years, because the Sixers look like steaming refuse.  I guess that means they get to start making their annual debatably relevant run next month so that they can draft somewhere between #12 and #16.

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 11:36:14 PM »
Let's not forget how that run will get DiLeo a contract extension he doesn't deserve and delude the GM into thinking he should keep sam and sign andre miller for a few more years.

I don't like wishing injuries...but you know...

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »
I think Speights was pretty bad tonight.  His defense was especially bad, and his defensive rebounding is consistently bad.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 11:57:14 PM »
I won't argue Speights had a teribble night on the defensive end.  If he was benched to send him a message I'm fine with that. 

But I would prefer to send the message at practice and in the film room and continue to give him minutes on the floor to grow.  Especially in a lost cause like this game.  I don't think he lacked effort on defense, he just was sort of lost out there.  As good as he is offensively, he needs to e coached up on the defensive end.  I don't see it as laziness at this point.

At what point does this team throw up the white flag? They are close to the 8th seed, but certainly resemble a lottery team much more than a playoff team.  They will have to decide soon, becasue they will need to deal away Miller and/or Sam soon.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »
The biggest thing you see when the Sixers play the Jazz is how much better the Jazz are positioned to win each game.  They are unselfish, disciplined and confident.  Each guy has a role and plays it the way ti was designed.  I am not a big believer in having "second favorite" teams in pro sports, but if I had one it would be the Jazz.  I just love watching them play.

The Sixers and a lot of other teams are the antithesis of the Jazz in that they often play as less than the sum of their collective talent.  Not that the Sixers are a truly dysfunctional bunch, but thay are a bit mismatched, a bit young and fairly disorganized, which truthfully is more the norm than the exception in the NBA.  For all of Larry Brown's talk of "playing the right way", it is Jerry Sloan who has his team play that way year in and year out.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 12:03:39 AM »
At what point does this team throw up the white flag? They are close to the 8th seed, but certainly resemble a lottery team much more than a playoff team.  They will have to decide soon, becasue they will need to deal away Miller and/or Sam soon.

I don't know that it is waving a white flag to simply recognize that the long term success of the team depends on making some moves now.  The way the team is currently playing it's not like you would be messing with success.  I really believe that if they have a chance to move Miller and/or Sam in any deal that would help the team they will do it.  Here is hoping for some impressive stats for both of them for the next month.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 12:11:39 AM »
Here is hoping for some impressive stats for both of them for the next month.

I think Sam and Miller's value has been established.  Sam only goes in a trade that brings back bad contracts and failed prospects.  That is unless there is a really stupid GM who thinks Sam is the difference maker for their team.  Stranger things have happened, but I would be surprised.  If Gasol delivered cap space and late 1st round prospects Sam won' bring back more than long contract garbage.

Miller is basically an expiring- but its debatable if teams want to free up cap for next year.  I guess teams always want to free up space, so maybe they can get back value for him.  I'd love to give DiLeo a chance to have another draft pick with his recent track record.

I don't see any team who would see Miller as the PG who puts them over the hump.  Maybe last year, but he has lost his luster.