Author Topic: Stefanski on WIP with Eskin  (Read 8539 times)

Offline darius08

• View Profile
Re: Stefanski on WIP with Eskin
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 06:03:45 PM »
He makes a lot of bonehead mistakes and Dalembert is still (for all his faults) better than him

I whole heartedly disagree - but until Speights gets minutes with the rest of the starting 4 it's comparing apples and oranges - his offensive game is already light years ahead of sams and his lapses aren't any worse than sams - and defensively sam hasn't exactly stunned me this year - his lack of iq is really showing

Sam is particularly boneheaded this year.

But the +/- back me up. Defense is better with Sam there. it is MUCH worse with Speights in there. The offense is better with Sam there. The rebounding is better with Sam there. The only thing that is better with Speghts in there is the offensive rebounding percentages.  That's not to say I dislike Speights. I love his potential. But that's diff't from what he can deliver now.

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »
But the +/- back me up. Defense is better with Sam there. it is MUCH worse with Speights in there. The offense is better with Sam there. The rebounding is better with Sam there. The only thing that is better with Speghts in there is the offensive rebounding percentages.  That's not to say I dislike Speights. I love his potential. But that's diff't from what he can deliver now.

Except, like I said, how many minutes does Speights have with the starting 4 that aren't sam?

82games has '5 man unit' evaluation as well...

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 06:15:49 PM »
Yeah.  It's really hard to compare when they're playing with completely different people.  In terms of minutes, Speights top 5 units include 1 starter, 1 starter, 0 starters, 0 starters and 2 starters.  That could be just as much an indictment of his supporting cast as it is Speights.

jemagee

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 06:17:19 PM »
I know speights got some time with the 'main' unit the last game cause sam got 2 stupid fouls - i mean the first quarter was the best qurater last game right?:)

Offline darius08

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2008, 06:31:58 PM »
Yes, as with every stat, +/- has plenty of problems. I'm saying what I see: a guy with potential (Speights) who still makes a lot of mistakes but will hopefully grow out of them vs. a guy who makes less bonehead mistakes (Sam) but who'll probably never grow out of them. The stats also seem to say that. You see something else so it'd be helpful if you pointed to the stats that also back up your subjective observations. If there's none, then it's hard to have a discussion since you see one thing and I see another.

Offline darius08

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 06:33:42 PM »
I know speights got some time with the 'main' unit the last game cause sam got 2 stupid fouls - i mean the first quarter was the best qurater last game right?:)

You're not really saying that one quarter with two stupid fouls is evidence of anything are you?

jemagee

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 06:33:57 PM »
I don't think sam makes 'less' bonheaded mistakes than speights and again, i think speights also has a vastly superior offensive game to same already and where is the sixers biggest weakness?

The sooner speights starts the sooner he learns from his mistakes the sooner the sixers are moving in the RIGHT direction at the center position...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 06:38:36 PM »
I don't know if Speights is ready to start- but he might as well get at least 20 min.

I feel like Willie Green and Evans both act as a crutch for Mo.

jemagee

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 06:42:06 PM »
I don't know if Speights is ready to start- but he might as well get at least 20 min.

I still don't see what sam does that makes him a starter

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 06:52:16 PM »

I know how much you guys hate Willie Green, but the Sixers really have no choice right now.

They have lots of choices, starting with waiting it out, making a trade and firing the coach. Moving this lineup around is worse than shuffling the deck chairs on the Atlantic.

Waiting it out ain't gonna make Willie Green not the 3rd or 4th (depends if you have Lou in front of him or not) best guard on this team, at least not until the offseason.  Firing the coach also ain't gonna help it.  And trust me, I've been working the trade machine, but good luck with our assets making a trade that both teams would do and would actually help us.