Author Topic: Sixers @ Bulls - Dec 2 2008  (Read 19253 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Sixers @ Bulls - Dec 2 2008
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2008, 11:04:03 PM »
So we ran a set play for a 22 foot andre Miller jumper?

They were stupid to put Nocc on Iguodala, just take him.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2008, 11:05:08 PM »
God we need a go-to wing scorer.  Iggy is just not it.

BTW, I hate to say this in a game he shot so well, but did Iggy's shot look really bad to anyone else tonight?  He didn't seem to have any follow through.   Was short arming them.  They went in, but I don't think they're necessarily indicative of sustained future success.

Looked like good form... for a shotput.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2008, 11:15:12 PM »
So is Speights our new starting C?

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2008, 11:19:38 PM »
He HAS to be.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2008, 11:22:05 PM »
That last J by Iguodala looked good.  Seemed very inconsistent (release, not results).

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2008, 11:28:40 PM »
A 7 page game thread?  That's gotta be a forum record. 

Nice to see Iguodala snap out of it.

Solid night for Brand.... he's been balling as of late.  Miller was big in OT, but I'd still like to see him look to distribute more.  26 shots?

Speightorade is flowing again. 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »
You mean this?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2008, 12:02:57 AM »
Not to throw cold water on a sloppily played win, but is RAtliff really doing anything of value on the floor.  Offensively he makes Regie look skilled, he is like a human turnover when they pass him the ball.  It may be blasphemy, but I think Calvin Booth was better in the same role last year.

Nice game by Speights, where does this leave Sammy?  If they bench him now he loses any trade value he may have.  Hopefully this is an impetus to start looking to move him.  I think we need to get a useful (Joe Smith level) vet big man back though if Speights is the starting center, because Theo is not really much as far as depth goes.

Thad with an awful shooting night, just did not have the touch or form tonight, but did chip in with 5 steals.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2008, 12:16:40 AM »
My thoughts, just based on the box score and the game thread (I was not able to watch the game tonight), so correct me if I'm wrong:

-Did Andre Miller forget how to be a PG because he had to score more last year?  He's not Allen Iverson, he really needs to stop trying to be.  He's not even trying to be a PG anymore most of the time and it's really hurting the team.
-Nice to see Iguodala's shot falling.  From what I read in this thread, there's some questions about the form, but a good shooting night is hopefully what he needs to break out of his usual slow start and join the rest of the NBA in playing good regular season ball.
-Thaddeus Young looks to be suffering from the dreaded sophomore slump.  He worked extra hard over the offseason to improve his shot and handle and looks worn down already.  I've noticed in previous games that his legs really aren't in his shot sometimes, usually when he's having a bad game.  I would actually advocate shutting him down for a little while, but we definitely don't have the depth to even try that.  But yeah, it's never good when you have a player looking worn down a month into the season.
-Elton Brand, at least in the box score, is starting to look a lot like...well, what we expected out of Elton Brand.  That's gotta be a good thing.
-The center rotation: Woooooooooo!  WOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Nuff said.  Let's do it again.
-Did Willie Green really get 39.5 minutes and lead the team in +/-?  It looks like he had a terrible game by all accounts.  Meh.
-Ratliff is a much smarter player on both offense and defense than Booth or Sammy.  I forgot what it looked like for a Sixers' center to actually step out on a pick and roll without committing a foul.  Noticed it the other day.
-Mo needs to keep this rotation.  Those are the only nine guys who should ever see the court unless we're down 3 with 2 seconds to go.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2008, 10:00:28 AM »
Not to throw cold water on a sloppily played win, but is RAtliff really doing anything of value on the floor.  Offensively he makes Regie look skilled, he is like a human turnover when they pass him the ball.  It may be blasphemy, but I think Calvin Booth was better in the same role last year.

In just about every stint I've seen Ratliff play in during his 2nd run here in Philly he's looked washed up.  He's 36 years old and it shows out there on the court.  He may be able to block an occasional shot, but overall gives us very limited production off the bench.  I really wish we'd experiment with Marshall more.... not as if he's a spring chicken, but at least he adds some needed outside shooting. 

By the way, anyone notice that Reggie was a DNP CD last night? 

jemagee

« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2008, 10:10:18 AM »
By the way, anyone notice that Reggie was a DNP CD last night? 

I was wondering about that - when i posted the 'big man minutes' earlier in the thread.  I admit I thought they were going to lose and turned it off after andre iguodala fell down...but I assumed Speights was gonig to finish the game with more minutes than Dalembert/Ratliff/Evans combined, regardless of overtime...which is a step in the right direction.

I think Speights looked good last night.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2008, 10:27:23 AM »
Last year, when Ed arrived, the team started:

Miller/Green/Iguodala/Evans/Sam with KK getting 30 MPG as the 6th man

By next year only one of those starters will be the same, and not even playing the same position.

jemagee

« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2008, 10:44:45 AM »
By next year only one of those starters will be the same, and not even playing the same position.

If Eds as good as we all hope it might be by February 19th 2009

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2008, 12:05:12 PM »
Not just the 4/5 starters and the 6th man... the coach too.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2008, 12:10:52 PM »
Not just the 4/5 starters and the 6th man... the coach too.

To be fair, Mo Cheeks teams are notorious for starting very slow and finishing ridiculously fast.  The last time Mo Cheeks had a team start 7-9 was his 02-03 Jailblazers, who proceeded to go 50-32.  I realize that means we would need to go 42-22 from this point on, but we had something around that winning percentage in the second half last year, so it's not like it's totally out of the question.