Author Topic: Sixers @ Bulls - Dec 2 2008  (Read 19251 times)

jemagee

Re: Sixers @ Bulls - Dec 2 2008
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2008, 12:15:44 PM »
See - everyone keeps pointing to this like it's a positive thing...start slow get hot late...I'm sorry, but it's not a positive to me, if it happens year in and year out that your teams start slow there's a flaw in your coaching...yes it's great that they get hot later in the year but it doesn't excuse piss poor disappointing starts year in and year out

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2008, 12:28:05 PM »
You reach a point where you are no longer playing as much for this year as for the future.  Last two years "playing for the future" actually resulted in more wins.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »
If a coach's teams always start slow that tell me he has no idea how to run training camp and pre-season.  Back to Ratliff I agree with Ducky that he has the smarts, but physically he looks dead out there.  His hands are like stone on offense, although he moves a little better on D.  Anything more than 8-10 mpg from him is too much.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2008, 12:46:44 PM »
Speights showed he can give you 25 min if he stays out of foul trouble.

jemagee

« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2008, 12:49:07 PM »
Speights showed he can give you 25 min if he stays out of foul trouble.
If he stays out of foul trouble he could probably give more - but back to back tonight - with travel - we'll see how he is

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »
Speights will have his hands full tonight with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom.  That being said, Dalembert usually can't do anything to stop Bynum, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Speights will get some decent minutes.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »
Speights will have his hands full tonight with Bynum, Gasol, and Odom.  That being said, Dalembert usually can't do anything to stop Bynum, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Speights will get some decent minutes.

I would have Brand guard Bynum and Sam guard Gasol.  Brand has more bulk to try and deny Bynum position, while Sam's height might be helpful with Gasol.  Alternatively, have Reggie start the game and immediately punch Gasol in the nuts.   ;D

jemagee

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2008, 01:45:22 PM »
Dalembert usually can't do anything to stop Bynum,

This would be a subset of the maxim 'Dalembert usually can't do anything to stop anyone'?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2008, 02:32:19 PM »

I would have Brand guard Bynum and Sam guard Gasol.  Brand has more bulk to try and deny Bynum position, while Sam's height might be helpful with Gasol.  Alternatively, have Reggie start the game and immediately punch Gasol in the nuts.   ;D

I was thinking the same thing.  Hopefully that's how they match-up. 

If we do go the Evans nut-punching route then we might as well start Ivey to see if he can get any cheap shots in on Kobe. 

jemagee

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2008, 02:34:35 PM »
Just because dude went to Lower Merion don't mean he won't kick Royal Ivey's arse up and down the court :)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  Hopefully that's how they match-up. 

If we do go the Evans nut-punching route then we might as well start Ivey to see if he can get any cheap shots in on Kobe. 

Reggie's eventual suspension could also be considered a plus.