Author Topic: Sixers @ Bulls - Dec 2 2008  (Read 19250 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Sixers @ Bulls - Dec 2 2008
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 09:00:22 PM »
1st subs:

Theo and WG in for Thad and Sam.

I would have gone for Speights and Lou for Dala and Sam.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 09:02:56 PM »
I bet as Mo feels he is under fire he will go more to vets.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »
Lou looks completely out of sorts out there...I almost wish that Mo could put down his HC duties and just be solely a PG mentor to the kid...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 09:22:29 PM »
Man is Lou struggling or what?  Its like he has regressed 2 years.

jemagee

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2008, 09:25:13 PM »
Who is this team playing the Bulls tonight?

The same team that shows up for every first quarter - it's the next 3 that's the problem usually

jemagee

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 09:25:40 PM »
Lou looks completely out of sorts out there...I almost wish that Mo could put down his HC duties and just be solely a PG mentor to the kid...

I wish the sixers could realize he's not a point guard

jemagee

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
Man is Lou struggling or what?  Its like he has regressed 2 years.

I have a theory on this connected to the sixers idiotic need to 'force' him to be a point guard - he has to relearn the game of basketball in a way never asked of him before last year and now he has the pressure of the big contract - the sixers have pretty much broken lou in my opinion - i hope by the time they realize what he is and isn't he'll be fixable

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 09:26:33 PM »
Is Dalembert still on the team?  His minutes the last two games could be something to watch.  He's been on the bench a LONG time.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 09:27:41 PM »
Man is Lou struggling or what?  Its like he has regressed 2 years.

I have a theory on this connected to the sixers idiotic need to 'force' him to be a point guard - he has to relearn the game of basketball in a way never asked of him before last year and now he has the pressure of the big contract - the sixers have pretty much broken lou in my opinion - i hope by the time they realize what he is and isn't he'll be fixable

He hasn't been even remotely been playing like a point guard this year, and even last year he was used more than half the time as the off guard off the bench, and quite a bit with Miller on the court.  I don't really buy that.

jemagee

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »
I just assumed it was foul trouble :)

The problem is that it's not SPeights getting the minutes per se :)

I'd actually like to see this line up with Speights over brand - i know brand is the 'star' but in the small up tempo line up i think speights could keep up better

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 09:30:10 PM »
Sam only has 1 foul.

Thad's touch around the rim really is good.  That hook he's developed is almost a go-to move.  I was almost shocked he missed one.

jemagee

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »
He hasn't been even remotely been playing like a point guard this year, and even last year he was used more than half the time as the off guard off the bench, and quite a bit with Miller on the court.  I don't really buy that.

I see him on the court with willie green in the back court a lot - and he's theoretically the point bguard on the floor - i think the move to try and make him a point broke him - and like i said - we'll see if he can be repaired - it's partially coaching - which the sixers don't seem to do much of - seriously - Willie still shoots too much andre still can't finish sam is still clueless and miller still shoots too much - what the HELL do they work on in practices?

jemagee

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »
Sam only has 1 foul.

Thad's touch around the rim really is good.  That hook he's developed is almost a go-to move.  I was almost shocked he missed one.

Yeah, I know, I looked it up - like i said - i just assume sam is in foul trouble at all times when he's not on the floor - i don't miss him much :)

jemagee

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 09:34:09 PM »
Ten turnovers in the quarter - are the sixers turning the ball over an unusual amount for the nba or for them compared to last year?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »
Who he's on the court with really doesn't mean they're trying to make him a point guard.  He hasn't been playing the role of one.

I don't think they ever tried to force him into being a pg.  I think they tried to develop his PG skills, but I don't think they ever tried to force him into playing that role.

body control and touch, sadly, aren't a learned trait.  You generally either have it or you don't.  That's why I never thought Iguodala had #1 type offensive talent in him, not the lack of a jumpshot.

Sam's just an idiot.  I don't think there's necessarily coaching to overcome that.