Author Topic: Do you agree with Barkley??  (Read 11544 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: Do you agree with Barkley??
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2008, 02:48:27 PM »
Bosh is a mediocre defensive player, and that's probably being a little kind.  He might be a frontcourt player, but I'd take a SG of Wade's caliber with his improving defense and ability to generate good looks for his teammate over a PF with suspect defense who doesn't really create opportunities for his teammates, even with Bosh having the incredible season he is.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »
Bosh is a mediocre defensive player, and that's probably being a little kind.  He might be a frontcourt player, but I'd take a SG of Wade's caliber with his improving defense and ability to generate good looks for his teammate over a PF with suspect defense who doesn't really create opportunities for his teammates, even with Bosh having the incredible season he is.

Geeze...you're not as smart as I thought you were.....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »
He is a finals MVP and carried the Heat to the championship, not Shaq or Riley.

So they would have made the NBA finals without shaq?  And would have won without the help from the refs?

He's a 2 guard, Bosh is a power forward - i think finding a high level PF is harder than finding a high level 2 guard just based on height distributions...the maxim you can't teach height while over used is one that does come into play sometimes (I don't think it justifies drafting any 7 footer in existience who can hold a basketball, but when it comes to a player of bosh caliber i think it matters that he's as tall as he is)

Did you forget that Shaq was hurt or in foul trouble for most of the first three rounds of that run?  Let's not get into the refs helping because it has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

Wade is not just a high level 2 guard he is a premier 2 guard in this league.  I think it's hard to find a player of Wade's caliber.  You can disagree. 

Bosh is a permier front court player and you take that over a premier back court player ANY day of the week.

On the offensive end he is a  premier big man.  On defense he is average  because he doesn't patrol the paint or play quality post defense.

Just to put this into perspective Wade blocks twice as many shots on average being half a foot shorter while playing on the perimeter.  Seriously Wade's defense has really improved since all of the players on TEAM USA made it a point to focus in on it.    He blocks almost 2 shots per game and grabs 2.5 steals a game.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 06:30:08 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com