Author Topic: Magic @ SIxers - Pre Thanksgiving - on ESPN  (Read 4761 times)

jemagee

Magic @ SIxers - Pre Thanksgiving - on ESPN
« on: November 26, 2008, 07:38:55 PM »
anyone?

jemagee

Re: Magic @ SIxers - Pre Thanksgiving - on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:44:15 PM »
Maybe It's just me but it always seems like the sixers have no clue where they are going offensively except on the fast breaks...they have to have some plays don't they?

Offline pointguard86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:41:25 PM »
Jem,

It's not you, it's Mo.

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 08:47:10 PM »
Hi PG - miss me?

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:07:42 PM »
How much fellatio can ESPN perform on Dwight Howard in one broadcast?

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 09:25:42 PM »
Win or lose - that 3 by speights was awesome

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »
Speights having a nice game - showing some shooters touch that Sam probably wishes he had

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 09:51:53 PM »
Some poor boxing out - from everyone - down the stretch of this game - a winnable game but i'm not feeling it right now

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 10:14:14 PM »
Sigh

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 10:47:49 PM »
I was there.  Brutal.  Does Mo have any clue what's going on on the floor at any given time?  The parallels between him and Reid are astounding.  Also, wtf is Miller thinking?  As I proposed earlier this year, can we officially start calling him Andre Miller's Expiring Contract?

True story: in the last 30 seconds, my bro and I were standing up and people were actually yelling at us to sit down.  Some fans are no better than the coach it seems.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 11:28:22 PM »
Speights having a nice game - showing some shooters touch that Sam probably thinks he has

Fixed your quote, which is more than I can say for this team.  I have never seen a team on offense where guys run into each other so much.  If they aren't colliding they are running a second defender right at the ball.  WG is back to overhandling the ball to get a shot, and since he is not hot his shot is way off.  I would like to see more Royal Ivey running hte point on the second team, with Lou at SG.  At some point wouldn't it make sense to play Brand and Speights more together.  That way the best big defender would not always be on Brand, and if he is, Speights can make him pay.  This team, they don't play so good.

BTW, Jem you should take a peek at Philaphans, Bel is telling everyone how none of this is Cheeks' fault, the players are just playing bad and stupidly.  I mean if all of the players, whom you know have talent, look stupid and disorganized I would take a gander at the job the coach is doing, but Bel, not so much.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 02:53:05 AM »
Yes, but playing Speights and Brand together would make way too much sense, wouldn't it?  Stop trying to suggest things that would make a lot of sense! -_-

Bad coach checklist:
-Inefficient offense that seemingly has no clue what it's doing on a possession-by-possession basis
-Defense that routinely leaves at least one good shooter open beyond the arc at all times
-Questionable substitution patterns that never seem to have players in a position to succeed
-Terrible end-game management (now I know some of this was on Miller tonight, but why did Mo call a 20 second timeout right out of Orlando's timeout?)
-Refusal to change minutes due to performance on court (does he still think Green and Evans deserve the minutes he's giving them?)

It doesn't help that he has a PG who pretty much went from good to bad in one offseason, a big name signing who has utterly failed to live up to the hype, a petulant star who's off to a cold start, a backup PG who doesn't know how to pass and has been ice cold from the floor, and only one other guy on the bench worth playing.  But what he could do is play that backup PG at SG (with Ivey, as Skates mentioned) and play Speights WAY WAY MORE.

On a completely, different note, I just had fun with the trade machine!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=991~2004~557~3232~366~2832~598~1024&teams=11~11~8~8~20~20~8~20&te=&cash=

Add a protected Indiana first going to Detroit.  It'd never happen, but whatever, I haven't used the trade machine at all this year, which just felt wrong.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 09:52:34 PM »
Ducky - never play with the trade machine after a bad Sixers loss.   ;D

Seriously, the timeout thing at the end of games drives me batty.  In a close game we always run out of timeouts and last night we could have really used one to set up a last second shot in the half-court.  Mo Cheeks is like the Herm Edwards of the NBA.

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »
Ducky - never play with the trade machine
Fixed

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »
Ducky - never play with the trade machine
Fixed

It's actually pretty tough this year.  Outside of Andre Miller, we have pitifully few assets to make a trade work.