Author Topic: Spurs start season 0-3, WTF is going on?  (Read 12471 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs start season 0-3, WTF is going on?
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2008, 10:51:13 AM »
Tony Parker 3rd person in NBA history to hit 55/10 assists

1. Oscar Robertson ('64-'65) - 56/12

2. Michael Jordan ('92-'93) - 57/10

3. Tony Parker ('08-'09) - 55/10

Another nice milestone from Tonys game:
The worldwide leader: In the era of NBA globalization, there is an important addendum to Spurs point guard Tony Parker's 55-point game against the Timberwolves on Wednesday night: It is the highest single-game output by an international player in league history.  Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki, born in Germany, had the previous high, 53, in a game against Houston on Dec. 2, 2004. Nowitzki scored 51 against Golden State on March 23, 2006.

Houston center Hakeem Olajuwon, born in Nigeria, is the only other international player to crack the 50-point barrier with 52, in an overtime game against Denver on April 19, 1990.

Is this how you are coping with a 16 point rear end kicking loss to the Miami Heat?  The Spurs wagon is pretty bumpy right now I am sure no one hopes you fall off.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2008, 11:47:29 AM »

Is this how you are coping with a 16 point rear end kicking loss to the Miami Heat?  The Spurs wagon is pretty bumpy right now I am sure no one hopes you fall off.

Here is a telling stat from last night:  Wade 36.5 minutes; Bowen 12 minutes.

The starting lineup for the second half which played most of the 3rd quarter:
Duncan
Mason, Jr (new to Spurs)
Hill (rookie)
Tolliver (rookie)
Farmer (2nd yr player; new to Spurs)

Pop has been treating November like an extended preseason.  I was at last night's game and it pissed me off to pay full price and see Duncan for 27 minutes and mostly the 8-15 roster spots.  Manu injured, Parker 10 minutes & injured, Bowen 12 minutes, Kurt Thomas 13 minutes.  Meanwhile for the Heat Beasley & Chalmers for 30 minutes, Wade, Marion & Haslem 35+ minutes.  Of course the Heat starters are going to whip up on the Spurs 2nd and 3rd stringers.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2008, 12:47:48 PM »

Here is a telling stat from last night:  Wade 36.5 minutes; Bowen 12 minutes.

Duncan
Mason, Jr (new to Spurs)
Hill (rookie)
Tolliver (rookie)

Pop has been treating November like an extended preseason.  I was at last night's game and it pissed me off to pay full price and see Duncan for 27 minutes and mostly the 8-15 roster spots.  Manu injured, Parker 10 minutes & injured, Bowen 12 minutes, Kurt Thomas 13 minutes.  Meanwhile for the Heat Beasley & Chalmers for 30 minutes, Wade, Marion & Haslem 35+ minutes.  Of course the Heat starters are going to whip up on the Spurs 2nd and 3rd stringers.

I didnt see the game as I was flying back home.  Though I did read your explanation of their problems in another thread.  The thing is though this is a REALLY slow start to the season.  I haven't seen them come out the gate so bad.  Pop does this every year and they dont look this bad.

Speaking of Bowen the clock has been ticking on when those legs he moves so well start to slow down to the point where he is not as effective.  Could this be that year?  He's not exactly a spring chicken.

Look at the bright side....if the Rockets beat the Lakers tonight and the Spurs continue to lose you guys will shed a certain FakeSpurs.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 01:00:28 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »
Look at the bright side....if the Rockets beat the Lakers tonight and the Spurs continue to lose you guys will shed a certain FakeSpurs.

STFU!  It's going to be a good game, I will be yelling at the TV 2nite I think.

Too bad you were out of town, it was good to met Ted, would have been cool to have a mini-get together like a few of us did some years back.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2008, 11:30:48 AM »

STFU!  It's going to be a good game, I will be yelling at the TV 2nite I think.

Too bad you were out of town, it was good to met Ted, would have been cool to have a mini-get together like a few of us did some years back.

Yea just weird timing, I actually wish I was in town because I know the area Ted was in real well.  Like I said earlier I went to high school in the area for a while.

Where did you guys end up going?

jemagee

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2008, 12:28:49 PM »
New York Newsday Blogger

And, quite frankly, I like San Antonio as a possible destination for Curry because it is the right kind of environment for him to get into. First of all, the Spurs need to get younger and need to get bigger. Curry wouldn't be the man there, he'd have the kind of coaching he needs out of Pop and he could fit quite well next to Tim Duncan. The Spurs would get the big body needed to bang with Shaq and Andrew Bynum and Greg Oden, et al without having to wear down Duncan.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2008, 02:32:36 PM »
New York Newsday Blogger

And, quite frankly, I like San Antonio as a possible destination for Curry because it is the right kind of environment for him to get into. First of all, the Spurs need to get younger and need to get bigger. Curry wouldn't be the man there, he'd have the kind of coaching he needs out of Pop and he could fit quite well next to Tim Duncan. The Spurs would get the big body needed to bang with Shaq and Andrew Bynum and Greg Oden, et al without having to wear down Duncan.

Have you noticed a trend here?  All the "reports" are from NY based papers and fans.  Don't you think they want to dump Curry for some reason?  Where are the stories from NBA insiders at the national sites?  Where are the stories coming out of SA?  Where are the anonymous reports from the league office?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »
Where's Marc Stein or Ric Bucher making something up - where's the 'unnamed' (non existent) scouts talking to Chad Ford?

WHERE IS THE WORLD LEADER?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2008, 04:31:28 PM »

Here is a telling stat from friday night:  Wade 36.5 minutes; Bowen 12 minutes.

Duncan
Mason, Jr (new to Spurs)
Hill (rookie)
Tolliver (rookie)

I didnt see the game as I was flying back home.  Though I did read your explanation of their problems in another thread.  The thing is though this is a REALLY slow start to the season.  I haven't seen them come out the gate so bad.  Pop does this every year and they dont look this bad.

Speaking of Bowen the clock has been ticking on when those legs he moves so well start to slow down to the point where he is not as effective.  Could this be that year?  He's not exactly a spring chicken.

Pop seems to have taken a even more extreme approach to the start of this season.  I think he believes that the team wore down from nagging injuries last year.  So he is managing minutes even more closely as well as seeing just what all the new guys can do.

With Bowen I don't think he has dropped off so far from his 81 (reg season) game, 30 min per play of last year that put him on the all defense team.  I think Pop would rather have Bowen play 10 minutes in November vs Wade and then have fresher legs to play Kobe 25-30 minutes in May.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 10:18:02 AM »

Pop seems to have taken a even more extreme approach to the start of this season.  I think he believes that the team wore down from nagging injuries last year.  So he is managing minutes even more closely as well as seeing just what all the new guys can do.

With Bowen I don't think he has dropped off so far from his 81 (reg season) game, 30 min per play of last year that put him on the all defense team.  I think Pop would rather have Bowen play 10 minutes in November vs Wade and then have fresher legs to play Kobe 25-30 minutes in May.
Yeah that's why Parker did 55 minutes on the back end of a b2b.  Just prior to the injury game.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »
Another nice milestone from Tonys game:
The worldwide leader: In the era of NBA globalization, there is an important addendum to Spurs point guard Tony Parker's 55-point game against the Timberwolves on Wednesday night: It is the highest single-game output by an international player in league history.  Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki, born in Germany, had the previous high, 53, in a game against Houston on Dec. 2, 2004. Nowitzki scored 51 against Golden State on March 23, 2006.

Houston center Hakeem Olajuwon, born in Nigeria, is the only other international player to crack the 50-point barrier with 52, in an overtime game against Denver on April 19, 1990.

LMFAO@U.  Parker is awsome playing .200 ball huh Reality?  Individual accomplishments mean so much to you when the team is playing .200 ball huh?  TD is the greatest at playing .200 ball!  TD owns the land of .200 ball!!!!!

OWNED!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2008, 11:04:28 AM »
Not sure if you are drunk this morning or not, but you are agreeing with my point that Parkers 55 pt scoring game at the cost of playing 50+ minutes on a b2b night was not good management by Popped.

Yeah, I'm *owned* once again.  :D :D
Sthaplthes Cthenter Bartender thank you for the call, please keep him there, I will arrange transportation ASAP.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 11:11:29 AM »
Not sure if you are drunk this morning or not, but you are agreeing with my point that Parkers 55 pt scoring game at the cost of playing 50+ minutes on a b2b night was not good management by Popped.

Sthaplthes Cthenter Bartender thank you for the call, please keep him there, I will arrange transportation ASAP.

Why do you bash Kobe for being on a .500 ball club but you are so silent about the TD/Parker playing .200 ball?  Kobe was putting up monster numbers but all you could focus on was .500 ball.  Funny how you don't mention it anymore, instead you just prop Parker and ignore the .200 ball.  You're such a hypocrit and...U R OWNED!

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »

Why do you bash Kobe for being on a .500 ball club but you are so silent about the TD/Parker playing .200 ball?  Kobe was putting up monster numbers but all you could focus on was .500 ball.  Funny how you don't mention it anymore, instead you just prop Parker and ignore the .200 ball.  You're such a hypocrit and...U R OWNED!

If TD/Parker go the entire year, no make that 3 years like the Kobster did, then indeed it will be suckage.  I will say at least Kobe had PJ.  Popazit can't even surpass .200 with TWO HOFers.  But he is still playing Mike Finley big minutes.  Pop is a genius.  And he's won 4 titles, did you know that?

Irregardless of MoronPop and Tony getting injured, the 55/10 was impressive.  As was the Kome 81.  And i did give Kome props for that.
So you're Realowned.  Yet again.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 11:39:34 AM »
So much for Reality getting on the Houston bandwagon.....

Boy did that Ron Artest trade put them over the top just like Reality said it would.  Stupid Spurs should have got him and they would be a top defensive team.