Author Topic: GAS  (Read 5017 times)

jemagee

Re: GAS
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »
I never really liked It's always sunny - not a fan of the brainless humor usually

I'm quite surprised by Sons of Anarchy - Hellboy is awesome

PS  I was always told that the reason gas in europe is always more expensive had something to do with a lot more taxes added to it?  IS that incorrect?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »
Oh no, it'd be a crappy show whatever city it was supposed to represent - FX does such good dramas it's a shame their 'comedies' are so terrible

Though I liked the one about the people with eating disorders

Sons of Anarchy and The Shield are both really good shows.

I think Its Always Sunny is hillarious though I have to agree that this year hasn't been quite as funny as the previous years.  Its brainless humor.  I take it for what it is and throughly enjoy it.

HEY.............we got monkey.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline atom2030

• AOL Instant Messenger - atom2030
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomp22000
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »
PS  I was always told that the reason gas in europe is always more expensive had something to do with a lot more taxes added to it?  IS that incorrect?

of course that's on target.

but the bullshit gas companies tie every increase in the global oil prices to gas prices.
and then like every 2nd DEcrease is somewhat lowering the gas price days or even weeks later.

So i think the price for a barrel of oil dropped like 50% in the past 3 months or so.
And in the same period, gas prices dropped around 20%

So right now we're around 30% higher than the last time oil proces were compareable in 2007.

It's all well documented, but since it's market driven and not under government control the Shell's and BP's and co can do whatever they want here in the EU ...
 :P
===============================
Felix Skydivers '13
In honor of Felix Baumgartners adventures
... and not just because he's Austrian too

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 07:59:33 PM »
but the bullshit gas companies tie every increase in the global oil prices to gas prices.
and then like every 2nd DEcrease is somewhat lowering the gas price days or even weeks later.

Well that happens here too - i mean gas is probably down 50% from it's summer prices, but my gas prices haven't dropped 50% :)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 08:11:04 PM »

Well that happens here too - i mean gas is probably down 50% from it's summer prices, but my gas prices haven't dropped 50% :)

Yeah J.E.Magee is still 100% gassy, no doubt... ;)

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »
Sons of Anarchy?  LOL, talk about brainless.  Good idea, average writing, and HORRIBLE execution.  What a combo!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »
2.97 this morning - woo hoo

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 10:11:39 AM »
Sons of Anarchy?  LOL, talk about brainless.  Good idea, average writing, and HORRIBLE execution.  What a combo!

I disagree 110%

While I don't think the writing is brilliant I think the story has flowed well.  They've done a good job of developing a few interesting characters and plot lines as well.  Peggy Bundy is excellent on the show IMO.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 10:19:24 AM »
Plus Taryn Manning is on the show...

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 12:06:45 PM »
If you're interested in the international view, this is the EURO side of the problem:

here in (Central) Europe we're almost going below ? 1,- (1 Euro) per LITER again (which equals, as you know, ? 3.8 - or US$ 4.8 - per gallon), for the first time in at least a year and a half.

2 months ago we were close to ?1.6 per LITER, and in combination with a EUR/US$ exchange rate of 1/1.6 a gallon was around US$ 9.7 then.

But of course, the average car (like mine) in Europe has a fuel consumption of just 7l/100km, which equals around 36 mpg. So we're paying more for but using some less gas ...

Always interested in the Euro view.

Having travelled (and driven) quite a bit in Europe, it just amazes me how expensive gas has gotten there. But the Europeans are much more practical when it comes to true fuel-efficiency in their cars, unlike here.

However, I plan to just shoot myself if I am ever caught driving in a big city over there ever again. It would be quicker and the end result would amount to the same.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 12:11:20 PM »
S.O.A. and the Shield are both kind of riveting. Sons took a while to get going, though, but lately it has picked up and while I agree it has a somewhat silly premise, it doesn't matter so much any more.

I also get a kick out of it taking place in San Joaquin county, making it look like the meth/anarchy capital of California. Bet the folks just south of me are taking that well.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »
S.O.A. and the Shield are both kind of riveting. Sons took a while to get going, though, but lately it has picked up and while I agree it has a somewhat silly premise, it doesn't matter so much any more.

I also get a kick out of it taking place in San Joaquin county, making it look like the meth/anarchy capital of California. Bet the folks just south of me are taking that well.

I thought "The Inland Empire" in SoCal was the Meth capitol of the planet.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 02:08:40 PM »

It is, but that is not what I am saying. The makers of this show are indicating it is Central California, but in truth, meth is made in more place just like Charming then in bigger venues.

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 02:17:31 PM »
Is Charming I real town, I just kind of assumed it was a 'non specific' part of california that's more 'rural' than the metropolitan LA/SF areas...sort of on purpose to avoid offending any one specifically.

And BTW - can that guy from the shield play ANY character that isn't at least a little bit creepy?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »

It is, but that is not what I am saying. The makers of this show are indicating it is Central California, but in truth, meth is made in more place just like Charming then in bigger venues.

It seems like the only reason they did that was so they could sell weapons to the gang in the bay area the writer(s) uses in The Shield.  Other then that, if they are clearly copying the Hells Angels, it would make sense for it to be San Bernadino.  Except they keep the tweakers out of the area.    No way you can keep meth drug dealers out of the IE.  It would blow apart the whole dual personality of the 'club' and the neccesary evil the residence deal with.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com