Author Topic: Off to Vegas  (Read 10553 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Off to Vegas
« on: September 14, 2008, 08:39:06 AM »
I'm about to head out to Las Vegas for VMworld.

The reason I'm posting that?  Because I've got plans to meet up with an old MSNBC blast-from-the-past:  PrplReign.

If any of the rest of you techie-types are out there, I'm staying at the Mirage, so call me up!
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Off to Vegas
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:33:26 AM »
I wanted to go to VMworld but can't!  Argh.

Joe treat yourself to some In N Out while you are out there (fast food, not hookers, get your mind out of the gutter)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 12:17:43 PM »
Ah yes, In N Out, the most over rated quick prep food west of the rockies.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 08:35:08 PM »

Joe treat yourself to some In N Out while you are out there (fast food, not hookers, get your mind out of the gutter)

Joe V,

Pay no attention to that child.  Fat Burger is the place to go if you're gonna have a burger in Vegas.  If there is a Johnny Rockets hit that as a 2nd option, if neither is aviable then hit the In N Out.

I remember a Beastie Boys song that goes "I fly a Fat Burger when I'm way out west".  Hmmmm......someone could bite a handle/screen name from a lyric like that.......  I think that lyric comes after some White Caslte line, how anyone can compare that expired dog food on a bun called White Castle to Fat Burger is beyond me.  Then again they were from the East Coast, East Coasters don't know the difference between a burger and a sloppy joe.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »
Ah yes, In N Out, the most over rated quick prep food west of the rockies.

Do you ever have anything good to say about Cali? You can leave back to that hole you call Philly anytime you want

IN N OUT RULES!!!!!!!!! Nothing you pathetic easterners have even comes close and believe me, I've tried them all in evey state, and I mean EVERY STATE! Cheeseteak! what a greasy overrated joke!
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 11:28:21 PM »

Joe V,

Pay no attention to that child.  Fat Burger is the place to go if you're gonna have a burger in Vegas.  If there is a Johnny Rockets hit that as a 2nd option, if neither is aviable then hit the In N Out.

I remember a Beastie Boys song that goes "I fly a Fat Burger when I'm way out west".  Hmmmm......someone could bite a handle/screen name from a lyric like that.......  I think that lyric comes after some White Caslte line, how anyone can compare that expired dog food on a bun called White Castle to Fat Burger is beyond me.  Then again they were from the East Coast, East Coasters don't know the difference between a burger and a sloppy joe.

If you want to pay 11 bucks for a burger, fries, and a drink that is on the same level as In N Out...go right ahead.  Take the pisa's advice.  If you want a quality burger, fries, and a drink for 5.50, then go to In N Out.

Fat Burger is good don't get me wrong but it's overpriced.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 09:31:33 AM »
If you want to pay 11 bucks for a burger, fries, and a drink that is on the same level as In N Out...go right ahead.  Take the pisa's advice.  If you want a quality burger, fries, and a drink for 5.50, then go to In N Out.

Fat Burger is good don't get me wrong but it's overpriced.

Joe,

If you are on a tight budget and want a $5.00 burger, .45 drink and .05 fries then by all means goto In N Out.  For some reason I don't like their fries, they are fresh and everything but I don't know what the deal is, I think they under cook them or something.  They do have very good burgers but IMO they are a little plain.  There are only two or three burger chains where you can actually taste the meat in the burger, Johnny Rockets, Fat Burger, and to a certain extent Wendy's.  If you do the right thing and go to Fat Burger make sure you get Fat Fries and not their regular fries.  Fat Burger is on the pricey side, especially if you grab a shake or if you really step up to the plate and order a monster King Burger.

Allah forbid you end up at In N Out, but if his peace and love NOT be upon you....you could sound like a regular if you throw in some "insider" jargon.  Order your fies "well ies", meaning well done.  You can order your burger any number of way, lots of people order their burger "animal style".  This stuff is not on the menu FYI.  You can even order your burger as a "4 X 4" (4 by 4), meaning 4 meats and 4 cheeses.  In N Out in Cali stopped making anything bigger than a 4 X 4, I remember the good old days when you could order a 10 X 10, but we are not allowed to kill ourselves anymore by eating ourselves to death.  :(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 11:31:50 AM »

Joe V,

....geez,  we don't have In N Out here, but we do have FatBurger - it blows, no flavor in that burger.  we also have johnny rockets, and that is hardly worth ranting about either.  if any of you guys ever show up here I will need to show some real burgers that have some actual FLAVOR.  I have alwasy wanted to try In N Out, but have heard recently from people saying it not that great...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 12:13:50 PM »
....geez,  we don't have In N Out here, but we do have FatBurger - it blows, no flavor in that burger.  we also have johnny rockets, and that is hardly worth ranting about either.  if any of you guys ever show up here I will need to show some real burgers that have some actual FLAVOR.  I have alwasy wanted to try In N Out, but have heard recently from people saying it not that great...

ANYTHING with beef in it is better in Texas IMO.  The absolute best burger I ever had was in Houston at a place called "The Village Brewery", their sourdough kiaser bun really makes a difference. 

There are better places in LA than those but they are not chains.  Applepan in Westwood and Cassells in downtown.  I'm sure there are gourmet (sic?) burger places that are better but IMO there are not better chains than the ones we are discussing.  IMO when a place like White Castle is able to stay in buisness then IMO the East Coast burger fans are morons and should not comment.  I mean how does that White Crapulet slop even begin to compare to Tommy's, which is the equivalent on the Best Coast.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 12:15:16 PM »
I don't get it. Why on earth would any of you SoCal guys go to In&Out, Fat Burger, or Wendy's when you can just go to Tommy's?

Best burger places, though, by far, are little unknown joints found up in the Gold Country east of here. Or in Sonoma over in the wine country. Found a place in Ione, Jackson, and Amador City in Amador county that were so good, it is worth driving up there to get them.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 12:16:14 PM »
I don't get it. Why on earth would any of you SoCal guys go to In&Out, Fat Burger, or Wendy's when you can just go to Tommy's?

Best burger places, though, by far, are little unknown joints found up in the Gold Country east of here. Or in Sonoma over in the wine country. Found a place in Ione, Jackson, and Amador City in Amador county that were so good, it is worth driving up there to get them.

Because they don't want chilli on their burger?  Their burgers with out chilli are just not that good.  The patty's are super thin and the bun is whatever.  Though all that is fixed with chilli.  That is if you want it.

Plus there are no Tommy's in Las Vegas.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 12:39:03 PM »
Because they don't want chilli on their burger?  Their burgers with out chilli are just not that good.  The patty's are super thin and the bun is whatever.  Though all that is fixed with chilli.  That is if you want it.

Agreed WK, it's like a Big Mac without the McSauce, just plain.  wk, have you ever heard of Applepan?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »

Agreed WK, it's like a Big Mac without the McSauce, just plain.  wk, have you ever heard of Applepan?

I'd actually take Applepan over Fat Burger. 

There is this eastcoast burger chain that has made it out here called Five Brothers (or maybe it's four) that I've heard from people in DC/Eastcoast that says its amazing.  I heard from someone the place is serving burgers as we speak but forgot to ask what city.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 02:21:39 PM »
IN N OUT RULES!!!!!!!!! Nothing you pathetic easterners have even comes close and believe me, I've tried them all in evey state, and I mean EVERY STATE! Cheeseteak! what a greasy overrated joke!
Props for telling the board about "animal style".  While i had eaten many an In and Out burger, it was not until you posted that i ordered Animal.  Been Animal ever since.
Dan you used to drive truck, no?  50 states definitely qualifies you as a burger expert.

Now if we could just In and Out and other places to make turkeyburgers.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 02:33:56 PM »
Props for telling the board about "animal style".  While i had eaten many an In and Out burger, it was not until you posted that i ordered Animal.  Been Animal ever since.
Dan you used to drive truck, no?  50 states definitely qualifies you as a burger expert.

Now if we could just In and Out and other places to make turkeyburgers.

Fat Burger has the BEST turkey burgers.  Bar none.

Oh and WOW is right, the beef in Texas is much better then out here.  I've noticed that on my many trips to Dallas/Austin.  The quality of beef out here just is not touching Texas.