Author Topic: Off to Vegas  (Read 10542 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Off to Vegas
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 12:08:55 PM »
 Animal style hasn't been a secret forever.  Reality is just retarded.  

:D :D :D :D
This morning i have very bad gas and privacy.  So I'm just personalizing it, enjoying them.  Rating them.  You remember the George Calin skit.  We all do it.
Ahhhhh.  I don't think anything you guys say this morning could disrupt me.

I can tell it's bad from what you just typed.......please, NOT sharing IS caring....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »
And that post right there is why most of America dislikes Californians :)

Actually most Americans dislike California because they can't live here.

But being from the Philadelphia area myself, having been born 30 minutes north of there and living for a while across the river in Jersey, my perspective is that those cheesesteaks would have to be a hell of a lot better then they are to lure me back for any length of time.

There was one place, though, in my home town of Hazelton, called I think Knotty Farm, or something similar. Best pork sandwiches I have ever had. I keep trying them in other places, but just can't find the same flavor.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 01:18:55 PM »

In my personal experience people prefer the threat of hurricane (and tornado) to the threat of earthquake.

The food alone is not what holds the 'allure' to move back to the east coast someday when I can afford it, it's one of many factors.  I've lived on the east coast, the midwest, and the west coast, and given my druthers and the financial wherewithal to choose, i'd prefer to live on the east coast.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »

You don't see me challenging pizza...that's one thing I wish we had better quality of out here.  You do have a number of mom and pop joints that have solid pizza but not quite like it is on the eastcoast.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 01:36:08 PM »

You don't see me challenging pizza...that's one thing I wish we had better quality of out here.  You do have a number of mom and pop joints that have solid pizza but not quite like it is on the eastcoast.

Just like with the bagels - it's the water (i think an obscure HBO show quote)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 01:43:08 PM »
Do you think somehow the large amounts of people who cross the border into California stop at Los Angeles?  Do you think Santa Barbara is some other universe from Los Angeles?

I suppose it could be asked how someone from LA could talk about Mexican food because really, only people from San Diego/Baja would know good Mexican food.

Well, jemagee, they kinda do, actually.

LA's Hispanic population dwarfs the rest of the nation, not to mention California's. The state is home to approximately 14 million Hispanics, the majority of them born here, but a large number come over the border each year as well. It is just that most of the bordercrosser are not expecting to stay, just earn some money to send home.

Los Angeles alone is home to 5 million Hispanics, which does kind of overwhelms San Diego's 900,000, so perhaps a few of those beansters in LA can provide adequate home cooking a bit more regularly and in more locations then San Diego. Santa Barbara has about 150,000, so, while significant, I think LA knows what they are talking about when they claim they have a better chance of finding good Mexican food over San Diego and Santa Barbara combined. Probably as much as some cities in Mexico, in fact.

Twenty-three percent (over 80,000) of the annual increase in the Hispanic population (which amounts to just under 350,000 a YEAR!) happens in Los Angeles, NOT in San Diego, which only keeps about 5.5 percent of that total, just under 19,000 people. Santa Barbara gets all of 0.7 percent of the annual increase, or under 2,500 each year.

So maybe they cross the border in San Diego, and they border Tijuana, but the are mostly GOING to Los Angeles.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 01:43:58 PM »

Just like with the bagels - it's the water (i think an obscure HBO show quote)

That and the fact that a lot of Californian's actually think California Pizza Kitchen makes good pizza.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 01:45:24 PM »
That and the fact that a lot of Californian's actually think California Pizza Kitchen makes good pizza.

I enjoy CPK but I know it ain't pizza, i just like the variety of toppings every once in a while.

Santa Barbara has some ok local pizza, but it's definitely a hit or miss proposition, heck there's one 'chain' with 4 locations, and only 2 have good pizza :)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »

In my personal experience people prefer the threat of hurricane (and tornado) to the threat of earthquake.

The food alone is not what holds the 'allure' to move back to the east coast someday when I can afford it, it's one of many factors.  I've lived on the east coast, the midwest, and the west coast, and given my druthers and the financial wherewithal to choose, i'd prefer to live on the east coast.

Their choice, but no one ever said living where you want is not without its challenges.

We do not get earthquakes in Sacramento, but flooding is a concern. And the wildfires in the mountains tend to blacken the skies. But I can see where experiencing a hurricane or a tornado instead of an earthquake would appeal to mid-westerners  ::) The news shows show all those smiling faces in Galveston and Houston lately as they look at what is left of their lives. Universal distruction as opposed to selective is so much more preferable.

And I would never move back to the East Coast, ever, no matter how much money I had. If I had a choice, I would live where I am, with a condo in San Francisco and a home in the south of France and maybe another condo in Belize, but no one is planning to leave me millions in their will.

jemagee

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 01:59:31 PM »
We do not get earthquakes in Sacramento, but flooding is a concern.

At the moment...we don't get a lot of earthquakes in santa barbara, however the biggest (at the moment inactive) fault in california reportedly is centered in santa barbara and if it went active and had a high enough hit it would take out about half the state....north and south.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 02:57:56 PM »
But I can see where experiencing a hurricane or a tornado instead of an earthquake would appeal to mid-westerners  ::)

Well, growing up in the Midwest was interesting but I don't recall any hurricanes.  I think it has something to do with no oceans.

;)

And I would never move back to the East Coast, ever, no matter how much money I had. If I had a choice, I would live where I am, with a condo in San Francisco and a home in the south of France and maybe another condo in Belize, but no one is planning to leave me millions in their will.

Very similar to my wife and mine housing dreams.  Our current home in San Antonio, a nice place in the Carribean and one in southern Europe.  And if I ever win one of those hundred million dollar lotteries I may even look to buy an island in the south pacific.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »

Well, growing up in the Midwest was interesting but I don't recall any hurricanes.  I think it has something to do with no oceans.

;)

Tell that to the people of Chicago who just had to be evacuated due to the remnants of Ike.

jemagee

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 03:47:27 PM »
Chicago, that's the sixth windiest city in america, right?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 03:50:48 PM »
Chicago, that's the sixth windiest city in america, right?

Birthplace of Bugogi....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 05:32:29 PM »

;)

Tell that to the people of Chicago who just had to be evacuated due to the remnants of Ike.

Remnants...did it have hurricane force winds?  If not then it wasn't a hurricane.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues