Author Topic: Team US kicking tail!  (Read 5627 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Team US kicking tail!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 06:06:41 PM »
Wade has been the most efficient scorer and the 3rd best defender (IMO)  but Lebron has been pretty good in many departments.  He def is not slacking in any department.    Not to mention Lebron and Kobe are the leaders of this squad so I think that gives them bonus points.  Clearly you can see Kobe's confidence (or to some cockiness) rubbing off on these players.   That confidence and swagger is not something they had the last two times we've got our butts kicked.
We are going to have to make a thread debating Redeem vs Dream Team's if our guys can pull off the gold.

I've watched every game team USA has played with the exception of Germany.  D-Wade has been all over the place.  LeBron is doing his thing but Wade is doing it on both ends or the court every minute he is in the game.  Wade is clearly the best player for team USA right now.  It's amazing how good these guys can play D when they are not required to carry the offensive load.  IMO Wade is the man right now, it's clear from watching the games.  Mello has been a major disappointment.

Argentina vs Greece is amazing, I DVR'd it.

P.S.  No offense, are you watching the entire game of just highlights?  It's pretty obvious Wade is the US MVP from watching the games.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:16:05 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 06:25:57 PM »
We are going to have to make a thread debating Redeem vs Dream Team's if our guys can pull off the gold.

Larry Legend commented on this topic today.  Kobe is the only guy on the Redeem Team that would start on the Dream Team.  Charles Barkley would "punk" then entire 08 front line.   :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 06:30:01 PM »
Argentina vs Greece was off the chain!

Amazing game.  Too bad they are going to get their arses handed to them on a non-medal platter by team USA!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 06:37:06 PM »

Larry Legend commented on this topic today.  Kobe is the only guy on the Redeem Team that would start on the Dream Team.  Charles Barkley would "punk" then entire 08 front line.   :D
:D Who was Kobe going to replace in the starting lineup, Larry himself?
Trivia Q.  Why was Kream not on the Dream Team?

WayOutWest
Argentina vs Greece was off the chain!  Amazing game.
  I'm glad you got to watch a reasonably healthy 1st tier GNob.  It's good for you. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 06:43:09 PM »

That's what I was thinking.  He's not replacing MJ.

I'm glad you got to watch a reasonably healthy 1st tier GNob.  It's good for you. 

I did see a healthy 3rd tier Manu (maybe 2nd tier international) and no surprise it was Delfino who was the story of the game especially in the 4th quarter.  Delphino singlehandedly kept Argentina in the game.  Nice brick from Manu on the last possesion.  Yup most def a 3rd tier NBA baller.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »

Pretty sure I'd take Kobe over Chris Mullin or Clyde Drexler. Although Clyde is very underrated these days. He was a great player in his prime.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »

Pretty sure I'd take Kobe over Chris Mullin or Clyde Drexler. Although Clyde is very underrated these days. He was a great player in his prime.

Larry Bird said Kobe is the only guy on the current Olympic team that would be a STARTER on the 92 Dream Team.  Kobe's obviously better than most of those guys but cracking the starting line up is a different feat all together.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 11:37:08 AM »
Duly noted. My bad.

What was the starting lineup by the way?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »
Wade has been the most efficient scorer and the 3rd best defender (IMO)  but Lebron has been pretty good in many departments.  He def is not slacking in any department.    Not to mention Lebron and Kobe are the leaders of this squad so I think that gives them bonus points.  Clearly you can see Kobe's confidence (or to some cockiness) rubbing off on these players.   That confidence and swagger is not something they had the last two times we've got our butts kicked.

I've watched every game team USA has played with the exception of Germany.  D-Wade has been all over the place.  LeBron is doing his thing but Wade is doing it on both ends or the court every minute he is in the game.  Wade is clearly the best player for team USA right now.  It's amazing how good these guys can play D when they are not required to carry the offensive load.  IMO Wade is the man right now, it's clear from watching the games.  Mello has been a major disappointment.

Argentina vs Greece is amazing, I DVR'd it.

P.S.  No offense, are you watching the entire game of just highlights?  It's pretty obvious Wade is the US MVP from watching the games.

Some high lights, some games.  I haven't seen every minute of every game.  Wade was awesome in the prelims but has been quite over the last 2 games....

Not saying Wade isn't awesome.  He def is playing like his old self.  I just think someone like Lebron is doing more because he is the squad leader, has to run the offense, and defend.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »
Some high lights, some games.  I haven't seen every minute of every game.  Wade was awesome in the prelims but has been quite over the last 2 games....

Not saying Wade isn't awesome.  He def is playing like his old self.  I just think someone like Lebron is doing more because he is the squad leader, has to run the offense, and defend.

I've watched every minute of every game except Germany.  LeBron is being LeBron, fantastic finishes at the rim but as far as him being the leader, I don't know if I agree with that.  Wade is clearly the MVP, it's no contest.  Kobe has had the best highlights of the Olympics so far but that doesn't out weigh what Wade is doing on both ends of the court, the energy he brings is amazing.  The best play of the Olympics was set up by Wade, he was falling out of bounds near half court and threw the ball back towards the rim and Kobe caught it in the air for a dunk.  Wade said he wished he could say that was his intent but he said it was more about Kobe going after it than where he threw it.  Wade has been nearly perfect on and off the court.  NO CONTEST!  CASE CLOSED!  ;)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 12:08:22 PM »

I've watched every minute of every game except Germany.  LeBron is being LeBron, fantastic finishes at the rim but as far as him being the leader, I don't know if I agree with that.  Wade is clearly the MVP, it's no contest.  Kobe has had the best highlights of the Olympics so far but that doesn't out weigh what Wade is doing on both ends of the court, the energy he brings is amazing.  The best play of the Olympics was set up by Wade, he was falling out of bounds near half court and threw the ball back towards the rim and Kobe caught it in the air for a dunk.  Wade said he wished he could say that was his intent but he said it was more about Kobe going after it than where he threw it.  Wade has been nearly perfect on and off the court.  NO CONTEST!  CASE CLOSED!  ;)

MVP doesn't always equal leader.  Lebron and Kobe are the leaders.  There is no getting around that as players and the coaching staff has talked about it. 

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 04:05:48 PM »
I'd say that the level of competition in 2008 is also greater than the competition (from other countries) in 1992 as well

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 04:38:43 PM »
MVP doesn't always equal leader.  Lebron and Kobe are the leaders.  There is no getting around that as players and the coaching staff has talked about it. 

Not once did I say Wade was the leader.  I've said he is the best player.  I said he's the MVP.  Don't go RealityTwistyFag on me ok! 

I did question about LeBron being a leader.  Being a leader is more than just yapping, I've yet to see a leader on the court.  Maybe someone is being a leader in the locker room or on the bench but nobody is being a leader on the court IMO.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 05:14:14 PM »

Staring 5 usually rolled like this:
C: Patrick Ewing or DRob
PF: Charles Barkley or Malone
SF Larry Bird
SG: Michael Jordan
PG: Magic Johnson
No way Kobe would start over Magic or MJ.  Mullin was 3rd string.
So again, who is Bird talking about?

Bench:

Center: David Robinson or Ewing
Power Forward: Karl Malone Or Barkley
Small Forward: Scottie Pippen
Shooting Guard: Clyde Drexler
Point Guard: John Stockton

11th and 12th of the bench:

Shooting Guard: Chris Mullin (he did play quite a bit and did well.  Played much more then Stockton.  Didn't Stockton have some injury?
Small Forward: Christian Laettner
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:23:23 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »
Larry Bird thinks very highly of Kobe.  On Dan Patricks show Larry said if Kobe doesn't get an mvp it makes him want to throw away his.