Author Topic: anyone else get the feeling this us vs russia thing is setup??  (Read 5646 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: anyone else get the feeling this us vs russia thing is setup??
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 12:08:11 PM »
And by the way Ted you're way off base.  X3 is a way better writer than Tom Clancy.

lol...i can feel the back of your hand all the way over here.  lol
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 12:24:03 PM »
^^ Not to mention good ole Georgias atrocious human rights conditions.  Allie of good ole US.  ::)

Politics as a cure.  Humans ruling humans.  It's a guaranteed losing proposition.

So what your saying is we should have humans rule robots only?

you got it backwards, robots rule humans, all will be right with the world.

...Except in Zion.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 12:48:15 PM »
^^ Not to mention good ole Georgias atrocious human rights conditions.  Allie of good ole US.  ::)

Politics as a cure.  Humans ruling humans.  It's a guaranteed losing proposition.

So what your saying is we should have humans rule robots only?

you got it backwards, robots rule humans, all will be right with the world.

...Except in Zion.

...and cybertron...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »
huh?  There are humans on cybertron?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »

Didn't they go to help out when the animated movie came out?  atleast Spike was there that I remember...have not watched that movie in ages..

jemagee

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 12:57:31 PM »

Didn't they go to help out when the animated movie came out?  atleast Spike was there that I remember...have not watched that movie in ages..

Unicron, the transforming planet...so silly

So my gf watches the cartoon with me and asks how is it if the 'all sparq' invented all the transformers that some are evil and some aren't :)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 12:59:06 PM »

Unicron, the transforming planet...so silly

So my gf watches the cartoon with me and asks how is it if the 'all sparq' invented all the transformers that some are evil and some aren't :)

lol.

silly girl.   ::)

j/k.

Anyone see they are making Tron 2? 

jemagee

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »
I told her you just have to accept certain things...

I saw the comicon trailer for tron 2 on youtube (via cell phone) interesting...the dude looks terrible, next time i see him in office max i'm asdking him about it

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 01:08:42 PM »
I told her you just have to accept certain things...

I saw the comicon trailer for tron 2 on youtube (via cell phone) interesting...the dude looks terrible, next time i see him in office max i'm asdking him about it

Yeah, the Dude did not abide this time...but I will still watch it.

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 01:32:21 PM »
Something about it all being real now, like real real, it's kind of goofy...i was nev er a big fan off the first tron, yes cool effects (at the time) but a story dumber than the black hole-

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 07:17:22 PM »
In the first place Georgia started the fighting be sending their Army into S. Ossetia where separatists wanted to join back up with N. Ossettia which is still part of Russia.  All the Russians have done is responded by invading those areas of Georgia where the populations are more ethnically attached to Russians.

What business is this of the US?  None until you consider the geopolitical situation.  There is the belief that the basin around the Caspian Sea holds a lot of oil, and if you don't want to deal with Russia or Iran to get it, the fastest way to the West is through Georgia.  It is clearly in the West's interests to keep Russia and Iran from controlling the oil flow to Europe.

The real question is, why did Russia respond in the way that they did?  Georgia was part of the USSR and they let it go.  You can bet at the time the Russians were careful in terms of what they gave up, but it appears that Russian dreams of being a world power are far from dead and maybe they have other ideas about their former satellite states.

One would think that the two neighboring states would get along reasonably well, but Russia is becoming more imperialistic now that their oil and mineral wealth has put them into a position of influence.  Russia is still a dangerous state.  They may not be Communists any longer, but they're have no respect for private property and the rule of law. They seem more interested in flexing their muscles and seeing what they can get away with.

And this thread has turned into a discussion about Tron? No wonder the US is going down the tubes!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 07:50:39 PM »
......but they're have no respect for private property and the rule of law. They seem more interested in flexing their muscles and seeing what they can get away with.

Gee.....that sounds familiar........
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 08:21:58 PM »
......but they're have no respect for private property and the rule of law. They seem more interested in flexing their muscles and seeing what they can get away with.

Gee.....that sounds familiar........

Careful that Reality isn't behind you when you type that...he may think you are teasing...

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 08:22:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's an impossibility for reality to take anything anyway other than 'seriously'

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 10:15:31 AM »
In the first place Georgia started the fighting be sending their Army into S. Ossetia where separatists wanted to join back up with N. Ossettia which is still part of Russia.  All the Russians have done is responded by invading those areas of Georgia where the populations are more ethnically attached to Russians.

That's how it started. But Russian forces have moved into areas of Georgia outside of South Ossetia. And they've bombed civilian targets. Russia is clearly interfering with another state. And dammit, the only country in the world that can do that is the U-frickin-nited States of America.

Seriously though, Russia crossed the line. At least we fabricated some evidence before we invaded and we "tried" to avoid killing civilians. They just went in and started bombing civilians.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton