Author Topic: anyone else get the feeling this us vs russia thing is setup??  (Read 5641 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
seems like they are trying to jump start the old cold war economies..

"choose us or Georgia..."

"we choose Georgia..."

sounds a little to fake to me, and just as bush is on the verge of leaving office, seems like a setup for the GOP to get their man in office after Bush leaves and a way to give more power to Putin, he may not be Pres anymore but he IS the puppet master there...

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: anyone else get the feeling this us vs russia thing is setup??
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 09:25:19 AM »
 ::)

You're a regular Tom Clancy!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 09:27:03 AM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 10:42:38 AM »
A setup to get John McCain in office?  Seems a bit far fetched.  They donated a whopping 40 people to our international coalition of minature countries for our Afgan/Iraq invasion so we are returning the favor by giving them aid.  Our government is such an awesome business!  They give us a truck full of soldiers and later on we turn around to give them millions in military aid in the form of body armor, training, and weapons. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:04:15 AM »
A setup to get John McCain in office?  Seems a bit far fetched.  They donated a whopping 40 people to our international coalition of minature countries for our Afgan/Iraq invasion so we are returning the favor by giving them aid.  Our government is such an awesome business!  They give us a truck full of soldiers and later on we turn around to give them millions in military aid in the form of body armor, training, and weapons. 

just does not seem like smart business for long term political relations in that area of the world..piss off russia, save the crumb called georgia...and we know the rebels did what they did to cause this in the first place. how dumb.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 11:17:01 AM »
piss off russia, save the crumb called georgia

That's short ranged thinking...if no one stops georgia from what they are doing in georgia what's to stop them from going after the other former satellites of the USSR...maybe they are testing international resolve, starting small, but if no one puts up any fuss they'll swallow up the other old countries, so you gotta get on their case now.

Not for nothing, but what the hell does russia have to offer the world any more aside from caviar and vodka?  I mean at least the chinese give us good quality low priced electronics

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »
PS

John McCain can NOT be president, didn't ANY of you see Team America World Police?  What the hell do you think that bulge in his neck is?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 11:42:20 AM »
piss off russia, save the crumb called georgia

That's short ranged thinking...if no one stops georgia from what they are doing in georgia what's to stop them from going after the other former satellites of the USSR...maybe they are testing international resolve, starting small, but if no one puts up any fuss they'll swallow up the other old countries, so you gotta get on their case now.

Not for nothing, but what the hell does russia have to offer the world any more aside from caviar and vodka?  I mean at least the chinese give us good quality low priced electronics

Wasn't this caused because rebels in Georgie WANT to region russia??  I don't think russia did this until provoked.  I may be wrong but that's how I thought the whole thing started..

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »
^^ Not to mention good ole Georgias atrocious human rights conditions.  Allie of good ole US.  ::)

Politics as a cure.  Humans ruling humans.  It's a guaranteed losing proposition.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »
It's rather complicated.  It is now being reported that weeks prior the start of this that Russian groups were stepping up cyber assaults on Georgian govt computer systems.   They have been doing that for some time (they also did this to Estonia) but the massive increase in traffic could indicate that they not only knew this would happen, but knew when.  

There is apparently gas and/or oil involved here as well.  Allowing Russia to gain control of another source of energy that our allies in Western Europe are dependent on is not a good situation at all.

The Georgian pres really gambled and lost.  Badly.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 11:56:44 AM »
^^ Not to mention good ole Georgias atrocious human rights conditions.  Allie of good ole US.  ::)

Politics as a cure.  Humans ruling humans.  It's a guaranteed losing proposition.

So what your saying is we should have humans rule robots only?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 11:57:16 AM »
And by the way Ted you're way off base.  X3 is a way better writer than Tom Clancy.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »
Maybe it could have been Condi going to Georgia and publicly saying the US is there for them.  right after performing jointr exercises with 10,000+ US troops involved.

The Bushies have just screwed up another region of the world and are still as clueless as when they went looking for WMDs...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 11:59:44 AM »
Maybe it could have been Condi going to Georgia and publicly saying the US is there for them.  right after performing jointr exercises with 10,000+ US troops involved.

The Bushies have just screwed up another region of the world and are still as clueless as when they went looking for WMDs...

It almost reminds me of a disgruntled employee for a corporation who is trying his/her hardest to cause as much damage before they get pushed out.

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 12:01:19 PM »

So what your saying is we should have humans rule robots only?

you got it backwards, robots rule humans, all will be right with the world.

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 12:02:07 PM »
And by the way Ted you're way off base.  X3 is a way better writer than Tom Clancy.

Early Tom Clancy, good
Sum of All Fears - god awful turns many readers off
Executive Orders - back to old clancy
Dealing with Jack Ryans kid and nephews in 'teeth of the tiger' - dumb as dumb
Must write second rainbow six novel