Author Topic: Jason Smith Injures Knee  (Read 10360 times)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
Jason Smith Injures Knee
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:39:26 PM »
Quote from: sixerfan1976
hate to turn the mood to negative..but we may be down a man. Jason Smith sustained knee damage today in a pickup game. He may be down a substantial amount of time....

SF76 then went on to say that the team does NOT believe that it is a minor injury. Suddenly, that backup big man needs to be someone who can actually play. I like Speights a lot but asking him to be our only backup center might be a bit much right off of the bat.

I say Ratliff should be our first target.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Jason Smith Injures Knee
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:43:25 PM »
Not much to say other than this sucks.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »
The curse of the Sixer's white center strikes again...

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 09:11:23 PM »
You mean these...

It still does not explain this guy...

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 10:05:43 PM »
Thanks for making my stomach turn, Skates. Then again, there is one picture that will combat those images...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:13:18 PM »
And thanks for the trip down memory lane.  I doubt many of those pics are prominent in the Sixers Dynasty video.

I was mostly thinking of the injuries that ended the Sixers careers of Ruland and Todd Mac.  I guess you could throw in Shavs wrong way foot, but he was just a fringe player.  The other guys pictured were either just stiffs or had bad late 80's haircuts (of which I also was a victim at the time.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:17:47 PM by tk76- »

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 10:22:42 PM »
And thanks for the trip down memory lane.  I doubt many of those pics are prominent in the Sixers Dynasty video.

Hey man... the G-Man Jumper made it into that DVD set. Speaking of which, does anyone else here own that collection? I have to say that the 1990 team might just be my favorite Sixer squad of all-time. The '83 is great but I was just too young to really appreciate them. The 1990 squad really turned me into the Sixer Freak that I am today.

How perfect would Hersey Hawkins in his prime be for this current Sixers' team??

Miller
Hawkins
Young
Brand
Dalembert

The Hawk is the perfect counter to Ray Allen.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 10:30:18 PM »
Welp was actually having his best game as a Sixer when he was hurt.  He might not have been such a stiff if he had not torn up his knee.  Bradley was a devastatingly bad draft pick who ended simply having no heart.  I forgot about T-Mac, although his feet were hurting him before we got him back, they just went for good when we had him.  Thanks TGP for the good G-Man mojo.

Looking at most of the usual suspect big older vet FA's, a lot of them look like they are completely toasted - OthellaHarrington, Lorenzen Wright, Magloire, Juwan Howard, PJ Brown.  Ratliff is very limited in minutes he can play and may not want to play for the minimum after collecting the remainder of that big contract.  Doleac, Pollard and Voskuhl suck and would fly in the face of the don't be a white Sixers center mantra.  That leaves Francisco Elson, Earl Barron, Dwayne Jones, David Harrison and even Dikembe, plus possibly Ratliff.  Not exactly a murderer's row.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 10:33:01 PM »

Hey man... the G-Man Jumper made it into that DVD set. Speaking of which, does anyone else here own that collection? I have to say that the 1990 team might just be my favorite Sixer squad of all-time. The '83 is great but I was just too young to really appreciate them. The 1990 squad really turned me into the Sixer Freak that I am today.

How perfect would Hersey Hawkins in his prime be for this current Sixers' team??

Miller
Hawkins
Young
Brand
Dalembert

The Hawk is the perfect counter to Ray Allen.

Well if we are going that route how about we draft Mitch Richmond instead of the Charles Smith/Hakins combo and go with his at SG.  In his hetday I still think that Mitch was the best guy to match-up to Jordan, even better than Drexler or Dumars.  A very under-rated player because of the teams he played on in his prime.

Offline pointguard86

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 11:21:23 PM »
don't forget Matt Geiger.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 06:58:34 AM »
How is Thunder Bob not in the top three?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 07:14:01 AM »
How is Thunder Bob not in the top three?

Maybe he will be the new mascot for the OKC team.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 07:31:55 AM »
Here's the latest from SF76...

We are talking to Magliore and Ratliff..trying to convince either to come here and be the backup center on a 1 year vet min deal.

Between the two, give me Ratliff. It's apparently become clear to five NBA teams in four seasons that Magloire doesn't have what it takes and I'm in no rush to become the sixth.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:40:11 AM by TheGuiltyParty »

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 08:22:40 AM »
Theo!

That a name that you can't just say, you have to yell it!  Just like LB did every minute of every game that Ratliff played in philly.  You could hear it on every telecast...my wife still does her impression when she sees Theo in a highlight or game ;D.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 08:31:54 AM »
Here's the latest from SF76...

We are talking to Magliore and Ratliff..trying to convince either to come here and be the backup center on a 1 year vet min deal.

Between the two, give me Ratliff. It's apparently become clear to five[/b/ NBA teams in four seasons that Magloire doesn't have what it takes and I'm in no rush to become the sixth.

Agreed, I thought he was also supposed to be a bad locker room guy.

Who would have thunk that we might actually need Calvin Booth this year.