Author Topic: OT: Team USA  (Read 21876 times)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT: Team USA
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2008, 09:51:13 AM »
On one hand, I appreciate that the Aussie's played hard until the very end in a 30 point loss... on the other hand, I'm not a fan of hard fouls being given with 3 minutes left in a blowout.

So far.... this team resembles the '92 and '96 teams than the 2 previous Olympic teams. If we win the gold with relative ease, I wonder if we will see a bunch of big name players (LeBron, Paul, Anthony, Howard) back out for the games in 2012.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2008, 01:13:08 PM »
FYI... Semifinals tomorrow morning at 10:15am vs. Argentina.  This is the one game that's had me nervous. 

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2008, 09:27:48 AM »
That kid Mills from Australia looks like he could be something.
DX profile

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2008, 10:00:58 AM »
and the momentum switches....

Kobe gets blocked by Nocioni trying to get fancy on a dunk.... I can't stand watching shit like that. 

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »
Terrible basketball being played by USA... Just looks like a bunch of gunners jacking up 3's at an atrocious percentage.  I also don't like Coach K's substitutions in that 2nd quarter.  You don't sub our only big man on the floor for Prince when Scola is on fire.  Kobe was taking ill advised shots and probably should've been pulled.  They need to run that lineup with Paul and Williams in the back court more often.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »
d'oh.  completely forgot to tivo the game.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »
This team was focused in the 1st quarter and blew Argentina out 30-11. Since then, they've played like crap. Also, I know it's been said MANY times, but there is a huge difference in watching this team being run by Chris Paul then when Jason Kidd is on the floor. I think Paul does a much better job of getting dribble penetration and layups for his teammates.

If they're going to jack up 3's all game long... then put Redd on the floor.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2008, 11:17:56 AM »
Paul always finds the most opportune mismatch on each possession.... same can be said for Deron.  The difference between them and Kidd is that Paul and Deron are far better at penetrating, they are better shooters, and they can score off the dribble.  We do a better job of maximizing our abilities offensively with those two on the floor.  I'd like to see the plus minus of that back court.

I know Scola looked like a white Tim Duncan out there, but how about Delfino?  Where did that display come from?  He was knocking down fade away rainbows with ease. 

Gold Medal game should make for a nice Sunday.   

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2008, 01:48:13 PM »
Gold Medal Game is on at 2:30am.  Does anyone know if the game will be showed again on Sunday?  I'd like to think that a gold medal game would be shown again at a more reasonable time. 

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2008, 04:11:24 PM »
I think it will only air tonight LIVE across the nation. If you don't have a DVR/Tivo at this point, I would suggest stopping by Wawa and getting a couple cups of coffee.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »
I think it will only air tonight LIVE across the nation. If you don't have a DVR/Tivo at this point, I would suggest stopping by Wawa and getting a couple cups of coffee.

I woke up and caught the 4th quarter of it in an encore showing this morning.  I was in no position to drive to wawa last night.  One too many cups of coffee, if you know what I mean  8)

Team USA officially re-deemed. 

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2008, 10:52:24 AM »
I loved the ending of that game. I suspected that some of these guys were just towing the company line by saying that playing in these Olympics was the biggest event of their lives. Well, the emotion these guys showed at the end of the game seemed genuine to me and I loved watching Kobe hug Coach K. It felt so weird to be downright giddy while watching Kobe celebrate winning something.