Author Topic: I friggin hate the phillies  (Read 28910 times)

jemagee

Re: I friggin hate the phillies
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2008, 03:54:09 PM »
Fortunately, the rumor mill indicates that those negotiations are actually moving farther apart...i should have bookmarked that quote from earlier this season, soneone did a chat, i think amaro, and basically said they wouldn't even think about moving donald to 3rd cause they just don't think he's that type of guy (paraphrasing)

Which i found BEFUDDLING after the nunez/bell/feliz years...i mean jesus...donald might be the best 3rd base prospect in the phils system SINCE scott rolen

jemagee

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2008, 09:13:46 PM »
I really hope Peter Gammons is wrong cause if the marlins get manny ramirez but don't have to pay him any actual money directly i'll be pissed

jemagee

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »
Manny Ramirez traded but not to the marlins, nor did they get jason bay

excellent

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2008, 12:58:58 PM »
Shane Victorino is the Sam Dalembert of the Phillies - both get by purely on physical tools without any real idea of how to play their respective sports.

jemagee

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2008, 01:07:58 PM »
Shane Victorino is the Sam Dalembert of the Phillies - both get by purely on physical tools without any real idea of how to play their respective sports.

Yeah, not even close

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2008, 03:30:40 PM »
I do have to agree that Shane's fundamentals (particularly base running) are somewhat lacking.

and a .341 career OBP is not getting it done for a guy with limited power.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 03:32:26 PM by Derek Bodner »

jemagee

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »
I do have to agree that Shane's fundamentals (particularly base running) are somewhat lacking.

His base running have improved dramatically over just the beginning of last year, he's gotten much better on the base paths, and as a right fielder he was one of the best defensively with a great arm, they forced him to move to center.

Sam on the other hand still seems like basketball is a novel concept to him, at least to me.

Oh yeah, Shane isn't grossly over paid for his production, he's a rule V pick who grossly over performs what was expected of him.

I feel it's a stretch to say sam plays to the level of his contract

but whatever, some people just want to find someone to complain about on the phillies...myers is getting his crap back together, howard is playing better, chase utley seems immune from criticism, so i guess shane is next?

Offline sixerscan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »

Everyone can't be superstars. He gives you league average hitting at a light hitting position plus he'll steal some bases at a decent rate. I'm fine with him.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2008, 05:47:39 AM »
His base running have improved dramatically over just the beginning of last year

based on what metrics?  Stolen base %, sure, he's a great base stealer.  but his fundamentals on the base path, I feel, are still very poor.

Oh yeah, Shane isn't grossly over paid for his production, he's a rule V pick who grossly over performs what was expected of him.

I feel it's a stretch to say sam plays to the level of his contract

Didn't you just argue with Iguodala that we should be upset with management, not the player?

I mean, like just last week?

You're the most contradicting poster I've ever seen.

(I'm sure you'll come up with an example on why it's a different situation.  You always do, to save face)

but whatever, some people just want to find someone to complain about on the phillies...myers is getting his crap back together, howard is playing better, chase utley seems immune from criticism, so i guess shane is next?

Seriously, this is coming from you?  You're complaining about being people being overly negative?

I'm not saying Shane blows and needs to go, but I am saying that Shane seems to make a lot of mistakes on the base paths.  I guess that's no longer allowed.  I will make sure not to say anything negative anymore around jemagee.

kumbaya

jemagee

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »
This dodgers series is just distressing

And Joe Blanton shows his true colors

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2008, 01:18:38 AM »
Nothing like the Pads to cure what ails a team.  :D

jemagee

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2008, 08:59:37 AM »
Except when, you know, it doesn't.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2008, 02:57:11 PM »
Cured their 7 of 10 including a 4 straight losing streak.

As for "curing" their season, the Phils do not play the Pads 162 times.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »
hey Phillies,
I see where Jim Thome just went yard again to give the White Sox a walk off win.
You can pen him in for 35/100 after he left the Phillies.
In retrospect, what is your take on the trade for Aaron Rowand and ????  Did Philly get enough for him?

jemagee

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »
Did the DH suddenly get instituted in the National League?
Did Ryan Howard suck the past few years and produce less than Jim Thome at a much more affordable rate?
Did Aaron Rowand play well for the phillies and get some nice FA compensation when the giants GROSSLY over paid him?

The Jim Thome signing was a mistake when it happened because the phillies weren't close to competing (and it required the addition of david bell)...the phillies did a fine job shedding him.

Phillies minor league pitching development is piss poor, at best...

In retrospect, the GM at the time was a moron and made probably one of the best trades of his career.

If you really want to bait people, question the abreu lidle trade in which the phillies got jack fracked and didn't spend the one year savings money on anything worth noting.

Or talk about gavin floyd and how suddenly away from the horrible minor league pitching developers the phils have he's blossomed pretty well.