Author Topic: Kobe's shoulder wouldn't get injured  (Read 7131 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe's shoulder wouldn't get injured
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2004, 05:13:25 PM »
Lets be real here guys, while Kobe had a horrible game (I saw the Ghost of Bowen lurking), when does he ever shoot that bad in back to back games?  I think he figured he would eventually heat up.  He normally does so its not silly for him to think that.  

Sunday Bowen + Spurs great team defense got the best of him.  Last night he just plain stunk it up.  Last nights loss was not because of Kobe tho.  The blame should be placed on the defense.  LOL @ Kobe being called a ball hog cancer.  I smell jealousy in the air.

I do find it funny that a Kings fan is complaning about bogus charge calls and balls that get stripped with no foul called. :lol:
Interesting stats -- Bowen vs. Kobe this year:

November 6th - 16 for 29 for 55% and 37 points
November 28th - 6 for 13 for 46% and 17 points
December 3rd - 6 for 20 for 30% and 21 points
April 4th - 9 for 26 for 35% and 28 points

Kobe's FG% for the year -- 44%
Kobe's FG% against Bowen -- 42%

Offline Dromedarius

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2004, 05:48:45 PM »
The Kings were 1st in FG% allowed and 1st in 3 pt defense last year, so this team CAN play defense, they just have chosen not to. In the playoffs, they will stiffen up. I'd be more worried about Shaq's knee and Gary Payton's inability to guard a paper bag. If anyone's reputation has far exceeded reality it is Payton's so-called defense. He hasn't played solid defense in almost three years.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2004, 05:56:15 PM »
The Kings were 1st in FG% allowed and 1st in 3 pt defense last year, so this team CAN play defense, they just have chosen not to. In the playoffs, they will stiffen up. I'd be more worried about Shaq's knee and Gary Payton's inability to guard a paper bag. If anyone's reputation has far exceeded reality it is Payton's so-called defense. He hasn't played solid defense in almost three years.
I guess you missed GP's defense against Bibby in their last game?  GP certainly isn't quite the defender he used to be -- has difficulties with really quick point guards (Parker, Hudson, etc.) -- thankfully, he doesn't have to worry about that in Bibby -- perhaps Bobby Jackson but not Bibby.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2004, 06:17:27 PM »
I'm curious where last year has ANYTHING to do with this year? Where is the delusion coming from that they can just turn up the defensive pressure when they haven't played it all year? I guess Adlebrain will just "integrate it" like he has Webber. What an incredibly blind and pathetic excuse to say:

"this team CAN play defense, they just have chosen not to."

Do you hear yourself? They have chosen not to? WHAT TEAM CHOOSES NOT TO??!?! How about a team that can't?

You seem to be more interested in LA than Sacramento, I guess maybe it's smart for you to worry about LA, if I were a Kings fan, I'd be worried sick about LA.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 06:18:27 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2004, 06:25:25 PM »
so this team CAN play defense, they just have chosen not to.
You need to read this line over and over again before thinking about posting some critique about the Lakers defense.

The Kings lost Clark, Pollard, Jackson and Hedo. While they were not defensive icons, they were good and in regards to Jackson and Clark they were excellent in the Kings team defense.  The only guy that is capable of playing solid D now is Christie and Brand.  Vlade is on his last legs and Webber is on one leg.  There are 10X more problems with the Kings defense than the Lakers.  IMO they will not get out of the second round this year.  At this point the Lakers, Spurs and Minny look like definate Kings killers, even the Mavs look like they can take out the Kings.

Must suck to be a Kings fan and come so close two years ago only to see the prize get further and further out of reach each year since then.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2004, 06:43:10 PM »
Getting back to Kobe, he just had a bad shooting night.  He missed a ton of floaters and "chippies" that he usually knocks down.  I used to be very critical of Kobe's shot selection, but I've come around 180 degrees.  In my mind, I want Kobe shooting the ball as much as possible.  He is without a doubt the most skilled player in the game today and I'll take the occasionally crappy shooting % for all of the other good that he does night in and night out on BOTH ends of the floor.  Nobody wants to win more than he does and nobody works harder and shows up more than he does.  Shaq is lazy on both ends of the floor and despite his high shooting percentage, his unwillingness to rebound and play tenacious D EVERY night loses us way more games than Kobe shooting 30%.  A perfect example of this phenomina was Karl Malone's game a couple of weeks ago in the victory against Minnesota.  Looking at the box score, Karl was 1-9 from the field, but I was at the game and he was the absolute reason the Lakers won.  His hustle for loose balls, rebounding and passing were critical to the outcome and more than offset his horrible shooting night.  Shaq's laziness on the screen and roll and on D in general were more of a factor in the two recent losses than Kobe's shooting %.  Defense is this teams achillies heal, not offense.  

Keep shooting Kobe.  Jack it up from half court with 20 seconds left on the 24 ... I don't care.  This is one Laker fan who is not going to rake you over the coals after every bad shooting night.  

Offline Dromedarius

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2004, 09:14:52 PM »
In my mind, I want Kobe shooting the ball as much as possible.

Me, too!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2004, 10:04:22 AM »
Getting back to Kobe, he just had a bad shooting night.  He missed a ton of floaters and "chippies" that he usually knocks down.  I used to be very critical of Kobe's shot selection, but I've come around 180 degrees.  In my mind, I want Kobe shooting the ball as much as possible.  He is without a doubt the most skilled player in the game today and I'll take the occasionally crappy shooting % for all of the other good that he does night in and night out on BOTH ends of the floor.  Nobody wants to win more than he does and nobody works harder and shows up more than he does.  Shaq is lazy on both ends of the floor and despite his high shooting percentage, his unwillingness to rebound and play tenacious D EVERY night loses us way more games than Kobe shooting 30%.  A perfect example of this phenomina was Karl Malone's game a couple of weeks ago in the victory against Minnesota.  Looking at the box score, Karl was 1-9 from the field, but I was at the game and he was the absolute reason the Lakers won.  His hustle for loose balls, rebounding and passing were critical to the outcome and more than offset his horrible shooting night.  Shaq's laziness on the screen and roll and on D in general were more of a factor in the two recent losses than Kobe's shooting %.  Defense is this teams achillies heal, not offense.  

Keep shooting Kobe.  Jack it up from half court with 20 seconds left on the 24 ... I don't care.  This is one Laker fan who is not going to rake you over the coals after every bad shooting night.
Did you see the comments made by Darius Miles after the game?  He said that Kobe just had a bad game and normally averages around 35 points against him -- and he was sure that Kobe would make it up in the next game.

jn

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2004, 10:13:23 AM »
I don't want to get too tangled up in this, (even though I started the thread :D ) but who cares what Darius Miles thinks?   :blink:

My point was simply that Kobe taking DOUBLE the shots of Shaq is not a good thing.  Obviously I'm not saying Kobe isn't capable of carrying a team but that seems ridiculous.  The shoulder part was just a little joke.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2004, 10:31:16 AM »
Getting back to Kobe, he just had a bad shooting night.  He missed a ton of floaters and "chippies" that he usually knocks down.  I used to be very critical of Kobe's shot selection, but I've come around 180 degrees.  In my mind, I want Kobe shooting the ball as much as possible.  He is without a doubt the most skilled player in the game today and I'll take the occasionally crappy shooting % for all of the other good that he does night in and night out on BOTH ends of the floor.  Nobody wants to win more than he does and nobody works harder and shows up more than he does.  Shaq is lazy on both ends of the floor and despite his high shooting percentage, his unwillingness to rebound and play tenacious D EVERY night loses us way more games than Kobe shooting 30%.  A perfect example of this phenomina was Karl Malone's game a couple of weeks ago in the victory against Minnesota.  Looking at the box score, Karl was 1-9 from the field, but I was at the game and he was the absolute reason the Lakers won.  His hustle for loose balls, rebounding and passing were critical to the outcome and more than offset his horrible shooting night.  Shaq's laziness on the screen and roll and on D in general were more of a factor in the two recent losses than Kobe's shooting %.  Defense is this teams achillies heal, not offense. 

Keep shooting Kobe.  Jack it up from half court with 20 seconds left on the 24 ... I don't care.  This is one Laker fan who is not going to rake you over the coals after every bad shooting night.
Did you see the comments made by Darius Miles after the game?  He said that Kobe just had a bad game and normally averages around 35 points against him -- and he was sure that Kobe would make it up in the next game.
Sorry, that was me again -- I don't log in automatically from home.   :unsure:  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2004, 10:32:37 AM »
I don't want to get too tangled up in this, (even though I started the thread :D ) but who cares what Darius Miles thinks?   :blink:

My point was simply that Kobe taking DOUBLE the shots of Shaq is not a good thing.  Obviously I'm not saying Kobe isn't capable of carrying a team but that seems ridiculous.  The shoulder part was just a little joke.
The shoulder part was just a little joke.

When are you going to understand that you aren't funny?  And put that 2x4 down!  :o  

jn

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2004, 10:35:51 AM »
My Mom laughs at my jokes.  :unsure:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2004, 11:54:49 AM »
My Mom laughs at my jokes

Does she start laughing as soon as you show up? I would suggest changing your hair style if that were the case.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jn

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2004, 12:16:24 PM »
Yes, and sometimes she doesn't even wait to see me.  Sometimes she just calls me up to laugh at the sound of my voice.  Isn't that sweet?  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2004, 12:19:15 PM »
Yes, and sometimes she doesn't even wait to see me.  Sometimes she just calls me up to laugh at the sound of my voice.  Isn't that sweet?
She laughs at your hair because she remembers when she use to send you to school with that really bad fantastic sams bowl cut knock off on purpose that she "hooked up" in the kitchen.

Oh wait......Im speaking from personal expierence  :(
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 12:19:47 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com