Author Topic: Kobe's shoulder wouldn't get injured  (Read 7133 times)

jn

Kobe's shoulder wouldn't get injured
« on: April 07, 2004, 12:08:14 AM »
if he wasn't alway stupidly trying to carry the Lakers.  :D  

23 shots to 11 for Shaq tonight and 0 for 6 from three.  I imagine Laker Fan is tipping a Bushmill's, neat, right about  now.

Congrats ziggy.  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 12:11:24 AM »
A couple of glasses in fact. That was a terrible game! Kobe can really tick me off sometimes.

Congrats Ziggy, you guys needed the win worse than we did, still.... :angry:  
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 12:16:56 AM »
I guess I shouldn't be too upset I missed the game because of work?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 08:21:02 AM »
ZIGGY is having a VERY GOOD DAY!  Shocking, 11 in a row, then to derail, losing to the Sheedless JailBlazers. Nice job by Mighty Mouse though. Speed kills the Lakers, Payton isn't as fast as he used to be.
Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 08:37:50 AM »
And once again, Kobe throwing up 23 attempts and only makig 5 of them lead yet again to your downfall.  Get rid of this ballhog cancer out of your lockerroom Phil.
Paul

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 10:48:24 AM »
``It was just one of those nights,'' Bryant said. ``The ball was slipping through our hands. We were missing a lot of easy shots. We just have to put this behind us.''

"WE"?????

Fox missed 2 of 6 shots
Malone and George both missed 5 if 9
O'Neal missed 4 of 11
Payton missed 8 of 12, (bad, Gary, bad!!)

And Kobe, who spells "TEAM" T(I)EM?? Why, he only missed 18 of 23 shots. He missed two more shots then the first four Lakers listed combined while taking 12 fewer shots.

I know Kobe is a great admirer of Chris Webber, but honestly, to brick up his own house like that takes admiration to a whole new level.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 10:58:07 AM »
The one trip down the floor where the Flamers kept getting the offensive rebound.
Kobme shot and missed 3Xs.

What is the record for misses by one player on one possession?  I'm sure with big men under the hoop shooting and getting their own rebound that 3xs has been done lots of times before.  Has anyone seen 4Xs?

And the Mailwimps glares when he doesnt get his accustomed pamper calls.   :lol:
He actually got burned on a call when Zack backed into him.

Props to the Blazers.  Their record vs top 4 this past month and a half is superb.
Deal with Texas twice now.

jn

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 11:05:29 AM »
I don't know the exact number for the most misses on one posession but I'm willing to bet Moses Malone holds it.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 11:06:42 AM »
My money's on Dominique.

I don't know the exact number for the most misses on one posession but I'm willing to bet Moses Malone holds it.
Paul

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 11:31:50 AM »
Technically it is not one possession.  An offensive rebound resets the shot clock and is considered a new possession.

But in the spirit of the question....I would guess some big man who tips the ball four or five times before getting the basket or losing the rebound to the opposition.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Dromedarius

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 11:56:05 AM »
Odd. As a Kings' fan, I would never state, nor be allowed to, that Peja's injury two years ago and Webber's injury last year affected the Kings chances in the playoffs. I'd be told injuries were part of the game, and I'd agree with it, unless it happened to be my fantasy team being hurt all year long...Anyway, Kobe's shoulder is now an excuse? I think he hurts his shoulder from all the shooting he does. He kills the Laker's "offense". That, and the Lakers won't belittle themselves to play defense.

For all the talk about the Kings' defensive woes, nobody talks about how bad the Lakers are on defense. They usually have to rely on bogus charge calls and no calls on muggings when the ball is stripped. Also, Webber is playing his way back from injury, and the Kings have been missing an All-Star and the Sixth Man of the Year, but alas, once again I forgot injuries only count when talking about the mighty Lakers. :unsure:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 01:27:10 PM »
Well, hi Drom. Nice of you to drop in on my "other" board.

I don't think jn, who is NOT a Laker fan, would argue about Kobe's shoulder injury being a justifiable excuse for any failing on the part of that LA team. More to the point was the blurb in the paper today about Shaq's tendinitis flairing up again, causing him to possibly be 'dragging an achy knee' into the playoffs, as the paper put it. After a burst of activity on the part of the Big Blubber, now he is being referred to by Phil Jackson as suffering "a little setback" regarding his energy on the court.

Just in case anyone thought the zen philosophy was only intended to make non-LakerNationites think about them.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 01:35:09 PM »
For all the talk about the Kings' defensive woes, nobody talks about how bad the Lakers are on defense. They usually have to rely on bogus charge calls and no calls on muggings when the ball is stripped. Also, Webber is playing his way back from injury, and the Kings have been missing an All-Star and the Sixth Man of the Year, but alas, once again I forgot injuries only count when talking about the mighty Lakers. :unsure:
I hear ya on that one Drom.  The Spurs lose the 2 time MVP and "have no excuse" for losing games.  And then follow this up with an article that the Spurs have no depth.

IMO I would find it amazing for any team to lose the defending 2 time MVP, be judged to have no depth and still win half their games.  Instead our Laker brethern call it all just excuses....and poor excuses at that.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 02:46:47 PM »
Lets be real here guys, while Kobe had a horrible game (I saw the Ghost of Bowen lurking), when does he ever shoot that bad in back to back games?  I think he figured he would eventually heat up.  He normally does so its not silly for him to think that.  

Sunday Bowen + Spurs great team defense got the best of him.  Last night he just plain stunk it up.  Last nights loss was not because of Kobe tho.  The blame should be placed on the defense.  LOL @ Kobe being called a ball hog cancer.  I smell jealousy in the air.

I do find it funny that a Kings fan is complaning about bogus charge calls and balls that get stripped with no foul called. :lol:  
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 02:50:51 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 04:54:52 PM »
Give me a break Dro something or other! Are you are going to tell me that a Lakers team that has been injured most of the year and still managed to stay middle of the pack defensively compares to the absolutely non-existant defense the Kings play that has had them mired in the basement near dead last and try to blame it on the way LA plays?!?! At least JoMal isn't so silly as to suggest something that ridiculous. There is no question the Kings defense, like the lowly Clippers, Phoenix, Orlando playing defense just below them, stinks, you can't spin it any other way, in fact, Sacramento has dropped to 28th out of umm, let's see, 29 teams over their last 10 games. LA on the other hand, season to date is 15th and over their last 10 sit at 8th. Seems to me, LA suffers lapses in defense, Sacramento would have to play defense to even suffer a lapse, don't you think?

Your boys right now are allowing more points than they score, and seeing as they've only played LA once over the last 10 games, you can hardly blame the "mighty Lakers" on this late season meltdown. If I were you, I would be more worried about the fact that LA is knocking on the door and has been in the thick of it all season long, despite the "inexcusable injuries". What a stretch your last post was, are you sure you're not some secret bandwagon fan here that until just recently has been riding the Spurs wagon?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 04:55:48 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan