Author Topic: Farve  (Read 10708 times)

jemagee

Re: Farve
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2008, 12:28:04 PM »
Altho he may currently be Dr Phil and Oprah material, Favre holds the record at 253 starts and counting.  ;)

One hard hit ending Favres season vs a mid to late 1st round pick making much of an impact?  I'll take Favre if I'm Tampa Bay, Jets, Chi or MN.  No doubt.
Let's see, until this morning, all reports indicated Favre already turned down opportunities to play in tampa and new york, you don't trade for a guy who doesn't want to be there, and the packers are hesitant to trade a guy within their own division cause they will get lambasted if either team is successful, more so than say if he went to the jets.

Maybe you wait longer and wait for a quarterback on another team to (inevitable) get injured, or you call the raiders, cause all davis is a moron...this isn't something done quickly by either side if they want to do it smartly in my opinion

jemagee

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2008, 10:49:39 PM »
So now he ends up being a jet :)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2008, 11:33:41 PM »
Just to be clear on this, Favre has the starting record for quarterbacks.  The overall record is now, sadly, held by punter Jeff Feagles.

The TRUE iron man is the man passed by Feagles.  Jim Marshall of the Vikings who played in 283 consecutive games as defensive end. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

jemagee

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2008, 08:42:30 AM »
If Favre starts the first game for the jets why doesn't his record continue?

Maybe Favre can be like Ripken and continue his streak at the cost of his team?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2008, 09:13:07 AM »
Reality, I hope some day I get a chance to negotiate with you, i love your strategy, for your opponents

If Brett Favre can learn an NFL offense, it really can't be too difficult to learn in general, a week here or there won't make a huge difference, the packers have screwed the pooch from the beginning, so no team is going to offer a first pick as their first offer unless they have to, that's just a silly negotiation tactic..........Let's see, until this morning, all reports indicated Favre already turned down opportunities to play in tampa and new york
You're fitting in quite nicely here.

"According to the NFL Network, if Favre takes 50 percent of total snaps with the Jets in 2008, the fourth-rounder becomes a third-round pick. If he gets 70 percent of the snaps and the Jets make the playoffs, it becomes a second-round pick; and if he gets 80 percent of snaps and the Jets make the Super Bowl, it becomes a first-round pick."

No, i don't think the Jets will make the SuperBowl.  But a 3rd round pick is a certainty.  Also, Favre will certainly take at least 70% of the snaps and in the AFC Least who knows if he can get them a Wildcard playoff spot hence a 2nd round pick.

jemagee

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »
Yet you're the one who just said they should offer up first round picks and/or a starter right away, do you see the difference?

Is your screen name meant to be ironical?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2008, 09:51:19 AM »
Not at all.  I do think Tampa Bay should have absolutely offered up a 1st.
There are all kinds of "starters" in the NFL that are on the way down, quickly.  That is what I meant by "starter", like i said not an impact player.

Jeff Garcia has done very well the past several seasons but is too injury prone.

jemagee
Yet you're the one who just said they should offer up first round picks and/or a starter right away, do you see the difference?

I certainly do.  Like i said, you are fitting in nicely.
Reality
I would think they would give up a 1st or even a decent starter.

jemagee

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »
And what did the jets give up again, like i said, you'd be a great negotiator for your opponents.

Argue the small extra word, miss the larger point that you were so far out of your mind it's beyond comprehension...no wonder derek likes you

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2008, 10:11:33 AM »
Exact quotes.
A Twisters worst enemy.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2008, 10:20:14 AM »
And what did the jets give up again, like i said, you'd be a great negotiator for your opponents. 
What the Jets gave up hasn't been decided yet.  Thus it's called a "conditional" pick that will be determined at seasons end.

And who got screwed over here?  I like the conditional terms for both GB and NY.
I do think the "SuperBowl appearance" to get #1 is farfetched and unfair.   If Favre and the Jets make the Bowl, NY should have to cough up two or three #1s.

jemagee

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2008, 11:46:32 AM »
Again, your grasp of the NFL seems less than your grasp on your screen name, which is astonishing.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2008, 02:15:07 PM »
10/10 weak scale comeback.  Address the issues or bail.
You have become a member of FRAN*
Congratulations.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2008, 04:36:41 PM »
Congratulations.

Freakin
Reality
Always-spews
Nonsense

Welcome to the club jemagee, our membership includes the entire board minus one.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2008, 04:43:55 PM »
Congratulations.

You mean the issue where you were fracking out of your mind claiming teams should immediately pony up a first rounder for berett favre

Or the fact that you have no grasp of reality?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2008, 05:30:29 PM »
Congratulations.

Freakin
Reality
Always-spews
Nonsense

Welcome to the club jemagee, our membership includes the entire board minus one. 
Our like my fans like to say:
Fabulous
Reality
Always
Refutes bullcrap

jemagoo Well....see....that's just stupid...if the jets and bucs KNOW that Favre won't play for them, why the hell would either team offer up any trade assets for him...if a player says he won't play for those teams, he won't get traded to them, it's not the NBA...contracts aren't guaranteed, the Pack can release him if they have to they'd just rather get some assets back for him.
oh those pesky exact quotes ^^^
"The Jets KNOW that Favre won't play for them" 

You mean the issue where you were fracking out of your mind claiming teams should immediately pony up a first rounder for berett favre
Depends on who you are pulling for.  Tampa Bay, Jets, or Baltimore etc.
The Jets got over, and in that respect i will say i agree with you in part on the "waiting" aspect.  By their waiting, they avoided giving Green Bay a sure 1st R pick.  Most likey 3rd with a decent shot at giving up a 2nd R in the deal.  In order for GB to get a 1st rounder from the Jets it would take the Jets getting into the Bowl behind Farve?  What a robbery.  The Bowl with Farve taking 80% of the snaps along the way should have been 3 1st rounders for the Pack.  Waiting benefitted the Jets.

However, if you are Tampa Bay, Balti and perhaps some other teams, offering up a 1st rounder for Favre before the Jets snagged him may in retrospect in Feb 2009 be by far the right thing to have done.  If Jeff Garcia holds up, and he's been very good the past two years, well good for Tampa.  But if he gets injured again and/or they tank to .500 while the Broadway Farve Jets make the playoffs, bad bad move for Tampa.  Ditto Baltimore.

We'll check back later to see how Balti, Tampa and other teams 2009 1st round pick does compared to Favre this season.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 05:51:17 PM by Reality »