Author Topic: Farve  (Read 10700 times)

jemagee

Re: Farve
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »
Well....see....that's just stupid...if the jets and bucs KNOW that Favre won't play for them, why the hell would either team offer up any trade assets for him...if a player says he won't play for those teams, he won't get traded to them, it's not the NBA...contracts aren't guaranteed, the Pack can release him if they have to they'd just rather get some assets back for him.

Favre is the one making this more diffiicult thinking of HIMSELF instead of the team, but everyones praising the recovering drug addict for it....

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 09:37:19 AM »
Now i really want to pull for Aaron Rodgers.

jemagee

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 10:11:14 AM »
I actually want Favre to end up back on the packers and have the packers stick to their guns, cause seeing the packers be a mess is fun...darn cheese heads

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 05:25:06 PM »
Now i really want to pull for Aaron Rodgers.

Me too.  I was backing Farve for a minute because I've liked him as a player and thought he showed a lot of guts last year....but within the past few weeks I've changed my mind.  He is a media whore, hes being a baby, and really I want to see the Packers move on (and do better with out him)

Seriously he is like 90 years old in football years yet he is running around turning down teams as if he is still a young buck.  At this point he should be happy to play ANYWHERE as a starter.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 09:03:56 AM »
So now it is starting to look like Favre will take the 20 million to go away

So really Brett, it wasn't about playing football but money?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »
As a Vikings fan my most important contribution is this.

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!  Die Pack, Die!!!!!!

Seriously though.  This is just insane.  Right now I'm reveling in the Pack fans pain.  Their golden boy has completley stabbed them in the back.  The fact that he apparently wants to play for MN is, well..... I can't even begin to describe  how high my level of Schaudenfreude (sp?) is. 

I'm hoping to go up to Duluth for the opening game of the season between the Vikes and Packers.  My buddy up there wants to cross over into nearby by Superior WI and hit one of the many, many dive bars.  There we can watch the grossly overweight, semi-literate, gas huffing 'Sconies rant and weep in to their crappy beer.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

jemagee

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 10:29:07 AM »
Actaully since the Vikings were one of two teams favre thought he could help win, i'd be irritated, cause as much praise as the vikings get they really can't make a super bowl run without an exponential improvement in their starting QB

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2008, 10:46:55 AM »
Thank goodness the Pack finally took a stance against Golden Boy.

While it seems no way they would trade him to Chicago or MN, would not MN or Chi offer wayy more then a 4th rd pick?  I would think they would give up a 1st or even a decent starter.  Favre could make or break MN or Chicagos season.

I don't get the low or no trade offers for Favre.

jemagee

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2008, 11:19:02 AM »
I don't understand why you don't get them.

The packers have made it clear that they don't want favre on their team, therefore they have eliminated ALL their bargaining position...they HAVE to get rid of him...so they can release him and some team can sign him for free or they can take the best available offer, but why in gods name does anyone offer a first round pick or a STARTER for a guy they know is going to get moved, you start low...and then you negotiate...i would have thought it would be rather simple...much like when the sixers thought about trading iverson and their owner went on national tv and said iverson would never play for the sixers again, whoops.

It doesn't matter that it's brett favre the most over rated over praised gun slinging drug addict to ever play the game who at age 39 is more likely to repeat 2005 or 2006 as opposed to 2007...the packers have no leverage.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2008, 11:38:12 AM »
Training camp has began.  I would think Favre suiters would want him in camp from as close to Day 1 as possible.

If your team has virtually all the pieces except a QB, why not go ahead and give up a 1st rounder for golden boy?  Ie Chicago.  What good has it done them to have a kick ass D when their QB Grossman keeps turning it over?

Do you really think that 1st rounder is going to rock Chicago (or MN, or Tampa Bays) world in 2009 and beyond?  Golden Boi, while I agree is overated, is still arguably a top 10 QB.  Certainly was last season.  Name me 10 better.

Plus we all know the NFL is a business.  Golden Boi on a roster is going to fill seats, initially at the least.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »
He's going to Tampa Bay.

Favre, who turns 39 in October, is the NFL?s all-time leader in wins by a starting quarterback, touchdown passes and passing yardage. He is considered to be a certain first-ballot Hall of Famer who would become the crown jewel in Gruden?s quarterback collection.

The deal would reunite Gruden and Favre, who worked together in Green Bay in 1992-93 when Gruden was a receivers coach on then-Packers coach Mike Homgren?s staff. When the Packers acquired Favre in a trade from Atlanta, Gruden picked Favre up at the airport.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 12:06:07 PM »
Ah, yes, the GREAT FARVE CONTROVERSY of 2008. Bret has truly motivated me every time I watch ESPN these days. To turn on Nickelodeon, A&E, the Soap Opera Channel, Lifetime - anything that completely takes away the thought about the GREAT FARVE CONTROVERSY of 2008.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »
Training camp has began.  I would think Favre suiters would want him in camp from as close to Day 1 as possible.

If your team has virtually all the pieces except a QB, why not go ahead and give up a 1st rounder for golden boy?  Ie Chicago.  What good has it done them to have a kick ass D when their QB Grossman keeps turning it over?

Do you really think that 1st rounder is going to rock Chicago (or MN, or Tampa Bays) world in 2009 and beyond?  Golden Boi, while I agree is overated, is still arguably a top 10 QB.  Certainly was last season.  Name me 10 better.

Plus we all know the NFL is a business.  Golden Boi on a roster is going to fill seats, initially at the least.

I can't name 10 better but the thing is that it's still a gamble with his age.  One hard hit and his body could easily say 'I'm done' just like that.  Could a first rounder rock Chicago? Maybe.  You never know. 

JoMaL..I am so with you on that.  The story reminds me of a bad teenage break up between a boy and girl.  The boy being The Packers and the girl being Farve of course.  The whole "why don't you want to get back with me" attitude is too much like a 16 year old girl to deny here....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2008, 12:23:26 PM »
Altho he may currently be Dr Phil and Oprah material, Favre holds the record at 253 starts and counting.  ;)

One hard hit ending Favres season vs a mid to late 1st round pick making much of an impact?  I'll take Favre if I'm Tampa Bay, Jets, Chi or MN.  No doubt.

jemagee

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2008, 12:26:13 PM »
Reality, I hope some day I get a chance to negotiate with you, i love your strategy, for your opponents

If Brett Favre can learn an NFL offense, it really can't be too difficult to learn in general, a week here or there won't make a huge difference, the packers have screwed the pooch from the beginning, so no team is going to offer a first pick as their first offer unless they have to, that's just a silly negotiation tactic