Author Topic: Farve  (Read 10719 times)

jemagee

Re: Farve
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
See, I don't buy that inter division (or conference) thing in the NBA depending on your direction...maybe in the NFL where you play twice per year and it's 12.5% of your schedule, but in the NBA, divisional games (4) accounts for slightly less than 5% of your schedule, some conference opponents you only play twice per year so you are down to 2.5 percent of your schedule.

I think a lot of other factors come in too (consider the knicks and zach randolph for instance) depending on the player, but i don't believe in the blanket 'don't trade' things, because you are limiting your options, if you say no conference, you cut out slightly less than half your trading partners...and with a brett favre, who is only playing for one year, if it's a crap team in your conference, who cares if you trade him to them if they get the best deal you might not even play them this year

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »
I would ammend it to do not trade intradivisional to do not trade to potential intra playoff opponent.
NBA for example the bottom 8 per conf do not make the playoffs.

I'm not married to the "no-intra" either, but the Vikings are definitely on the way up with Adrian Peterson etc.
No way i would give them Favre who would be itching to get the media hype that came with his beating Green Bay.

The Knicks and Randolph, while getting a "what is New York thinking" response.
What are the Clippers thinking?  Not that Randolph is all that bad, but for 3 more years?  No way.

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 04:58:13 PM »
I think the packers would take a bad trade for favre rather than release him and run the risk of him going to the vikings, who many people think of as a sexy super bowl pick, but no way they get there with their current QB in my belief...Favre for one year would obviously imprve their odds iimmsenely

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 10:47:27 AM »
Come to think of it, San Francisco could use a drama queen.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »
Come to think of it, San Francisco could use a drama queen.

That's like saying milwaukee could use an alcoholic

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 11:19:11 AM »
Or Philly could use Santa Claus
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »
Or Philly could use Santa Claus

Or atlanta could use uncaring fans

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 09:07:40 AM »
Is Favre going on Dr Phil and Oprah?

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 09:08:34 AM »
Porbably more like Rush and the 'factor'

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 11:31:20 AM »
apparantly you missed his just going on with Greta Van Susteren.

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 12:14:25 PM »
apparantly you missed his just going on with Greta Van Susteren.

Nope, caught the highlights (in that i heard it mentioned but changed the channel before i relaly saw anything, cause favre i hate and greta frightens me) so i was going with the "FOX" theme...i mean seroiusly, what the hell is that interview doing on fox news?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 01:34:54 AM »
I had given this story a rest, but now i read the Pack is offering Favre major jack to not play?

Good heavens.  20 million dollars?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3511028

Are the Packers getting no offers for him?

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 08:45:53 AM »
I had given this story a rest, but now i read the Pack is offering Favre major jack to not play?

Good heavens.  20 million dollars?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3511028

Are the Packers getting no offers for him?

No, they are getting offers, Favre is refusing...two teams, the bucs and jets have spoken to the pack about Favre but he refuses to consider playing for them, it seems Favre will only agree to be traded to team in the packers own division which obviously the packers don't want to do.

The packers are being held hostage by favre who every time he speaks looks like a bigger jack ass to me.

If he really wanted to play he'd play for the packers as the packers decided...because that's what 'team guys' do right? 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 09:15:28 AM »
So let him "refuse" and trade him anyways.

Or does the NFL have that 5/10 veto deal like MLB has?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 09:18:59 AM »