Author Topic: Sixers get Brand... Now What?  (Read 27797 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Sixers get Brand... Now What?
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2008, 01:27:04 PM »
It was a rumor on WIP this morning I believe...i'm willing to bet they made it up

Probably. 

Too bad it's not real though.  In looking at the numbers, it wouldn't be a bad trade: Carroll's contract is setup to get cheaper as it goes, so it'd free up some additional cap room next year for us as well.  We're already not going to be in the 2010 free agent race, so...

The problem with Carroll is that he's really not that good.  He shoots a decent percentage with threes, but watching him last year it was apparent that he has difficulty getting open and has an average release at best, plus he's not much of an athlete or defender.  The diminishing contract numbers is a positive I did not know about, but like WG he is not a guy you want on a multi-year deal.  If his number of years matched Evans it might be a different story.  We can do better with acquiring shooters next year and can get by with some fringe guys and seeing how well the young guys shoot this year.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2008, 01:32:23 PM »
Evans does seem like a perfect fit with Larry Brown. I mean, he rebounds the ball, plays D, has no offensive game, and probably wants to go home at night and "smell" Larry Brown's kids.

Win-win for everyone.

jemagee

« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »
Let's do a S&T - sixers get okafor and carroll and the bobcats get Dalembert and Evans

Okafor starts at center

He can do that right?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »
Let's do a S&T - sixers get okafor and carroll and the bobcats get Dalembert and Evans

Okafor starts at center

He can do that right?

If that happened, I think Stefanski should have a jeweler at the press conference to announce Okafor and Carroll as Sixers along with their ring sizes since that would most certainly make us the favorites to win the title.

The thought of Brand and Okafor occupying the paint is just awesome. Who needs shooters when you have those two cleaning the glass??
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:41:03 PM by TheGuiltyParty »

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2008, 01:38:49 PM »
I like it. Sign me up

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
Who knows.  Throw the 2009 Sixers first and T'Wolves second at them and maybe they bite?  No?  Damn.

jemagee

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2008, 01:42:38 PM »
Keep in mind that Larry Brown is in Charlotte now and we all know he's running the show...was he a dalembert fan when he was here?  Does he hate ookafor for reasons that aren't rational?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2008, 01:45:39 PM »
Who knows, Sam is only 18 monts younger than Okafor and would be cheaper...

Unfortunatly, Brown would not be enticed by the picks.  i hear he hates having draft pick- those kids just never listen, and he's off coaching elsewhere by the time they start to be good players.

He won't want the 1st round pick, but I think we work in a sign and trade of Ollie and he might bite :P

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2008, 01:46:50 PM »
Okafor seems like a Brown player. So does Gerald Wallace and Sean May. Matt Carroll might survive past training camp but I'll be shocked if Adam Morrison is on the Bobcats past November. Felton also seems like he could be moved in the near future as well.

To me, Jason Richardson seems like a Jerry Stackhouse type player and I'm pretty sure LB never dug Stack. If Brown can ever get Michael Jordan off of the golf course, I'm sure the Cats will be wheelin' and dealin' this summer.

jemagee

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2008, 01:48:57 PM »
Do Matt Carroll AND Raymond Felton for evans work?  Cause that gives you a 3rd PG who might blossom into more?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »
It more than works for me but Jordan and Brown can't be THAT dumb... I mean, they just can't!

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2008, 01:52:23 PM »
Just throwing this one out there, not saying I like it or would do it or anything (although I might), just putting something I think is remotely plausible on the table (throw in picks as necessary):

Double S+T of Iggy, Dalembert, and Evans for Okafor, Richardson, Carroll, and Morrison.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »
Why would they do that?

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2008, 01:54:56 PM »
Why would they do that?

...They're the Bobcats?

jemagee

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:22 PM »
Well...If larry brown likes dalembert more than okafor...then they get players they like who fit more into the larry brown way of playing.

Adam Morrison is a giant bust though, don't want him anywhere near the sixers...wouldn't mind richardson okafor and carroll of the bench....and seeing sammy go would be good...not sure i like giving up andre fo it