Author Topic: Board Guidelines/conduct- Now O.T. and Adrift  (Read 45811 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Board Guidelines/conduct
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2008, 03:52:46 PM »
There's just less idiots.

Less posters yes, less Idiots?  I'm not sure.  Has Ricky been banned- I haven't heard from him in a whle.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2008, 03:54:33 PM »
Nah, the board's gone to shit lately, so it's not really all that much better than RealGM anymore.  And yea, Ricky was banned.  Somebody needs to get on DRX though.  Scream actually got on me for attacking him personally too much and not really attacking his posts.  I thought that was pretty funny.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2008, 03:55:15 PM »
Oh ok. The only time I saw it was when somebody linked to it on here....it was not a flattering cross-section

The Jem bashing post brought out the worst of Philafans.  

Plenty of good posters there too- and I invited a bunch here, but I haven't posted there enough to know everyone.  The Sixers board is the ugly stepchild of Philafan, and sometimes goes days without any activity.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2008, 03:55:49 PM »
It gets tough to deal with problem posters when they don't "technically" do anything wrong. You start in on them and then all f the sudden you're a bad guy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »
Oh ok. The only time I saw it was when somebody linked to it on here....it was not a flattering cross-section

The Jem bashing post brought out the worst of Philafans.  

Plenty of good posters there too- and I invited a bunch here, but I haven't posted there enough to know everyone.  The Sixers board is the ugly stepchild of Philafan, and sometimes goes days without any activity.

Oh ok. The philly.com board is unreadable INO

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2008, 03:59:46 PM »

Oh ok. The philly.com board is unreadable INO

Narducci's blog was sometimes interesting, but without threads it was sort of all over the place.  Now my login doesn't work (tktk.)

I rarely go to the Philly.com Sixer's board, to many people drink and post there.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »

That was my link showing the damage RickyP was doing over there.  He was an ex-RealGM poster who migrated there and is now an ex-PhilaPhans poster.  PhilaPhans has less  posters overall since the Sixers forum is the forgotten child behind the Phillies and Eagles forums.  There are a number of obnoxious posters on there now, but they usually post in batches and then go away for a while.  Good posters don't get drowned out on Philaphans like they do on RealGM.  The traffic is very slow at times with the lower number of committed basketball posters.  The Phillies side of the Board has an "in-crowd" mentality and lots of flame wars that sometimes spill over to the Sixers side.

RealGM has much more basketball talk and more passion, but as noted, a whole ton of trolls and/or immature posters.  Hopefully this place has the best of both and conversely avoids the worst in them at the same time.  The news travels faster on RealGM than on Philaphans, but there are a lot more false alarms too.

BTW,tk recruited me over to RealGM and to here, so yeah, he's kind of my pimp.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »

I respectfully disavow myself from that redference, but I hear TGP has a "professional" he visits to get his lines, but to each their own.

...At least I think if was TGP- if not I'm sincerely sorry for the reference.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2008, 04:08:40 PM »

That was my link showing the damage RickyP was doing over there.  He was an ex-RealGM poster who migrated there and is now an ex-PhilaPhans poster.  PhilaPhans has less  posters overall since the Sixers forum is the forgotten child behind the Phillies and Eagles forums.  There are a number of obnoxious posters on there now, but they usually post in batches and then go away for a while.  Good posters don't get drowned out on Philaphans like they do on RealGM.  The traffic is very slow at times with the lower number of committed basketball posters.  The Phillies side of the Board has an "in-crowd" mentality and lots of flame wars that sometimes spill over to the Sixers side.

RealGM has much more basketball talk and more passion, but as noted, a whole ton of trolls and/or immature posters.  Hopefully this place has the best of both and conversely avoids the worst in them at the same time.  The news travels faster on RealGM than on Philaphans, but there are a lot more false alarms too.

Hahaha....yeah I remember Ricky...ALL TOO WELL

Offline Howardmgm3

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2008, 04:10:38 PM »
I am more of a lurker that a poster because I spend so much time administering to the largest forum for dentists on the internet, but I do need my daily sixers fix.   I would check into realgm a couple of times a day.  I have to say that in less than one week, I now go here instead.  90% of the posters that I was actually interested in their opinions are here.  Much better set up and I love "show unread posts since your last visit button"....
I would be careful of an open inivitation over there because you will get the idiots.  Just send personal inivitations to a selected few....
Thanks ....Howard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2008, 04:16:53 PM »
Good stuff....Welcome Howard

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2008, 04:19:48 PM »
Am I the youngest person on the board here?  I'm 19.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2008, 04:20:51 PM »

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »
Am I the youngest person on the board here?  I'm 19.

I think this is more of an older crowd, but I think there are some other collge aged poster here.  You shouldn't have to be 30 to know how not to be asn ass.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »