Author Topic: ESPN Chat Stuff  (Read 50446 times)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ESPN Chat Stuff
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »
They could include Arroyo or Dooling a S+T to make the numbers work I believe.

jemagee

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »
If either were interested in coming here...the magic need a back up point guard themselves.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2008, 12:20:36 PM »
Orlando does have a need for a PF but is Evans that guy?

jemagee

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »
Orlando does have a need for a PF but is Evans that guy?

Well Thorpe (who you dislike we know) said rebounds and defense, probably doesn't need to score much, sounds like perfect reggie evans territory right?  And if otis smith is one of those gms overly impressed (or 'unimpressed') by playoff performance, evans value might never be higher.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2008, 12:34:09 PM »
I took a peek at Thorpe's chat because frankly, I'm addicted to short answers and I say that you once again got a question answered in an ESPN chat.

John (Santa Barbara, CA): Shorter Version - Can Speights develop into a starting Center next to brand?

SportsNation David Thorpe: Really doubt it.

Does that answer satisfy you? Does he doubt it because he thinks Dalembert is going to be the starting center next to Brand for the rest of his career? Does he think Speights flat out won't develop? Does he think Speights can't play the 5? This is why I just love, love, love David Thorpe.

Also of interest... Thorpe has elaborated on his Top 20 Rookies and posted a Top 50, and Speights has come in at #28. I'm not expecting Speights to make a major impact or repeat what Thad did last year (which was fairly major) but I'm not expecting to look at the NBA at the end of the season and say, man... there were 27 rookies better than Speights this season. Right now on the depth chart, it doesn't look like a lot of minutes for Speights but I am expecting Evans to be moved.

jemagee

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »
I had a longer version of the question, he didn't answer it, but yes it satisfies me because it answers my question and i take it to mean he doesn't think speights can be a center in the nba...which sucks

Why should he elaborate on the other questions you are whining about him not answering?  I didn't ask them (for one) and he's made his opinions on what speights can become in the NBA clear in multiple places already...he just doesn't think speights is an nba center..

As for his rookie rankings, did you even read what he wrote?  He sees no minutes for speights and a lot of time in the NBDL (which i don't see since the sixers don't tend to use the NBDL cause they value practice, thorpe values games)...how can a guy be a top 30 rookie if he doesn't play more than 5-10 MPG?  Your opinion differs from Thorpes, but nothing personal, there's a reason people go back to him year after year to work on their game...

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »
wow.....Jem=Thorpe's love child?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2008, 12:49:26 PM »
I had a longer version of the question, he didn't answer it, but yes it satisfies me because it answers my question and i take it to mean he doesn't think speights can be a center in the nba...which sucks

I would be much more interested in hearing WHY he doesn't think he can develop into an NBA center.  You can be right for the wrong reasons.  That, to me, offers very little insight into knowing what kind of player he thinks speights can become.

jemagee

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2008, 12:50:43 PM »
Yeah, dbodner, i see what you're saying, and only if i had covered your concern in my post as well...oh, will you look at that

Why should he elaborate on the other questions you are whining about him not answering?  I didn't ask them (for one) and he's made his opinions on what speights can become in the NBA clear in multiple places already...he just doesn't think speights is an nba center..

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2008, 12:53:14 PM »
Jeeze

jemagee

« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2008, 12:54:49 PM »
Isn't he dead?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »
Yeah, dbodner, i see what you're saying, and only if i had covered your concern in my post as well...oh, will you look at that

I'm just explaining why I don't like the short answers.  I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that.  I will continue to follow the jem-rules.

(btw. I don't think everyone that reads the chat should have to read every article he's ever written.  Maybe that's just me).

jemagee

« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »

I'm just explaining why I don't like the short answers.  I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that.  I will continue to follow the jem-rules.

You call it jem rules, i call it unecessary whining and complaining, why should he bother to repeat things he's already taken the time to write in other places when he has a limited time to answer as many questions as possible...the information you want is already available if you took a couple minutes to find it...I don't see a problem with him not wanting to repeat things he's already written somewhere else...ESPN has a pretty thorough and efficient search function built into their web site

For future reference i will refrain from posting any espn chat information since it doesn't seem to be found at all useful here and just irritates people...should save everyone time

jemagee

« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »

(btw. I don't think everyone that reads the chat should have to read every article he's ever written.  Maybe that's just me).

Wouldn't have to read every article...the longer the answers, the less questions he takes and then people would complain about that...again, why repeat things that anyone can look up in probably about 2 mintues.

My issues with thorpe (and all the ESPN chatters) are when they post the stuff that is basically insulting the chatter (or complimenting them) but has no relevance to the topic of discussion.

KLaws food and book recommendations kind of seem silly too

But like i said, i won't make an issue of it any more...

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2008, 01:00:21 PM »
What if you don't know he's written it? How would you know to look?