Author Topic: ESPN Chat Stuff  (Read 50385 times)

jemagee

Re: ESPN Chat Stuff
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2008, 01:02:38 PM »
What if you don't know he's written it? How would you know to look?

ESPN has a pretty thorough and efficient search function built into their web site

If you don't have insider access to espn that's a different issues, but finding it is pretty simple

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2008, 01:08:19 PM »
Wouldn't have to read every article...the longer the answers, the less questions he takes and then people would complain about that...again, why repeat things that anyone can look up in probably about 2 mintues.

I guess I like quality over quantity. Do you like generic brand cereal? I kid. Seriously... no more Thorpe talk for me.

jemagee

« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2008, 01:10:26 PM »
I was just about to ask you why kept reading the darn things.

Verbosity doesn't equate with quality.

Joe Morgan, Steve Philips, they write a lot of words when they answer chat questions, but they are still fill of idiocy, pablum and useless information.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »
Orlando does have a need for a PF but is Evans that guy?

After watching Orlando last year I thought that Evans would be a great fit for them off the bench.  Their bench bigs are horrid and the last thing they need is is someone else who needs the ball to be effective.  they also need a starting PF, but seem committed to Hedo and Rashard with Pietrus at the Sg spot, so a tornado off the bench in Evans would be useful.  Not really sure they have anything I want though.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2008, 01:18:16 PM »
I was just about to ask you why kept reading the darn things.

I took a peek at Thorpe's chat because frankly, I'm addicted to short answers and I saw that you once again got a question answered in an ESPN chat.

I may not like Thorpe's answers all that much but I'm like a starving fat kid right now that will eat up any hoops talk I can get my hands on right now. Also, just because I don't like his answers, it doesn't mean that I don't respect his job. I'm sure he's a great trainer because, as you said, guys go to him year after year. Ehhh.... why are we going over this again. Let's just drop it and move on...

Hottest girl never to be naked in a movie is.....? :-)

jemagee

« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2008, 01:25:12 PM »
Not anyone named jessica or scarlett, justpersonal preference

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »
I don't know who I think is hot right now. There really hasn't been a break-out hot girl in a movie for a little while now. Hollywood seems to be recycling the same ladies over and over. Oh wait.... that girl from Transformers (Megan Fox).... yeah, I like her.

jemagee

« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2008, 01:35:26 PM »
Maybe Hollywood is focusing on talent these days?

And as long as charlize theorn is still working, i'm a happy camper :)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »
I wouldn't say she's the hottest, but Emma Watson has said she wouldn't mind appearing nude and she's not half-bad.  Then again, she's a lot closer to my age than the rest of you guys.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
I wouldn't say she's the hottest, but Emma Watson has said she wouldn't mind appearing nude and she's not half-bad.  Then again, she's a lot closer to my age than the rest of you guys.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Not need to throw down the age card. Wait, Emma Watson is the girl from Harry Potter, right? Yeah... that's a little creepy. A couple of my friends e-mailed links to some photos and well... I felt the need to burn my clothes and bath in bleach for 4 days straight.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2008, 01:40:56 PM »
I wouldn't say she's the hottest, but Emma Watson has said she wouldn't mind appearing nude and she's not half-bad.  Then again, she's a lot closer to my age than the rest of you guys.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Not need to throw down the age card. Wait, Emma Watson is the girl from Harry Potter, right? Yeah... that's a little creepy. A couple of my friends e-mailed links to some photos and well... I felt the need to burn my clothes and bath in bleach for 4 days straight.

Hi, I'm Chris Hansen.  Take a seat right over there...

jemagee

« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2008, 01:41:50 PM »
She's over 18 by now boys and (girls, if there are any out there, not that there's anything wrong with that)...so it's perfectly legal to lust after her.

And it's better than any of those disney chicks...man i want that company to stop

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2008, 02:48:29 PM »
Well, Chad Ford held his weekly chat today and after reading the following question, I'm pretty sure hell is about to freeze over.

Ryan (Philadelphia): With Elton Brand now on the team, and Marreese Speights their top rookie...shouldn't the Sixers trade Reggie Evans for a shooter ASAP?

SportsNation Chad Ford: They'll try. Not sure there's a big Reggie Evans market right now. They may actually be better off shopping Speights or Jason Smith ... maybe even Louis Williams in a sign and trade. But yes, they need a shooter in the worst way. Would be great if they could find a way to land Ben Gordon.

Wait... Chad Ford just wrote something that I think makes a lot of sense?? I don't love the idea of trading Speights but like many others, if the right offer came along , I'm going to listen.

jemagee

« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2008, 02:52:58 PM »
I absolutely HATE the idea of trading speights, when brand gets older speights will be ready to explode...it's almost a perfect symmetry...no no no a thousand times no

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »
LouWill and Smith in a S+T for Gordon could put all the numbers pretty close, and I think that's definitely something to look into.  LouWill brings pretty much exactly what Gordon does, only not quite as good at anything but with the ability to play backup PG.  Smith brings something that pretty much all their big men lack, and that's being able to put the ball in the basket from further than 3 feet.  As usual, add picks as necessary.

It seems unlikely, but in Ed I trust.  It still feels weird to have confidence in a GM.