Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 253641 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #645 on: July 16, 2008, 09:48:05 AM »
Luther Head is coming off a poor year, but is a career 39% 3 pt shooter making 2M next year (and entering a QO year of his rookie deal.)

I wonder if Smith/Green could somehow entice Houston to give Novak/Head.  Maybe if we took Jackie Butler's expiring off there hands and somehow sweetened the pot that type of deal could work.

Wishful/useless fantasy- but as TGP says- In Ed We Trust.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #646 on: July 16, 2008, 10:57:16 AM »
I wonder if Smith/Green could somehow entice Houston to give Novak/Head.

I didn't know NBA teams were offering such services to their players.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #647 on: July 16, 2008, 12:06:20 PM »

Thank god someone wrote that

jemagee

« Reply #648 on: July 16, 2008, 12:12:05 PM »
I'm sure god appreciates a good oral sex joke as much as any other existential extra dimensional being

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #649 on: July 16, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »
Oral sex jokes were surely in the divine plan.

Actually the Dalai Lama is speaking where I work today so I've been busy...did the Nuggets REALLy just trade away their only defender?

jemagee

« Reply #650 on: July 16, 2008, 12:18:24 PM »
Ask the dali lama how he feels abou the rockets giving Novak/Head...i'd be curios to see what he has to say.

And yes the nuggets traded away their only defender (and one of their better contracts) cause Kronke seems to have given up the ghost on this roster contending so he wants to get under the luxury tax (they are still over)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #651 on: July 16, 2008, 01:36:29 PM »

Ahhhh.... that made my day and I'm sure Steve Novak's as well.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #652 on: July 16, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »
I asked him and he just chuckled. I'm learning he does that a lot

jemagee

« Reply #653 on: July 16, 2008, 01:40:25 PM »
I asked him and he just chuckled. I'm learning he does that a lot

Part of the whole guru thing, vague and mysterious, don't actually answer it and you'll seem a lot more knowledgable...like in possessino of a great wisdom the asker couldn't possibly understand :)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 16, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »
Using all of the cap space to sign Brand certlainly was a fair tradeoff, but it is frustrating to see teams ready to give away decent, cheap players like Head, Novak and Critt just for salary relief.  heck, Memphis doesn't even need salary relief.

Meanwhile the Sixers are going to have to add four or five players at the minimyum just to fill out there roster.  its a shame this could not have been anticipated- or some late 1sts or 2nd rounders could have been purchased (of course that would have hurt our chances of getting Brand, but not by much.)

I am looking forward to seeing Ed work his magic, and acquire some good shooters or young talent despite the Sixers having no desirable assets to make a deal.  I realize we could get a lot for Miller or Iguodala- but I would rather keep our established players to see if the team can make a run this year.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 16, 2008, 02:39:55 PM »
How stupid and/or lazy can sportswriters be?  Check this guy out who thinks the Nuggets, who are still in luxury tax territory post-Camby, should offer a front loaded offer sheet to Smith, Okafor or Iggy.  Does he think they can use the trade exception to make a free agent signing or is he too damn lazy to notice the Nug's are still way over the cap this year?  Presumably he gets paid to write this crap.  Oy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8349018

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 16, 2008, 03:14:14 PM »
Camby-Kaman combo means trouble for Clipper foes

If you were looking for a credible story, that title should have made you stop right there.  I mean, how can lousy duos like Bynum/Gasol, Shaq/Amare and Aldridge/Oden compete with the likes of Caveman/Stickman.  They might as well give them the Larry O'brien Trophy right now, because the season is just a formality.

I don't think I will sleep at night knowing that any possible finals match-up against LA would be lopsided- well at least the match-up against the Clippers.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #657 on: July 16, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
Gibson re-upped with the Cavs for 5 years, Posey apparently signed with the Hornets for 4 years at the MLE.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #658 on: July 16, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »
Updating the FA list:

Restricted (possible S+T):
JR Smith: Good 3 point shooter/scorer, bit of a head case but certainly would be a good fit for the Sixers bench
Sasha Vujacic: See Gibson, but without the backup PG abilities
Carlos Delfino: Would probably come cheap, as I really see no room for him in Toronto.  Shot the 3 well last year, but that was the first time in his career
Kelenna Azubuike: We might be able to get him should the cap numbers not work out in GS.  Good 3 point shooter/scorer, would be a good fit for the Sixers bench
Delonte West: Average 3 point shooter, might be able to back up Miller?

Unrestricted:
Ricky Davis: I know the "no, just no".  But for the sake of completion, he's here.
Livingston/Dooling/C Arroyo/Pargo: Backup PG options
Bostjan Nachbar: He's been generally average or above average.  We'd probably need to work out an S+T for him and give him something in the 5/15 range.
J-Williams/D Stoudamire/Cassell/Dixon/Lue/Telfair/L Hunter: Other backup PGs out there.
Finley/Rush/Giricek/F Jones/M Evans: Other somewhat good SG/SF 3 point shooters.

Lemme know if I missed any.  Also, this forum really needs a "Go to" page button.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 16, 2008, 03:28:39 PM »
You should probably add a list of names rumored to be on the moves.  Guys like Luther Head and Novak.