Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 253643 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #660 on: July 16, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »
Updating the FA list:

Restricted (possible S+T):
JR Smith: Good 3 point shooter/scorer, bit of a head case but certainly would be a good fit for the Sixers bench
Sasha Vujacic: See Gibson, but without the backup PG abilities
Carlos Delfino: Would probably come cheap, as I really see no room for him in Toronto.  Shot the 3 well last year, but that was the first time in his career
Kelenna Azubuike: We might be able to get him should the cap numbers not work out in GS.  Good 3 point shooter/scorer, would be a good fit for the Sixers bench
Delonte West: Average 3 point shooter, might be able to back up Miller?

Unrestricted:
Ricky Davis: I know the "no, just no".  But for the sake of completion, he's here.
Livingston/Dooling/C Arroyo/Pargo: Backup PG options
Bostjan Nachbar: He's been generally average or above average.  We'd probably need to work out an S+T for him and give him something in the 5/15 range.
J-Williams/D Stoudamire/Cassell/Dixon/Lue/Telfair/L Hunter: Other backup PGs out there.
Finley/Rush/Giricek/F Jones/M Evans: Other somewhat good SG/SF 3 point shooters.

Lemme know if I missed any.  Also, this forum really needs a "Go to" page button.

The problem is fitting most of those guys into our salary cap situation.  Any S&T deal starting at more than $1.8 million per (if we moved Jason Smith) would have to include the other team taking back the final three contract years of WG and/or Reggie, and we could not get people to take them when we offered up a first round pick and asked for nothing back. Assuming we re-sign Iggy and Lou, then our only other option would be to find a taker for Sammy D and his last three contract years.  His contract is not enticing, but he is a starting C and might appeal to someone.  Otherwise, I'd take Dixon as the third PG if he will take the minimum, at least he can shoot.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 16, 2008, 03:42:06 PM »
You mean Samm D the petulant child who whined about his lack of touches during the Sixers winning run, and now has been kicked off team Canada for thinking he was bigger than Canada? 

I would think his attitude is going to start and cut into his trade value pretty soon.  maybe he needs to shave "I'm Sorry" into the side of his mohawk?

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #662 on: July 16, 2008, 03:42:19 PM »
The C.J. Miles issue out in Utah bares watching, IMO. An interesting prospect given his size and age, and he was pretty on from beyond the arc when given time last season. Actually, Utah's a team I'd watch for some movement. They've got a few players in their backcourt worth looking at to fill out the roster.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 16, 2008, 03:57:48 PM »
You mean Samm D the petulant child who whined about his lack of touches during the Sixers winning run, and now has been kicked off team Canada for thinking he was bigger than Canada? 

I would think his attitude is going to start and cut into his trade value pretty soon.  maybe he needs to shave "I'm Sorry" into the side of his mohawk?

My only reason for mentioning Sammy is that he has some talent and productivity to go along with his bone-headedness and immaturity, plus for once we have a GM who might be able to put one over on one of his weaker-minded brethren (cough, Memphis, cough), rather than vice-versa.  If we didn't get a center back in such a hypothetical and unlikely deal, I could see Stefanski looking for some way to get Kristic as a partial replacement for Sam along with Speights and Smith. 

jemagee

« Reply #664 on: July 16, 2008, 04:29:08 PM »
Gibson re-upped with the Cavs for 5 years, Posey apparently signed with the Hornets for 4 years at the MLE.

That's just way too much money for james posey

jemagee

« Reply #665 on: July 16, 2008, 04:29:51 PM »
Sam got kicked off of team canada?  Seriously?

That's awesome, maybe now he can work on some basketball

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 16, 2008, 08:36:01 PM »
Dixon's not a PG.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 16, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »
Dixon's not a PG.

Not a true Pg I'll agree with you there, but he has been playing more of a shooting PG role in the NBA since he is too small to play SG.  As a third PG on this team I will take the shooter who can bring the ball up, more likely though we sign someone like Ollie again.

jemagee

« Reply #668 on: July 17, 2008, 09:05:13 AM »
In case you missed it, Josh Smith is reported to be telling the hawks that he doesn't want to come back if woodson comes back, probably should have told them that before the extension to woodson dude

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #669 on: July 17, 2008, 09:22:07 AM »
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20080717_Sixers_GM_Stefanski_in_talks_to_re-sign_Iguodala.html

I guess Ed and Iguodala's agent had their first meeting.  Ed wouldn't comment as to whether or not an offer had been extended as of yet. 

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 17, 2008, 09:43:37 AM »
In case you missed it, Josh Smith is reported to be telling the hawks that he doesn't want to come back if woodson comes back, probably should have told them that before the extension to woodson dude

Then he and his dad disavowed the reports.  Talk about a guy whose negotiating leverage has decreased this summer through circumstance and bad mojo.

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 17, 2008, 12:06:55 PM »
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20080717_Sixers_GM_Stefanski_in_talks_to_re-sign_Iguodala.html

I guess Ed and Iguodala's agent had their first meeting.  Ed wouldn't comment as to whether or not an offer had been extended as of yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if this took only a couple of days, or if this lasted until September.  No one else has the cap room, but I don't think he's going to love our offer.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 17, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »
I will be interested to see what kind of numbers Gibson got from the Cavs as a guide for the type of deal Lou might expect.  He got a five year deal, but the money has not been disclosed anywhere yet that I could find.  That may help Lou's signing move along. 

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #673 on: July 17, 2008, 04:46:57 PM »
Apparently, the Nets dangled a package of youngsters including Marcus Williams, Sean Williams, and Josh Boone along with expirings for Camby.  Marcus Williams would be a nice fit to backup Miller off the bench... he can also shoot a little.  Unfortunately, I don't see anyone on our roster that would appeal to NJ.  Perhaps there's a long shot that they'd have some interest in Evans to provide some toughness up front and mentor Lopez, S. Williams, and Boone, but not likely. 

jemagee

« Reply #674 on: July 17, 2008, 04:59:36 PM »
Marcus WIlliams, I believe, would be a fine replacement to miller after next season and will continue to advocate obtaining him until the nets finally trade him somewhere else