Author Topic: Spurs Recap  (Read 6393 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs Recap
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 10:22:15 PM »
What's a truely?   :rolleyes:
Kinda like a trollie or troll-e not to be confused with trolly.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

Spurs Recap
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2004, 10:35:40 PM »
Dude you have to live under a bridge?  Man you should have said something! You now us white liberal Mondaleites are always willing to help out the feeble and lazy.  

jn

Spurs Recap
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2004, 10:36:45 PM »
Oh man.... that one was looking good until I spotted the missing K.  :lol:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs Recap
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2004, 12:13:21 AM »
Oh man.... that one was looking good until I spotted the missing K.  :lol:
Did you catch the article about the importance of spelling?  It stated that if the first and last letter are correct you could f up the spelling and the user would still understand.  They had some crazy examples but it seemed to work.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs Recap
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2004, 12:18:13 AM »
The refires hndd the Suprs the gmae on a slivr palter.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jn

Spurs Recap
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2004, 12:30:10 AM »
Did ont!  Boke gut tushdown by Newbo, sure and pimple!  

Yo lou have a dink two thee arcticle?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs Recap
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2004, 12:42:34 AM »
Did ont!  Boke gut tushdown by Newbo, sure and pimple!  

Yo lou have a dink two thee arcticle?
first and last letter have to be correct for it to work.  Your brain has a built in spell checker.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2004, 09:07:55 AM »
Truely sad that I have to "stupid" down my posts for this board.  :(
Gee, and I thought my reply was as "dumbed down" as your original post.  Guess it is just Laker fans who don't know how to login that couldn't comprehend your amazing intellect.   ;)  

:ph34r:

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs Recap
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2004, 10:13:05 AM »
Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle! That article about your brain having a built in spell checker must have made your day WOW, the last time you spelled every word in a post correctly will be the first!  ;)  
Dan

Guest_Randy

Spurs Recap
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2004, 11:25:15 AM »
Mr Guest....please apply your same outstanding logic and insight to the comments put forward by Mr. WayOutWest.  As it is your posting looks very similar to a Spurs-hater that usually goes by the name of Randy.

If you are not sure of his position check out the thread he started on roster depth.  It seems that you now disagree with the premise of that thread.
Sorry, Lurker, that "guest" wasn't me.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2004, 11:37:52 AM »
You guys all think you're pretty fart smellers, doncha.

Regardless of the importance of spelling, spoonerisms will never be get the respect they deserve.    
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2004, 11:39:31 AM »
Kinda like a trollie or troll-e not to be confused with trolly

Trolly or drolly. WOW, we totally respect your efforts to appear intelligent. Just don't set your keyboard on fire with the effort.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2004, 12:01:56 PM »
And speaking of the referees calling the Spurs/Lakers game fairly.

Shut up about it already. After watching the Kings' players practically stop play in San Antonio as they stared in disbelief at the refs, I sometimes wonder if pro players ever will understand how the games toward the end of the season indicate that the official are also getting geared up for the playoffs.

It is not that hard to fathom. Go strong to the basket and never, ever under any thought process that could possibly penetrate the dense skulls of today's NBA players think that the refs are going to bail you out if you end up in the third row behind the basket.

Moving screens are a key technique in the playoffs and are NOT going to be called frequently, so everyone should do them.

Knock your guy silly in the open court, but do not breathe on him once he becomes airborne near the basket. The refs will call phantom fouls if they see his jersey flop. So you might as well make the foul a hard one as not.

Elbows to the face to clear space for a shot will never be called if Kobe or Shaq does it, but Webber, Duncan, and Garnett had better keep their elbows to themselves. As for Malone, he will have to kill someone with his elbows before the refs even ackknowledge he is on the floor potentially fouling anyone at all. This is the one type of foul that does not exist in the eyes of the officials if Lakers do it, but will call it immediately on any player from any other city.

Otherwise, you can expect little help from the referees, as they seem to be of the mindset to let the players play the game without them deciding it. If Kobe gets a little nudge late in the game on a three pointer, he won't be going to the line if he misses it. If Bibby gets hacked midcourt and has to leave to get stitched up, just quietly substitute for him and go back on defense. If Malone or Webber moves laterally while screening for his shooter, just smile and say, "that's NBA playoff basketball".

And try, as everyone else will, to pick up the contact on Payton or Peja as they move into the key and hoist up a shot for a potential three point play. If only our technology was so advanced that they could digitally insert a third arm on the defender for the replay so it will look like he actually touched him.

Maybe someday. After all, there is always hope.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 12:02:50 PM by JoMal »

jn

Spurs Recap
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2004, 12:06:01 PM »
Indeed Jomal.

"Work is the curse of drinking classes."

-The Right Reverend William A. Spooner

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2004, 12:25:11 PM »
What's a truely?   :rolleyes:
Okay, I've held it in long enough.

BWAAHHAHHAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAA![/size]
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton