Author Topic: Spurs Recap  (Read 6392 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« on: April 05, 2004, 10:56:05 AM »
Spurs Brothas,

a.  Good win.  Let it get way too close, didn't score 100+ but close.
b.  Outstanding plays:

Early 1st qtr Bowen drives the lane and swoops up a fingeroll over The Fat One.
Up the court on D he then strips Kobme.
2nd half score 65-60 Bowen strips the MailPuss.  

Did you see when Turkey hustled back in transition D, tipped the pass, leaped way out of bounds, grabbed the ball and flicked it back inbounds right to a Spur?  WooHoo!  :D

GNobler on those drives.  Even the ones he barely missed like the opposite hand layup.

Devin Brown:  Have we got another Steven Jackson for this years run?  WooHoo.  And the b.s. call he and Bowen got against Kobme  :lol:  ABC/Lakerstation even played back the talk between Joey Crawford and Dunker and co  :lol:

Parker on O all day.  I liked the fake jump shot and feed to moving Jurassic Willis for the dunk.  

TDunker fronting the MailWimp and KWillis finishing with the blocked shot.  WooHoo!  BullyWimp then whines to ref.

Props to the refs for the most part not giving the flopping fruit De'reek Swisher his lame assed drama queen acting jobs.

:(  did you catch the Mailwimp trying to trip Rad Nest on the way upcourt.  The play after Malone went tumbling to the floor on a steal attempt.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 11:52:34 AM »
Ginobli impressed me as always with his passing abilities.
Paul

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 12:32:22 PM »
Spurs Brothas,

a.  Good win.  Let it get way too close, didn't score 100+ but close.
b.  Outstanding plays:

Early 1st qtr Bowen drives the lane and swoops up a fingeroll over The Fat One.
Up the court on D he then strips Kobme.
2nd half score 65-60 Bowen strips the MailPuss.  

Did you see when Turkey hustled back in transition D, tipped the pass, leaped way out of bounds, grabbed the ball and flicked it back inbounds right to a Spur?  WooHoo!  :D

GNobler on those drives.  Even the ones he barely missed like the opposite hand layup.

Devin Brown:  Have we got another Steven Jackson for this years run?  WooHoo.  And the b.s. call he and Bowen got against Kobme  :lol:  ABC/Lakerstation even played back the talk between Joey Crawford and Dunker and co  :lol:

Parker on O all day.  I liked the fake jump shot and feed to moving Jurassic Willis for the dunk.  

TDunker fronting the MailWimp and KWillis finishing with the blocked shot.  WooHoo!  BullyWimp then whines to ref.

Props to the refs for the most part not giving the flopping fruit De'reek Swisher his lame assed drama queen acting jobs.

:(  did you catch the Mailwimp trying to trip Rad Nest on the way upcourt.  The play after Malone went tumbling to the floor on a steal attempt.

Do you know the definition of a "moving screen?"  I'm sure you don't when it comes to the Spurs but that's exactly what TD did to Fish -- and yeah, I'm sure that Fish HAD to flop when TD ran into him.  Fish is a flopper but I don't think he had to flop on that play.  TD didn't get the call because he is a superstar -- and I think it's interesting that you can see the Kobe "superstar" calls but not see the TD superstar calls.

Twizted Reality

Spurs Recap
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 02:28:58 PM »
Spurs marketing ship on sail once again.  David Stern at the helm.  Whoopie.

Refs took Shaq out of the game while Timmy Dunker gets special treatment to keep west close.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 03:03:46 PM »

Do you know the definition of a "moving screen?"  I'm sure you don't when it comes to the Spurs but that's exactly what TD did to Fish -- and yeah, I'm sure that Fish HAD to flop when TD ran into him.  Fish is a flopper but I don't think he had to flop on that play.  TD didn't get the call because he is a superstar -- and I think it's interesting that you can see the Kobe "superstar" calls but not see the TD superstar calls.
Not only do i know what a moving screen is but the oxygen supply to my brain is not chocked off by Purple n Gold undies tightly worn.

Indeed TD did move on that play.  Had Swisher fallen down normally he might have gotten the call.  Instead he flails to the floor and slided 10-12 feet for drama queen effect.  Was a foul on TD.

Another attempt when Swisher dove into TParker, who by the way was not "diving for the ball" as Al Michaels and Doc Rivers incorrectly stated.  Parker was running towoard the ball and wanted to pick it up on the dribble.  Swisher instead left his feet completely and dove for the ball, knocking Parker on the way.  Good foul call on Fisher.

Now, as to the score being 84-78, Lakers just scored and Spurs are heading up the court.  TParker on the dribble.  KWillis sets a 100% legal screen and Parker moves around him.  Willis is 100% set with arms also set at his side.  Fag boy runs into Willis and jerks his head back like a crash test dummy.  Falls to the floor with arms flailing and snaps his neck back.  Lays there motionless for drama queen effect, as if he was in shock.  Puts his hand over his noze and continues laying for maximum oohh and ahh effect from the Marketing Clones in the stands.  Ref buys into the b.s. and whistles KWillis for what, setting a set screen and playing backetball.  The Swisher stuff is not basketball.  As Dennis on the old board pointed out, in hockey you the acting floppee get penalized for that nonsense.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 03:26:55 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs Recap
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 03:25:48 PM »
I think the Lakers will need to add a fifth hall of famer to contend with the EIGHT men the Spurs put on the floor yesterday.  I think it's not only a marketing ploy by Stern and the NBA but Vegas is getting in on the action.  The refs clearly gifted this game to the Spurs from the opening tip.  The only reason I can think of such blatent one-sided calls in the Spurs favor is so that the rest of the league just doesn't give up.   If the Lakers are allowed to dominate the league as they should, then the betting action in Vegas would dry up.

Props to Stern and the refs for handing the Spurs a victory and keeping the NBA at LEAST interesting durring the playoff's.  I think the Laker could have pulled it out if they could have had at least ONE unbiased ref in the game.  The Lakers are good enough to beat the Spurs with one or two refs in their pockets but no all 3.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 03:58:13 PM »
I think the Lakers will need to add a fifth hall of famer to contend with the EIGHT men the Spurs put on the floor yesterday.  I think it's not only a marketing ploy by Stern and the NBA but Vegas is getting in on the action.  The refs clearly gifted this game to the Spurs from the opening tip.  The only reason I can think of such blatent one-sided calls in the Spurs favor is so that the rest of the league just doesn't give up.   If the Lakers are allowed to dominate the league as they should, then the betting action in Vegas would dry up.

Props to Stern and the refs for handing the Spurs a victory and keeping the NBA at LEAST interesting durring the playoff's.  I think the Laker could have pulled it out if they could have had at least ONE unbiased ref in the game.  The Lakers are good enough to beat the Spurs with one or two refs in their pockets but no all 3.
Obviously the Lakers need more than just one ref.  They had Joey Crawford yesterday....calling phantom fouls on Bowen and not even knowing the names of the Spurs players.  If it hadn't been for the other two refs "balancing" out Crawford's blatant favortism towards the home team then the Spurs would have lost again.

Oh, and don't forget that the Lakers are one of the deepest teams in the league while the Spurs are a one-man show.  Guess yesterday proves Duncan should be a lock for his 3rd straight MVP......
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 03:58:37 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Spurs Recap
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 05:34:13 PM »
I think the Lakers will need to add a fifth hall of famer to contend with the EIGHT men the Spurs put on the floor yesterday.  I think it's not only a marketing ploy by Stern and the NBA but Vegas is getting in on the action.  The refs clearly gifted this game to the Spurs from the opening tip.  The only reason I can think of such blatent one-sided calls in the Spurs favor is so that the rest of the league just doesn't give up.   If the Lakers are allowed to dominate the league as they should, then the betting action in Vegas would dry up.

Props to Stern and the refs for handing the Spurs a victory and keeping the NBA at LEAST interesting durring the playoff's.  I think the Laker could have pulled it out if they could have had at least ONE unbiased ref in the game.  The Lakers are good enough to beat the Spurs with one or two refs in their pockets but no all 3.
Obviously the Lakers need more than just one ref.  They had Joey Crawford yesterday....calling phantom fouls on Bowen and not even knowing the names of the Spurs players.  If it hadn't been for the other two refs "balancing" out Crawford's blatant favortism towards the home team then the Spurs would have lost again.

Oh, and don't forget that the Lakers are one of the deepest teams in the league while the Spurs are a one-man show.  Guess yesterday proves Duncan should be a lock for his 3rd straight MVP......
Not that I thought the officials were bad yesterday but phantom fouls :rolleyes:  Gimime a break.....they let those two go at it yesterday and Bowen got away with his fare share of hand checks and bumping.  I was actually glad they let each other go at one another like that.

Spurs Recap
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 05:35:13 PM »
I think the Lakers will need to add a fifth hall of famer to contend with the EIGHT men the Spurs put on the floor yesterday.  I think it's not only a marketing ploy by Stern and the NBA but Vegas is getting in on the action.  The refs clearly gifted this game to the Spurs from the opening tip.  The only reason I can think of such blatent one-sided calls in the Spurs favor is so that the rest of the league just doesn't give up.   If the Lakers are allowed to dominate the league as they should, then the betting action in Vegas would dry up.

Not that I thought the officials were bad yesterday but phantom fouls :rolleyes:  Gimime a break.....they let those two go at it yesterday and Bowen got away with his fare share of hand checks and bumping.  I was actually glad they let each other go at one another like that.
LOL @ Spurs being a one man show.  If that was true Duncan's whoppin amount of points yesterday would have left the Spurs short 10 points.  Go ahead and knock Parker, Manu, and "whats his name" lol

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »
Mr Guest....please apply your same outstanding logic and insight to the comments put forward by Mr. WayOutWest.  As it is your posting looks very similar to a Spurs-hater that usually goes by the name of Randy.

If you are not sure of his position check out the thread he started on roster depth.  It seems that you now disagree with the premise of that thread.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 06:02:05 PM »
I think the Lakers will need to add a fifth hall of famer to contend with the EIGHT men the Spurs put on the floor yesterday.  I think it's not only a marketing ploy by Stern and the NBA but Vegas is getting in on the action.  The refs clearly gifted this game to the Spurs from the opening tip.  The only reason I can think of such blatent one-sided calls in the Spurs favor is so that the rest of the league just doesn't give up.   If the Lakers are allowed to dominate the league as they should, then the betting action in Vegas would dry up.

Props to Stern and the refs for handing the Spurs a victory and keeping the NBA at LEAST interesting durring the playoff's.  I think the Laker could have pulled it out if they could have had at least ONE unbiased ref in the game.  The Lakers are good enough to beat the Spurs with one or two refs in their pockets but no all 3.
the lakers got to the free throw line more than SA did.....  it seems the refs were on LA's side yesterday and they still lost.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Dromedarius

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 07:49:55 PM »
Yeah, it was the refs, alright. I'm sure Kobe's ballhogging and the Spurs defense has little to no affect on the game.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 08:36:07 PM by Dromedarius »

Offline Dromedarius

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Recap
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 08:37:26 PM »
Do you know the definition of a "moving screen?"

Yeah, it's what Malone is always doing.  :P  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs Recap
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 09:33:39 PM »