Author Topic: Lakers/Jazz Game 5  (Read 3609 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Lakers/Jazz Game 5
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 12:03:17 PM »
I hope by WAH you mean "Where Amazing Happens"  ;D

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 12:10:35 PM »
"When the Jazz got close to the basket, there was more contact than in a rush-hour crowd shoving into the subway, but rarely a blown whistle. Meanwhile, at the other end, Lamar Odom breezed past Carlos Boozer for a layup and got a gift and-one. And Utah players and coaches are still wondering how Mehmet Okur could wind up sprawling toward the baseline, leaving Pau Gasol alone under the basket for an easy offensive rebound and dunk to put the Lakers ahead by five points with 20.5 seconds remaining."

I guess I should have read the whole blog. My bad. So it goes from being an obvious hard shove, to a flop with still enough contact for a foul on Gasol. I like Harpring's quote. Just go get the damn ball.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 12:46:24 PM »
Just go get the damn ball.

They DID, Ted!!  Just most of the 4th they got called for a foul for trying.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »
Just go get the damn ball.

They DID, Ted!!  Just most of the 4th they got called for a foul for trying.

By "trying" do you mean shoving in the back or do you mean holding on to the Lakers to the extent that their jerseys got un-tucked and practically got pulled over their heads?

Please clarify.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 01:26:18 PM »
By "tuck" do you mean the procedure you use make you "feel" like a woman while you whine like one.

C'mon WOW, don't get like a chick on me.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »
I thought it was as fun a game as I have seen, both teams left it all on the floor and if the Jazz have anything to be ashamed of, IT WAS 15 TURNOVERS IN THE FIRST HALF! I don't have the numbers on how many of those were converted by LA, but I would be willing to bet it exceeded the margin of victory. Point is, bad calls on both sides notwithstanding, Utah didn't take care of the ball in the first half, for that matter neither did LA, they just did a slightly better job at screwing up than LA did, and it cost them.

I will not go over the bad calls that went against my team, and there were some, because for every one of them, there were bad calls the other way. It's part of the game, LA was RAPED by the refs in game 4, didn't matter, the idiots shot 56% from the stripe when they did get a call, that was why they lost, they didn'ttake care of something they had ABSOLUTE control over, free throw shooting. They shoot even 70% in game 4 and this series was over last night.

LA scored 48 points in the paint roughly 45% of their point total, against a team that AVERAGED 24 fouls a game in the regular season, highest in the league, that says one thing, they were taking it to the hole consistantly and frequently, AGAINST THE HIGHEST FOUL COMMITTING TEAM IN THE NBA! And anyone wonders at the free throw parade? LA scored 66 points in the paint in the game 4 loss, 48 last night AGAINST THE HIGHEST FOUL COMMITTING TEAM IN THE NBA, I simply don't understand why this is something anyone fails to grasp. LA plays a great post game, resulting in alot of freethrows, Utah plays tough, almost brutish defense, resulting in their opponents getting alot of freethrows. Homecooking aside, that is just a fact, crying about the officiating except to say just let them play won't change that. And it certainly won't change 15 turnovers in the first half, 5 in the first 5 minutes that IMO set the tone for the game.

Again, props to Utah leaving it all on thefloor last night, there was just too much Lamar Odom last night, too much Gasol hanging around to clean up his team mates misses, and too many early TO's to overcome, but at least they tried.

One more thing, can someone tell Sasha he needs to learn when to keep his big stupid mouth shut!
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »
C'mon WOW, don't get like a chick on me.

By "chick" do you mean: crying that I don't enjoy watching a game because of free throws?

Please clarify.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"