Author Topic: Total BS, Turiaf thrown out of Jazz game.  (Read 11808 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Total BS, Turiaf thrown out of Jazz game.
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 01:20:56 PM »
LaQueer's whining about the officiating and missed free throws!!!    :D    :D    :D    :D    :D

I think the main difference with the Laker fans on this board is we blame our team for not making the free throws as the reason the losing ... not the refs.  I know this is a difficult concept for a Kings fan to grasp, but please try to focus.   

WOW said: 
Despite all the rose colored calls against the Lakers they have no one to blame but themselves and the moving basket when they shot FT's.  Kings curse.

Randy said:
However, the Lakers killed themselves at the free throw line -- shooting less than 50% (including Kobe who was 3 of 7 in regulation).  The Lakers shoot even 70% and they win the game.

westkoast said: 
Exactly.  While I think the Jazz got some home cooking yesterday it is expected and not the reason for the loss.  The FT line was and lack of ball movement.

Laker Fan said:
That aside, LA's freethrow shooting was embarrassing, especially Odom missing 4 straight is inexcusable.

Props Jazz fans see you in LA.

I said: 

Regardless of the crazy officiating all game, the Lakers didn't deserve to win.  Make your friggin' free throws!  I expect the Jazz to get the benefit of the doubt on calls at home and visa versa.  It's on the players to adjust to that.

Only weak-sauce fans blame the refs for the outcome of the game.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »
Msc -

Exactly why would I acknowledge any of that?

Are you demented?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »
They tossed him before they realized he was cut and bleeding.  Had more to do with the whistle being blown and him fouling him after the play ended then anything.

I believe you are mistaken. It was immediately apparent that Price was bleeding. The officials didn't issue the Flagrant 2 and toss Turiaf for about sixty seconds after the foul actually happened. There's a good YouTube video showing the sequence of events. Watch the clock.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SqdrikxVHjc
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
Just watched the Price/Walton play several times, and all of the whining is WEAK. Price roofed the guy. All of the contact you guys are beeyotching about should be hardly anything to a 6'8" guy like Walton. This is the frickin' NBA. Walton totally flopped after getting served . . . I guess he was trying to draw the foul, but all he did was made himself look even more ridiculous. Luke, you do realize that a 6'2" point guard just looked you down after serving you lunch don't you?

But don't worry. Luke will be okay. He's got his Laker teammates to take care of him.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 02:53:29 PM »
Just watched the Price/Walton play several times, and all of the whining is WEAK. Price roofed the guy. All of the contact you guys are beeyotching about should be hardly anything to a 6'8" guy like Walton. This is the frickin' NBA. Walton totally flopped after getting served . . . I guess he was trying to draw the foul, but all he did was made himself look even more ridiculous. Luke, you do realize that a 6'2" point guard just looked you down after serving you lunch don't you?

But don't worry. Luke will be okay. He's got his Laker teammates to take care of him.

I think you should have added this Picture to Wow' post about which name is better for LA.....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 02:54:11 PM »
Just watched the Price/Walton play several times, and all of the whining is WEAK.

Yes Walton made a big mistake by taking it up slow and soft but it was clearly a foul, it was not even close.  My fat ass at 5'9" could block a dunk attempt by Dwight Howard if I was allowed to jump on his back, elbow him in the head then slap his forearm.  I doubt I would get the props Price did though.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2008, 02:55:56 PM »
I think you should have added this Picture to Wow' post about which name is better for LA.....

I tried to counter Ted's picture with one of the Jazz players abducting 13 year old girl brides but no luck.....Ted wins this round!  >:(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2008, 02:59:05 PM »
Yes Walton made a big mistake by taking it up slow and soft but it was clearly a foul, it was not even close.  My fat ass at 5'9" could block a dunk attempt by Dwight Howard if I was allowed to jump on his back, elbow him in the head then slap his forearm.  I doubt I would get the props Price did though.

Totally overblown description your abilities ::) and of what happened. Price's hand was higher than the ball let alone Walton's forearm, how the hell did he slap the forearm? The contact was weak. And I've yet to see an angle that show's this staggering blow to the head.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2008, 02:59:35 PM »

Again Ted the issue was with the ticky tack fouls Walton was getting nailed with moreso then it was the contact itself.

The blow to the head came from Ronnie's mid-section as he jumped over his back.  It was clearly a foul, whether Luke Walton should have gone up with two hands or not.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2008, 03:01:59 PM »
PS. I forgot to mention one thought. Kobe was clearly hurting, which is why it looked so easy for AK to snuff him. Still, Kobe did his damage.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2008, 03:02:18 PM »

Totally overblown description your abilities ::) and of what happened. Price's hand was higher than the ball let alone Walton's forearm, how the hell did he slap the forearm? The contact was weak. And I've yet to see an angle that show's this staggering blow to the head.

Weak or not Teddy my boy, it was still a foul, your crying like a girl about us crying like girls doesn't change that fact one iota, a forearm to the back of the head is a foul, or is that considered foreplay to you?
Dan

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »
Forearm to the head.  :'(  Oh wait. We need a "laughing/crying" emoticon here so bad.

Look guys. If AK47 had the ball all alone and went up for a wussy layup and got owned by Jordan Farmar, I'd be pissed too. I feel you. I feel you.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »
PS. I forgot to mention one thought. Kobe was clearly hurting, which is why it looked so easy for AK to snuff him. Still, Kobe did his damage.

The problem is it seemed Kobe could not finish strong at the hoop.  Not to mention a back problem is not something that heals in a few days.  Can you shoot up pain in your back with the same stuff football guys use on their knees?  Cortozine or something?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
Forearm to the head.  :'(  Oh wait. We need a "laughing/crying" emoticon here so bad.

Look guys. If AK47 had the ball all alone and went up for a wussy layup and got owned by Jordan Farmar, I'd be pissed too. I feel you. I feel you.

If Walton had gone for the jam instead of the layup, I think Price would have been forced to foul more forcefully, but at least we would have had a shot at a 2+1
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2008, 03:09:35 PM »

Ze Franch semoootchie on ze cheek.....zooo LeQueer......zooo Zothern Kalifornian.

A Walton Zanwich. Ze wooodie .....et iz cuming.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."