Author Topic: Total BS, Turiaf thrown out of Jazz game.  (Read 11781 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Total BS, Turiaf thrown out of Jazz game.
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:09:39 PM »
What a total load of crap.  Should not have been a flagrant let alone a flagrant 2.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Total BS, Turiaf thrown out of Jazz game.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 03:47:55 PM »
I think the fact it was after the whistle was blown is the reason he got kicked.  The problem is he didn't hear the first whistle which is why he raised his arms up like call the foul on me.  The foul itself wasn't any harder then the ones we've seen Lebron James take in Washington on numerous plays.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 03:55:10 PM »
I think the fact it was after the whistle was blown is the reason he got kicked.  The problem is he didn't hear the first whistle which is why he raised his arms up like call the foul on me.  The foul itself wasn't any harder then the ones we've seen Lebron James take in Washington on numerous plays.

Ahhhh, that could explain it.  I didn't hear the wistle either.  As horrible as the Lakers have played I am glad they are tied at the half.  If the Lakers were making their FT's they would have the lead.  Kobe is hurting, they need to stop the iso's for him and just let him roll withing the offense.  With his back hurting he can't just jump over everyone to get his shot off so he needs to get his shots within the flow of the offense.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 04:09:58 PM »
Wow, what a bunch of horseshyte calls in game 4.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 04:15:19 PM »
I can not believe the calls in this game!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »
The only thing worse than the officiating in this game is people comparring Williams and Boozer to Stockton and Malone.  It is NOT even close, neither guy is 1/10 the player they are being compared too.  One good year does NOT a HOF'er make.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »
Not only are the refs bought for this game, so are the announcers.  Clearly a foul on the Walton break away and no call.  The replay CLEARLY shows contact on the body and HEAD and the announcers say what a great defensive play.  BS!

I am getting worried about Kobe's back.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 04:52:43 PM »
5 minutes to go and it's game OVER!  Refs OWNED the Lakers in this game.  I hope the Lakers get half the calls the Jazz got today at Staples, only half would be enough for a 20 point blowout.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »
This game has been ridiculous -- the Jazz lead the league in opponent foul shooting (it's like 11+ shots per game) because of their physical play but the Jazz have shot 13 more in the game at this point.  Absolutely some of the worst officiating that I have ever witnessed.

However, the Lakers killed themselves at the free throw line -- shooting less than 50% (including Kobe who was 3 of 7 in regulation).  The Lakers shoot even 70% and they win the game.

I can't believe this officiating though -- can't help but wonder if the same coalition that managed to get the Olympics in Utah helped get this kind of officiating in Salt Lake City.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 05:52:55 PM »
oh the irony.  :D
Would you three, make the the entire Laker House like to share a kleenex?

Randy
2) Lurker, one thing we can all count on -- you've never seen a game when the Spurs weren't fouled and I've never seen a game where the Lakers weren't fouled.  Asking you to be objective about a game or series in which the Spurs play is about as good as asking me to be objective when the Lakers are involved.  It just ain't gonna happen.

WayOutWest
I guess that further supports Manu being a choker and not injured.  TD had one bad game battling illness, Manu's injuries seem to get better when he's play at home. 

westkoast
You watched the game right?  Did you see when Manu saved the ball from going out of bounce in the 2nd (or the end of the 1st) where he used that foot to try to stop himself and it re-hurt it?  He was pretty fine up until that point.

And jesus christ almighty this is the playoffs.  It's not who has injuries but who DOESN'T have injuries at this point.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 06:37:07 PM »

Randy
2) Lurker, one thing we can all count on -- you've never seen a game when the Spurs weren't fouled and I've never seen a game where the Lakers weren't fouled.  Asking you to be objective about a game or series in which the Spurs play is about as good as asking me to be objective when the Lakers are involved.  It just ain't gonna happen.

WayOutWest
I guess that further supports Manu being a choker and not injured.  TD had one bad game battling illness, Manu's injuries seem to get better when he's play at home. 

westkoast
You watched the game right?  Did you see when Manu saved the ball from going out of bounce in the 2nd (or the end of the 1st) where he used that foot to try to stop himself and it re-hurt it?  He was pretty fine up until that point.

And jesus christ almighty this is the playoffs.  It's not who has injuries but who DOESN'T have injuries at this point.

You are the only one who would even put Manu on the same level as Kobe Bryant -- if it had been TD instead of Manu hurt, the series would already be over in SA.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »
You are the only one who would even put Manu on the same level as Kobe Bryant -- if it had been TD instead of Manu hurt, the series would already be over in SA. 
Really?  I thought injuries don't matter, if a player is on the court he is able to play.  This according to you Laker posters.  See above quotes and many more. 

Your trying to twist this into a "is Manu as good as Kobe?" thread.   

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 09:28:26 PM »

Randy

WayOutWest

westkoast

Could you please link me to the thread where Laker fans are trying to say the loss today was because Kobe is at 68.3874%?? Thanks in advance.

Props on the win to the Jazz fans.  You guys kept your poise and got it done down the stretch.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 09:57:53 PM »
What a total load of crap.  Should not have been a flagrant let alone a flagrant 2.

Didn't see the game; just saw the replay on ESPN.com. It's borderline IMO: anytime a guy is in the air and you make an obvious play on the body and not the ball, you're going to get rung up. I imagine the fact that the whistle had blown and the Ronnie landed on his head probably didn't help Turiaf's cause.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 10:02:48 PM »
Just watched it again, and it seems clear Turiaf did kind of go for the ball--hard enough that you could tell he was looking to put Price on his arse. It must have been the fact that it was after the whistle. Otherwise I'd say it's a flagrant 1, no more.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton