Author Topic: Spurs-Hornets game 3  (Read 10356 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Spurs-Hornets game 3
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »

I see now...you only tried to make us think that you joined the Jazz bandwagon.  Actually you are in the little red wagon that Reality pulls behind his tricycle as he is towed behind the Spurs bandwagon.  Now that I know where you are getting your basketball knowledge from it is easier to understand (?) your posts.  Keep up the good work, RealiMal.

When you find your balls, slurker, come on back and try debating with the adults.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 02:58:10 PM »
I see now...you only tried to make us think that you joined the Jazz bandwagon.  Actually you are in the little red wagon that Reality pulls behind his tricycle as he is towed behind the Spurs bandwagon.  Now that I know where you are getting your basketball knowledge from it is easier to understand (?) your posts.  Keep up the good work, RealiMal.

WOW!  Even the "agents" from the Matrix movie couldn't side step something with skill you just displayed.  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 03:08:10 PM »

WOW!  Even the "agents" from the Matrix movie couldn't side step something with skill you just displayed.  :D

"skill"?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 03:10:29 PM »
Oh, I am not complaining about the refs, but if they want to let CP3 play this way then let horry pop him.  Seems perfectly reasonable to me to let it fly since they want to let things go this way.

Okay, fair enough. And based on YOUR logic, then Bowen should be eviserated by Bonzi Wells at some point. Seems perfectly reasonable to me to let it fly since they want to let things go THAT way as well.

Bonzi has already tried to do his damage, and on poor tony no less,  if the refs allow this kind of play then why not allow "playoff basketball" to take place.  Are you saying that it is ok for the Spurs to take it from the Hornets rather than DISH it?  Or is this based on the fact that because Bruce is on our team it automatically means that it is ok to do this to our guys?  

It means that with Bruce Bowen on your team, you already HAVE dished it plenty in the past. If the Hornets are getting physical, it has more to do with the established Spurs' physicality that perhaps Byron Scott wants to match. Sort of a complement, if you think about it.

Of course this is why they are playing this way.  However, I don't think the Spurs have brought that game into this series yet.  I stated this after game 1.  If the Hornets wanted to get tough, the Spurs needed to get tougher, hence, the Horry comment.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 03:23:47 PM »
Oh, I am not complaining about the refs, but if they want to let CP3 play this way then let horry pop him.  Seems perfectly reasonable to me to let it fly since they want to let things go this way.

Okay, fair enough. And based on YOUR logic, then Bowen should be eviserated by Bonzi Wells at some point. Seems perfectly reasonable to me to let it fly since they want to let things go THAT way as well.

Bonzi has already tried to do his damage, and on poor tony no less,  if the refs allow this kind of play then why not allow "playoff basketball" to take place.  Are you saying that it is ok for the Spurs to take it from the Hornets rather than DISH it?  Or is this based on the fact that because Bruce is on our team it automatically means that it is ok to do this to our guys?  

It means that with Bruce Bowen on your team, you already HAVE dished it plenty in the past. If the Hornets are getting physical, it has more to do with the established Spurs' physicality that perhaps Byron Scott wants to match. Sort of a complement, if you think about it.

Of course this is why they are playing this way.  However, I don't think the Spurs have brought that game into this series yet.  I stated this after game 1.  If the Hornets wanted to get tough, the Spurs needed to get tougher, hence, the Horry comment.  

And THAT is a fair assessment, though it really makes no sense as to why the Spurs have not taken the physicality up a notch already. What are they waiting for, after three games?

As for Horry, both he and Bonzi suddenly seem less "there" these days, don't you think?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »

When you find your balls, slurker, come on back and try debating with the adults.

I will debate with the adults...you however, despite your years, have not shown adult tendencies.  From my "impartial" point of view you have spent the entire postseason baiting either the Lakers or Spurs fans.  Maybe some insightful analysis of the team you supposedly follow would help you to establish that you deserve to play with the adults.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »
I thought the difference in Game 3 was that no one was helping CP3 with their scoring. David West really disappeared for a while.

The Spurs have not been physical at all in this series, except for a Fabs hip check on Paul that had him flipping in the air.

Spurs responded well with their backs to the wall.  It is up to Scott and NO to figure out how to counteract Manu in the starting line.

Chris Paul is becoming a real star in this series.  Truly unstoppable, and better than Tony Parker by a wide margin. 

NO has a chance to do something if they can get game 4. The Spurs know they can get back to even with a win.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »
If the Hornets are getting physical, it has more to do with the established Spurs' physicality that perhaps Byron Scott wants to match.

Game-Set-Match! . . . .JazzMal!
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 03:57:01 PM »
The Spurs know they can get back to even with a win.

How do YOU know they know that. >:(
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
The Spurs know they can get back to even with a win.

How do YOU know they know that. >:(

Because Minnie Me is a master of the bleeding obvious!
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 04:35:53 PM »

And THAT is a fair assessment, though it really makes no sense as to why the Spurs have not taken the physicality up a notch already. What are they waiting for, after three games?

As for Horry, both he and Bonzi suddenly seem less "there" these days, don't you think?

Maybe because it's hard to take the physical aspect of the game up a notch when your bones are aching from being old?  JoMal how could you miss something you can directly relate to?

All jokes aside I really don't think that guys like Bowen and Horry have the energy to play physical the entire time they are in the game.   Aside from those two who else is really a physical player on the squad?  Parker and Manu certainly are not.  Duncan can take physical punishment but I can't say he really ever dishes it out.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »
Aside from those two who else is really a physical player on the squad?  Parker and Manu certainly are not.  Duncan can take physical punishment but I can't say he really ever dishes it out.

<blink, blink>

'koast, either you're deep into the woo.  Or actively messing with minds . . . which isn't nice, BTW.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 05:13:04 PM »
Aside from those two who else is really a physical player on the squad?  Parker and Manu certainly are not.  Duncan can take physical punishment but I can't say he really ever dishes it out.

<blink, blink>

'koast, either you're deep into the woo.  Or actively messing with minds . . . which isn't nice, BTW.

Why do wussy night elves hide in the shadows  only to jump out to ruin things for others?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 05:18:14 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2008, 05:25:47 PM »
  Maybe some insightful analysis of the team you supposedly follow would help you to establish that you deserve to play with the adults.

Pot = kettle = weak comeback.

Is there some hidden barrier to opening your mind up to progressing beyond the point of debate where you actually address the problems you have in analyzing Spurs games in a way that brings faith in your opinions?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 05:32:45 PM by JazzMal »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2008, 05:31:38 PM »
Maybe because it's hard to take the physical aspect of the game up a notch when your bones are aching from being old?  JoMal how could you miss something you can directly relate to?

All jokes aside I really don't think that guys like Bowen and Horry have the energy to play physical the entire time they are in the game.   Aside from those two who else is really a physical player on the squad?  Parker and Manu certainly are not.  Duncan can take physical punishment but I can't say he really ever dishes it out.

CAN Duncan really take the punishment? He can have some hesitations on occasion as well, which seemed to be the case in both New Orlean home games.

As for my own physical shape, I honestly doubt any of you are physically as strong as me, but hey, you are all still sooooo young, maybe there is hope that someday you too can crush a grape with one hand.