Author Topic: Spurs-Hornets game 3  (Read 10338 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Spurs-Hornets game 3
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »

I agree the hornets play pretty tough.  anybody else notice the elbows CP3 gets away with when he drives in?  Where's Bob Horry when you need him to drop a Nash on CP3?   ;)

That comment is rather hilarious!!

Not that it is not true, but to even suggest it has not been both ways is totally nuts!!

On one of those drives Paul took to the hoop, Bowen was credited with knocking the ball out of bounds, instead of what the replay showed, which was he got all wrist and no ball whatsoever. On a play where Parker blew by Paul and looked to be headed for an easy hoop, Paul reached around Tony and clearly hit the ball out of his hands in a clean defense, but was called for fouling Parker. None of these minor things really matter in the long run, but it cracks me up that the SUGGESTION is even being bothered to be mentioned.

These are not replicas of game six of the Laker/King 2002 playoff's, after all.   :D    :D    :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:54:57 PM by JazzMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »
You have to remember that the Hornets were just barely knocked out from being the best team in the West going into the playoffs. You can't do that, especially this year, with smoke and mirrors. The Spurs had better play perfect basketball or they may find themselves in a 1-3 hole and be done for the year.   

And you should remember this: 56-26.  It is the won-loss record of BOTH the Spurs and Hornets.  NO got the #2 seed on tiebreakers.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 01:08:14 PM »

I agree the hornets play pretty tough.  anybody else notice the elbows CP3 gets away with when he drives in?  Where's Bob Horry when you need him to drop a Nash on CP3?   ;)

Not that it is not true, but to even suggest it has not been both ways is totally nuts!!

On one of those drives Paul took to the hoop, Bowen was credited with knocking the ball out of bounds, instead of what the replay showed, which was he got all hand and no ball whatsoever. On a play where Parker blew by Paul and looked to be headed for an easy hoop, Paul reached around Tony and clearly hit the ball out of his hands in a clean defense, but was called for fouling Parker. None of these minor things really matter in the long run, but it cracks me up that the SUGGESTION is even being bothered to be mentioned.

These are not replicas of game six of the Laker/King 2002 playoff's, after all.   :D    :D    :D

The hand is part of the ball.  So Bowen's swipe was a good play.

CP3 hit Parker's elbow (not part of the ball) and thus why the ref called a foul.  Even the announcers commented on that. 

If you want to get into this argument then explain 3 straight Parker drives at the end of the second quarter and no fouls.  On one the replay clearly show CP3 shoving him in the back.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 01:11:36 PM »
^^ thank you Xs3.  Obvious double standard for Golden Boi Chris Paul vs Tony Parker. 
Include the **traveling** calls on Parker yet Golden Boi travels 60% of the time on his **spectacular** drives to the hoop.

The elbows.  Yes.  Send in the Bob Horry.  Man I'm sick of that pampered puss Chris Paul.  Did you catch his flop of Parker out by the sidelines?  Or better yet, when he tried to duck n cover 1950s style and got up looking for the foul on Fabs.  Paul is getting into Derek Fisher territory and beyond.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 01:20:13 PM »

On one of those drives Paul took to the hoop, Bowen was credited with knocking the ball out of bounds, instead of what the replay showed, which was he got all hand and no ball whatsoever. On a play where Parker blew by Paul and looked to be headed for an easy hoop, Paul reached around Tony and clearly hit the ball out of his hands in a clean defense, but was called for fouling Parker. None of these minor things really matter in the long run, but it cracks me up that the SUGGESTION is even being bothered to be mentioned.

CP3 hit Parker's elbow (not part of the ball) and thus why the ref called a foul.  Even the announcers commented on that. 

If you want to get into this argument then explain 3 straight Parker drives at the end of the second quarter and no fouls.  On one the replay clearly show CP3 shoving him in the back.

To my knowledge you have never, in the entire life of this board, ever acknowledged a foul committed by a Spurs player in a similar situation, but for some reason, look intently at every, single alledged foul committed by opponents.

As an impartial viewerof this particular series, and having viewed both of the plays in regular speed and slow motion replay, the WRIST is NOT part of the hand and therefore not part of the ball and therefore clearly a foul on Bowen, and the ball flew away from Parker because that was what Paul actually hit. If he had hit the elbow, it would have reacted differently. And in both instances, you can clearly see the ref who made the call being shielded from a proper view by the Spurs player.

And I only bring up THESE particular missed calls to counterbalance the ones you are talking about, which I also noticed and wondered why they did not get called on Paul.

The bottom line is, grow up, Lurker. This is playoff basketball and those kinds of either missed calls or ignored fouling actions seems to go the way of the home team, over the coarse of the series.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »

Or the elbow to Tim's gut on this drive inside.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 01:26:50 PM »
Oh, I am not complaining about the refs, but if they want to let CP3 play this way then let horry pop him.  Seems perfectly reasonable to me to let it fly since they want to let things go this way.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 01:44:45 PM »
Oh, I am not complaining about the refs, but if they want to let CP3 play this way then let horry pop him.  Seems perfectly reasonable to me to let it fly since they want to let things go this way.

Okay, fair enough. And based on YOUR logic, then Bowen should be eviserated by Bonzi Wells at some point. Seems perfectly reasonable to me to let it fly since they want to let things go THAT way as well.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 01:56:37 PM »

To my knowledge you have never, in the entire life of this board, ever acknowledged a foul committed by a Spurs player in a similar situation, but for some reason, look intently at every, single alledged foul committed by opponents.

As an impartial viewerof this particular series, and having viewed both of the plays in regular speed and slow motion replay, the WRIST is NOT part of the hand and therefore not part of the ball and therefore clearly a foul on Bowen, and the ball flew away from Parker because that was what Paul actually hit. If he had hit the elbow, it would have reacted differently. And in both instances, you can clearly see the ref who made the call being shielded from a proper view by the Spurs player.

And I only bring up THESE particular missed calls to counterbalance the ones you are talking about, which I also noticed and wondered why they did not get called on Paul.

The bottom line is, grow up, Lurker. This is playoff basketball and those kinds of either missed calls or ignored fouling actions seems to go the way of the home team, over the coarse of the series.

YOU are the one who brought it up.  And yes I watched the replays and it is amazing how you find joy in using Reality's glasses to view things.  I brought up the counter balance and then YOU blame me of bring this up.  Then you have the temerity ro call yourself "impartial".

And in the past what I brought up were obvious errors where 1 team is called for a foul or turnover that the other team gets away with.  But then you focus on total fouls which will never measure the difference that I have brought up.  And now that you are bored wasting California taxpayer dollars you try to stir up trouble here.  At least Reality doesn't represent a total and complete abuse of taxpayer money.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 02:06:45 PM »

Okay, fair enough. And based on YOUR logic, then Bowen should be eviserated by Bonzi Wells at some point. Seems perfectly reasonable to me to let it fly since they want to let things go THAT way as well.

Bonzi has already tried to do his damage, and on poor tony no less,  if the refs allow this kind of play then why not allow "playoff basketball" to take place.  Are you saying that it is ok for the Spurs to take it from the Hornets rather than DISH it?  Or is this based on the fact that because Bruce is on our team it automatically means that it is ok to do this to our guys?  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 02:08:59 PM »
^^ thank you Xs3.  Obvious double standard for Golden Boi Chris Paul vs Tony Parker. 
Include the **traveling** calls on Parker yet Golden Boi travels 60% of the time on his **spectacular** drives to the hoop.

The elbows.  Yes.  Send in the Bob Horry.  Man I'm sick of that pampered puss Chris Paul.  Did you catch his flop of Parker out by the sidelines?  Or better yet, when he tried to duck n cover 1950s style and got up looking for the foul on Fabs.  Paul is getting into Derek Fisher territory and beyond.

60% of the time?  Give me a break.  If Chris Paul travels 60% of the time then Manu travels 80% of the time.  

You know what is funny though.  No mention of Sternfish pulling strings in the shadows to make sure the new NBA star is getting everything in his favor.  I can't believe the thought of the NBA taking it's NBA Cares marketing to a whole new level by being the driving force behind boosting the morale of the people in NO by sending their Golden Boi Chris Paul to the finals never crossed your mind.  Not only would it make the NBA look like its bringing greatness back to NO it would solidify another emerging star along side Lebron James to take over when Duncan, Kobe, T-Mac, Steve Nash, KG, etc start to wind down their careers.

Now I am convinced...the league secretly hates the Spurs and wants Chris Paul to get past them to face another league Golden Boi, Kobe Bryant.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 02:22:54 PM »
^^ did you also miss the story on the boy with cancer and Chris Paul?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »

YOU are the one who brought it up.

I brought up those examples, but NOT the original myopia. SPURSX3 did.

And yes I watched the replays and it is amazing how you find joy in using Reality's glasses to view things.  I brought up the counter balance and then YOU blame me of bring this up.  Then you have the temerity ro call yourself "impartial".

I have the temerity to challenge Spurs posters on how narrowminded they can be? Guilty as charged.

And need I point out that Reality's "glasses" would more likely be used by YOU, a fellow Spurs fan, regarding the viewing of Spurs' games. I guess on that one you clearly forgot because you were so wrapped up in getting another jab in on Reality to forget completely how out-of-text it would be.

But since you brought it up, what a total and utterly pathetic copout to keep bringing in a reference about Reality into discussions over and over again. That is not debating, that is just out and out lazy, and it goes for every other poster who does it. It does not make your argument stronger; it makes it look like you give considerable weight to everything Reality says and does.

And in the past what I brought up were obvious errors where 1 team is called for a foul or turnover that the other team gets away with.  But then you focus on total fouls which will never measure the difference that I have brought up. 

What you have constantly brought up were 'errors' by referees that supposedly went against San Antonio. Frankly, you will need to refresh my memory of those obvious type of errors you brought up where 1 team is called for a foul or turnover that the other team gets away with that affected the other team in a negative way.

But then you say I focus on total fouls which will never measure the difference that you brought up

??? ??? ???

Honestly, I need for you to clear that statement up for me. If I was talking about total fouls, please refresh my memory there. I thought I was talking about missed calls?  

And now that you are bored wasting California taxpayer dollars you try to stir up trouble here.  At least Reality doesn't represent a total and complete abuse of taxpayer money.

Just how dedicated are you in your job, if you waste so much time here? To what degree of respect have you achieved in your field? I have documented prove in mine. Do YOUR clients know how much of their money you waste? Please tell me how it being taxpayers' money makes it any more valuable then the money you earn?

Do you have anything at all useful to say instead of using your idiotic sounding SoCal attack-mode nonsense, expecting me to what, counterattack against Texas? No thanks on that bait. Believe me---BELIEVE ME ------ I can do one hell of a lot better debating with you without resorting to stupid sidetracks.

How odd it is that you actually think I am saying any of this to stir up trouble? What I am trying to accomplish is for you to just recognize how totally assinine it sounds to a non-Spurs fan to constantly hear how abused your three-time championship team has been treated by the referees when YOU HAVE BRUCE BOWEN ON YOUR TEAM!!!

Don't you get it?

Oops!

Now THAT is a statement meant to stir up trouble.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 02:39:12 PM by JazzMal »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »

Bonzi has already tried to do his damage, and on poor tony no less,  if the refs allow this kind of play then why not allow "playoff basketball" to take place.  Are you saying that it is ok for the Spurs to take it from the Hornets rather than DISH it?  Or is this based on the fact that because Bruce is on our team it automatically means that it is ok to do this to our guys?  

It means that with Bruce Bowen on your team, you already HAVE dished it plenty in the past. If the Hornets are getting physical, it has more to do with the established Spurs' physicality that perhaps Byron Scott wants to match. Sort of a complement, if you think about it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »

YOU are the one who brought it up.

I brought up those examples, but NOT the original myopia. SPURSX3 did.

And yes I watched the replays and it is amazing how you find joy in using Reality's glasses to view things.  I brought up the counter balance and then YOU blame me of bring this up.  Then you have the temerity ro call yourself "impartial".

I have the temerity to challenge Spurs posters on how narrowminded they can be? Guilty as charged.

And need I point out that Reality's "glasses" would more likely be used by YOU, a fellow Spurs fan, regarding the viewing of Spurs' games. I guess on that one you clearly forgot because you were so wrapped up in getting another jab in on Reality to forget completely how out-of-text it would be.

But since you brought it up, what a total and utterly pathetic copout to keep bringing in a reference about Reality into discussions over and over again. That is not debating, that is just out and out lazy, and it goes for every other poster who does it. It does not make your argument stronger; it makes it look like you give considerable weight to everything Reality says and does.

And in the past what I brought up were obvious errors where 1 team is called for a foul or turnover that the other team gets away with.  But then you focus on total fouls which will never measure the difference that I have brought up. 

What you have constantly brought up were 'errors' by referees that supposedly went against San Antonio. Frankly, you will need to refresh my memory of those obvious type of errors you brought up where 1 team is called for a foul or turnover that the other team gets away with that affected the other team in a negative way.

But then you say I focus on total fouls which will never measure the difference that you brought up

??? ??? ???

Honestly, I need for you to clear that statement up for me. If I was talking about total fouls, please refresh my memory there. I thought I was talking about missed calls?  

And now that you are bored wasting California taxpayer dollars you try to stir up trouble here.  At least Reality doesn't represent a total and complete abuse of taxpayer money.

Just how dedicated are you in your job, if you waste so much time here? To what degree of respect have you achieved in your field? I have documented prove in mine. Do YOUR clients know how much of their money you waste? Please tell me how it being taxpayers' money makes it any more valuable then the money you earn?

Do you have anything at all useful to say instead of using your idiotic sounding SoCal attack-mode nonsense, expecting me to what, counterattack against Texas? No thanks on that bait. Believe me---BELIEVE ME ------ I can do one hell of a lot better debating with you without resorting to stupid sidetracks.

How odd it is that you actually think I am saying any of this to stir up trouble? What I am trying to accomplish is for you to just recognize how totally assinine it sounds to a non-Spurs fan to constantly hear how abused your three-time championship team has been treated by the referees when YOU HAVE BRUCE BOWEN ON YOUR TEAM!!!

Don't you get it?

Oops!

Now THAT is a statement meant to stir up trouble.

I see now...you only tried to make us think that you joined the Jazz bandwagon.  Actually you are in the little red wagon that Reality pulls behind his tricycle as he is towed behind the Spurs bandwagon.  Now that I know where you are getting your basketball knowledge from it is easier to understand (?) your posts.  Keep up the good work, RealiMal.
-Moody Blues