Author Topic: Laker smugness has returned  (Read 7310 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Laker smugness has returned
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 02:57:46 PM »
I hope that didn't come across as too haughty or know-it-all.

No, not at all.  Now IF Lurker were to make those comments.....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 03:02:15 PM »
I don't see any more trash talk than usual around here.  The Spurs are down, I don't think the Laker folk have made any bad comments, I think they have been pretty calm to be honest.  It could be worse, by I don't think much has changed.  I think everyone is saying the obvious about what's going on with the series so far.  We ARE playing horrible against N.O.  Spurs fans know our team should be playing better, but what can you do, we have seen this happen during the season with some losses that really should not have happenned.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 03:21:08 PM »
Ah, but X3, it is not what they are saying but the attitude that they can jump all over other teams while believing they are on a pre-destined 16-0 romp.  Maybe in Collusion 2008 they are...

And while this is labeled as cry baby or whining it achieved its desired results.  Many of the Laker fans actually stopped to think and wrote some solid comments.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »
  But since I never took a public position on posting with or without a "cry baby attitude" then you calling me hypocritical proves my point that many Laker fans don't post about the game but about the poster, the poster's city, the poster's age, etc.  And IMO that is not an intelligent post.

I....I......I think I might cry......except I might be labelled as having a "cry baby attitude"
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 03:28:53 PM »

Well, you opinion is valued as much as the Reverend Wrights -- that means the same level as Hilary and just down from other people that I really value in my life -- Dennis Rodman, Jesse Jackson, Isaiah Rider and so on.  I hope that didn't come across as too haughty or know-it-all.

In your case, that would be impossible, Randy.

And why are you still here?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 03:35:02 PM »
I don't see any more trash talk than usual around here.  The Spurs are down, I don't think the Laker folk have made any bad comments, I think they have been pretty calm to be honest.  It could be worse, by I don't think much has changed.  I think everyone is saying the obvious about what's going on with the series so far.  We ARE playing horrible against N.O.  Spurs fans know our team should be playing better, but what can you do, we have seen this happen during the season with some losses that really should not have happenned.  

Nut up joto!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 04:24:12 PM »

Nut up joto!

OMG!!  what is JOTO?!  is that like some kind slang term??  OMG!   ::)

LOL!  You would want me to nut up!  I think I gave you one too many teabags in Halo!

;)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 04:52:52 PM »
It's funny that this thread has been read over and over recently.  I've noticed people reading this thread 6 times this week.  What gives?

This was neat:

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 05:02:09 PM »
It's funny that this thread has been read over and over recently.  I've noticed people reading this thread 6 times this week.  What gives?

This was neat:

The hits are probably from Reality searching for "evidence".    ;D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 05:11:44 PM »

This was neat:

The hits are probably from Reality searching for "evidence".    ;D

LOL!  I do find some odd threads being read, somone (Guest) was just reading the "Welcome" thread that Dabods posted when he first switched us from EZBoard to this board.  Another (Guest) was just reading the "Tony Parker top 3 PG" thread that is 8 pages long.

What is strange is that THIS thread was being read several times this week....the title has "Laker smgness" in it and the Lakers are doing well so far so maybe it's just a coincidence....but I'm leaning towards your explaination that it's Reality.  :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 05:13:26 PM »
Could just show up in web searches - i've found old threads on various discussion boards based on a unique combo of words i searched...never all that interesting or useful.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 05:20:57 PM »
Could just show up in web searches - i've found old threads on various discussion boards based on a unique combo of words i searched...never all that interesting or useful.

Back when you were a young pup that was still wet behind the ears you made comments about the brains/humor of the posters on this board...if you were to wade through some of the old threads you'd be in for a shocker....THIS board OWNS!  We likz 2 PWN3D mo-fo's!!!!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 06:15:37 PM »

Back when you were a young pup that was still wet behind the ears you made comments about the brains/humor of the posters on this board...if you were to wade through some of the old threads you'd be in for a shocker....THIS board OWNS!  We likz 2 PWN3D mo-fo's!!!!

We've had some great back and forths on this board.

JoMal/Me
Randy/Lurker
You/Reality

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »
JoMal/Me
Randy/Lurker
You/Reality

Me and . . . oh . . . everybody

. . . except Derek that is, that even-keeled son of a <mmmpph>, who never takes the bait.  Damn you!  Damn you to the flames of a thousand suns.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 11:08:46 PM »
JoMal/Me
Randy/Lurker
You/Reality

Me and . . . oh . . . everybody

. . . except Derek that is, that even-keeled son of a <mmmpph>, who never takes the bait.  Damn you!  Damn you to the flames of a thousand suns.

We expect more of a contribution from you.  You and Ted did some good work today.  If some how you two can keep it up we will add you guys on the list.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com