Author Topic: Laker smugness has returned  (Read 7302 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Laker smugness has returned
« on: May 06, 2008, 11:22:20 AM »
And how horrible it is for this board.  Although other fans show strong loyalty towards their teams and truly believe their team can win, many Laker fans take obstinance (in thier minds "trashtalk") to another level.  It's not only that they believe in their team and talk them up but they feel the need to trash everyone else's opinions and come off as haughty know-it-alls.

What a shame...it many ways this board was better when the Lakers were one and dones.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Laker smugness has returned
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »
This prompted out of frustration of Randy pointing out the Spurs are in bad shape?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »
And how horrible it is for this board.  Although other fans show strong loyalty towards their teams and truly believe their team can win, many Laker fans take obstinance (in thier minds "trashtalk") to another level.  It's not only that they believe in their team and talk them up but they feel the need to trash everyone else's opinions and come off as haughty know-it-alls.

What a shame...it many ways this board was better when the Lakers were one and dones.

LOL!  I guess Lurker prefers it when Reality, a loyal Spurs fan, dominates the board.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 11:45:12 AM »
No I prefer intelligent discussion...which from LALA land limits it to just a couple posters.  And unfortunately they don't post enough.

And it has more to do with the opinions on the Lakers as much as any other team.  That smug inevitableness that the Lakers will win the championship and no respect for their opponents.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 11:48:14 AM »
No I prefer intelligent discussion...which from LALA land limits it to just a couple posters.  And unfortunately they don't post enough.

I like intelligent posting as well, especially when it's NOT accompanied by a hypocritical cry baby attitude.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »

I like intelligent posting as well, especially when it's NOT accompanied by a hypocritical cry baby attitude.

Obviously only from the reading point of view.  Because over the past few days I have seen little evidence to the contrary in your posts.

And even if my attitude is cry baby (obviously it is in YOUR opinion) it can't be labeled hypocritical unless I have taken a stand decrying posters with that attitude.  But I don't believe I ever took a stand one way or the other regarding a "cry baby attitude" so there is no way for you to determine if I am hypocritical in my attitude since you don't where I stand.  If, for example, I were to say that believe posting from a "cry baby attitude" was a detriment to the board and should not be tolerated then I posted using a "cry baby attitude" you could call me hypocritical.  But since I never took a public position on posting with or without a "cry baby attitude" then you calling me hypocritical proves my point that many Laker fans don't post about the game but about the poster, the poster's city, the poster's age, etc.  And IMO that is not an intelligent post.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 12:28:44 PM »

Obviously only from the reading point of view.  Because over the past few days I have seen little evidence to the contrary in your posts.

And even if my attitude is cry baby (obviously it is in YOUR opinion) it can't be labeled hypocritical unless I have taken a stand decrying posters with that attitude.  But I don't believe I ever took a stand one way or the other regarding a "cry baby attitude" so there is no way for you to determine if I am hypocritical in my attitude since you don't where I stand.  If, for example, I were to say that believe posting from a "cry baby attitude" was a detriment to the board and should not be tolerated then I posted using a "cry baby attitude" you could call me hypocritical.  But since I never took a public position on posting with or without a "cry baby attitude" then you calling me hypocritical proves my point that many Laker fans don't post about the game but about the poster, the poster's city, the poster's age, etc.  And IMO that is not an intelligent post.

I guess my post was not clear.  Hypocritical in that you have bashed and baited as well and that it seems to only cross the line when it is directed at your team.  Cry baby in the way you post when you feel you or your team gets dissed.  I could not begin to imagine what you would do if Reality was really a Laker fan and directed his love/hate obsession on the Spurs they way he goes after the Lakers.  Have I really been that bad with the Sp*rs this playoff run?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »
You know, it's really funny that you are struggling with a little smack talk -- do we need to look back at the smack that you have talked with the Lakers in the past?  

Also, I don't notice you crying about the smack that Reality types EVERY SINGLE DAY here about the Lakers.  You actually jump in at times when you find it to your liking.

"feel the need to trash everyone else's opinions and come off as haughty know-it-alls" -- ever wonder if these words could be used to describe you in the past?

Why would my trash-talking about your "believing" in your team hurt your sensitive feelings?  Or is it because you really don't believe in your team?  Actually, I would be rather surprised -- even astonished if a words in a post could really make you quite believing in your team.  You certainly couldn't say anything to keep me from believing in the Lakers -- even last year when they were 1 and done.  True fans are fans of a team in spite of their record -- and EVERY team is going to go through a rebuilding stage -- if you don't believe that then you are fooling yourself.

It's just funny to me, after all the smack that you have talked in the past, that you are suddenly upset by what I said.  

I was having fun with you -- I really wasn't trying to hurt your feelings.  Just giving some back of what you have dished out in the past.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 12:46:23 PM »
What's funny is that I called out no names but if the shoe fits...

Also I do not seem to be the only one with this "affliction"...all it takes is reading the past week's posts.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »
What's funny is that I called out no names but if the shoe fits...

And some how you still cry.........this is exactly what I was referring to.  Little beeyotch!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 01:12:30 PM »
Actually, I would be rather surprised -- even astonished if a words in a post could really make you quite believing in your team.

Give Lurker credit for not running away when times get tough for his team, only to come back hours after his team was the recipient of the biggest gift in decades.  Somebody else did that, can't remember who?

Shows amazing devotion.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »
Actually, I would be rather surprised -- even astonished if a words in a post could really make you quite believing in your team.

Give Lurker credit for not running away when times get tough for his team, only to come back hours after his team was the recipient of the biggest gift in decades.  Somebody else did that, can't remember who?

Shows amazing devotion.

SAY IT!  That is a "doh!" followed by "ownage" if I ever saw one!

FYI, Lurker took a break after the Spurs were bashed too much on this board.  I took a break cause I made too many people cry on the board.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »

Shows amazing devotion.

Point well taken -- but it wasn't Lurker who ran me off the board.  It was the idiocracy of Reality -- I just got really tired of it.  It amazes me that everyone wants to hold others to task with the exception of Reality -- he seems to get a blank check with the exception of Laker fans.  I will say that the day the board said they didn't want me here, would be my last day of posting. 

I actually wouldn't want to run Lurker off the board -- I have enjoyed trading barbs with him -- probably more than any other poster on this board.  It's kind of like the Lakers/Spurs competition -- I enjoy watching them -- of course, I enjoy it more when the Lakers win than when they lose.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 01:30:02 PM »

Shows amazing devotion.

Point well taken -- but it wasn't Lurker who ran me off the board.  It was the idiocracy of Reality -- I just got really tired of it.  It amazes me that everyone wants to hold others to task with the exception of Reality -- he seems to get a blank check with the exception of Laker fans.  I will say that the day the board said they didn't want me here, would be my last day of posting. 

I actually wouldn't want to run Lurker off the board -- I have enjoyed trading barbs with him -- probably more than any other poster on this board.  It's kind of like the Lakers/Spurs competition -- I enjoy watching them -- of course, I enjoy it more when the Lakers win than when they lose.

I don't want you here!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 02:04:44 PM »

Shows amazing devotion.

I don't want you here!

Well, you opinion is valued as much as the Reverend Wrights -- that means the same level as Hilary and just down from other people that I really value in my life -- Dennis Rodman, Jesse Jackson, Isaiah Rider and so on.  I hope that didn't come across as too haughty or know-it-all.