Author Topic: Wow...still no threads about Kobe getting the MVP?  (Read 16679 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Wow...still no threads about Kobe getting the MVP?
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2008, 03:32:44 PM »
Writing is not the end all be all
Nowhere did I say Kobe was better then Duncan or Garnett.

It's "be all, end all", not only can you not write, you're dyslexic as well.

The "then" in the second quote is in its incorrect form, "then" is used for continuation of thought. "THAN" is contrasting, or comparative, and is the form of the word you should have used. These 2 examples are but microcosms of the abortions in writing skills you use on this board.

If you had half the debating skills jOLDmal had (I happen to have half again more than he does, because I am full of Laker smugness), you would realize that he has NO ROOM to talk when it comes to correcting anyone on this board with regard to spelling or grammar, and would have stooped to his level to turn his sarcasm and twisting right back at him, indeed, only WOW is worse (to the power of 10) than you and to a lesser degree jOLDmal. Therein lies the problem, to be an effective debater, you'd better come correct in your sentence structure and reasoning points, otherwise you come across like a ranting fool, and we already have one of those here, the one riding the Spurs wagon, much to Lurker and X3's chagrin.

jOLDmal, I see why you felt the need to slap down our enthusiastic if somewhat obtuse fellow Laker fan and you are certainly welcome to do so, but I might suggest you pursue a different methodology, say, your impressive basketball knowledge, leave the spelling and grammar to someone else who DOESN?T butcher the written word.

You both may now return to your regularly scheduled PMS driven girl fight.

Too bad you can not figure out how to use the "Quote" feature.  It's also neat how you ran away from your own typos in another thread.  Carry on 2nd string, let the 1st string debaters continue in another thread.

Enjoy your one little victory in this arena WOW, you shan't have another, stick to basketball, where your marginal knowledge is at least somewaht entertaining, because when it comes to debate on this subject, you are unarmed, truly a mental midget among intellectual giants.

Girly fight! Girly fight!

Oops! Did I plagarize that from others working this thread?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2008, 03:35:22 PM »
Enjoy your one little victory in this arena WOW, you shan't have another, stick to basketball, where your marginal knowledge is at least somewaht entertaining, because when it comes to debate on this subject, you are unarmed, truly a mental midget among intellectual giants.

Holy cow, Dark Knight!

A run-on sentence with a word (shan't = contraction for sha not I guess) that is a colloquialism at best and a misspelling (somewaht).

;)

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »

Too bad you can not figure out how to use the "Quote" feature.  It's also neat how you ran away from your own typos in another thread.  Carry on 2nd string, let the 1st string debaters continue in another thread.

When it comes to spelling and grammar no doubt, but you are far from a superior debater.  Let me know if you need any help with the technological "wonders" on this BBS.

Carry on 2nd string. 

Are you claiming to be better, WOW?  Does that make you the board's masterbater?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »

Holy cow, Dark Knight!

A run-on sentence with a word (shan't = contraction for sha not I guess) that is a colloquialism at best and a misspelling (somewaht).

;)

STOP IT!  He might go Reality on us and disappear in the face of defeat.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »

When it comes to spelling and grammar no doubt, but you are far from a superior debater.  Let me know if you need any help with the technological "wonders" on this BBS.

Carry on 2nd string. 

Are you claiming to be better, WOW?  Does that make you the board's masterbater?

I would prefer masterbaiter but despite my uber-Kobe-arrogance, I cannot make that statement with JoldMal still hanging on to life like some Jurrasic beast and making appearances on this board.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2008, 03:45:17 PM »
I am far from a mechanic.  That is like saying you 'count' for a living LOL!!  I am the slow one but you think an electronic data management system for an enterprise somehow includes cleaning spyware off your computer.   Not that I expect an old timer to understand technology.  I'd like to point out the clear difference between a help desk person and a technical consultant but hay why bother!

Technical Consultant = "Next -> Next -> Next -> Next -> Finish" 

You wouldn't know an octet if it jumped up and bit you on your subnet.

LOL!

We can battle WOW...anytime you want to get down.  (I forgot what industry the company you work for is in)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2008, 03:46:06 PM »

Holy cow, Dark Knight!

;)

A contraction of shall not Lurker, pity you could not even get that right. A less than 2 line sentence with punctuation and you call it a run on? What do they teach you boys down in Texas?
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »
I am far from a mechanic.  That is like saying you 'count' for a living LOL!!  I am the slow one but you think an electronic data management system for an enterprise somehow includes cleaning spyware off your computer.   Not that I expect an old timer to understand technology.  I'd like to point out the clear difference between a help desk person and a technical consultant but hay why bother!

Technical Consultant = "Next -> Next -> Next -> Next -> Finish" 

You wouldn't know an octet if it jumped up and bit you on your subnet.

LOL!

We can battle WOW...anytime you want to get down.  (I forgot what industry the company you work for is in)

Automation.  From production floor to corporate enterprise and everything in between (machine code to C#).
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »

Holy cow, Dark Knight!

;)

STOP IT!  He might go Reality on us and disappear in the face of defeat.

I just might do that, as soon as there is a worthy opponent capable of such a feat, I do know YOU will certainly never be such a threat, I doubt you can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Was that too long a sentence Lurker? Or should I break them down to 2-3 word grunts and growls so your Texas educated "brain" can fathom the depth of my wisdom? Or is it Laker arrogance?

Wow, when we don't have our little brain dead moron around to beat up on because he is hiding under mommies bed, we sure turn on each other like rabid dogs!
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2008, 04:05:06 PM »

Holy cow, Dark Knight!

;)

A contraction of shall not Lurker, pity you could not even get that right. A less than 2 line sentence with punctuation and you call it a run on? What do they teach you boys down in Texas?

I can't speak for Texas as my education came from another state, Dan.  But, for one thing, I was taught that you put a comma between the statement and the name of the person being addressed (shall not, Lurker).     ;)

Also I was taught that the length of the sentence doesn't determine whether it is a run-on sentence or not.  Rather it is the number of phrases and their relation to each other as well as the continuity of thought transmitted.  As it appears that you are trying to slap down another poster, comment on their marginal basketball knowledge and berate their ability to debate; I would say that your statement contained too many different topics for one sentence.

And, at least back in the stone age when I attended elementary school, shan't was grouped with ain't as contractions that were not used in proper English.  Which is why I called it a colloquialism and not an improper word.  The "sha not" part was just a poking in the ribs sort of thing.

And this about all I will comment on spelling, punctuation and the use of proper grammar.  I try not to make too many errors and usually re-read my posts first to catch as much as possible but I will never, ever claim to be fully qualified to debate the use or misuse of proper grammar.  And I could be fully wrong about how some of the usages are in today's language since the English language is a living, growing thing.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2008, 04:10:37 PM »
Was that too long a sentence Lurker? Or should I break them down to 2-3 word grunts and growls so your Texas educated "brain" can fathom the depth of my wisdom? Or is it Laker arrogance?

Well, Laker Fan, I probably would ask you to break down your sentences if I were Texas educated.  And just assuming I am Texas educated (and that it is worse than, say, a California one) does come off as a little arrogant.  As far as the depth of your wisdom...let's just say that all of us have some shallow spots in out pools of wisdom.

Wow, when we don't have our little brain dead moron around to beat up on because he is hiding under mommies bed, we sure turn on each other like rabid dogs!

And this surprises you because...
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2008, 04:22:44 PM »

As far as the depth of your wisdom...let's just say that all of us have some shallow spots in out pools of wisdom.

Touche' Lurker, touche'. I might add that some of us are in the middle of a drought.
Dan

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2008, 04:55:33 PM »

I was taught that you put a comma between the statement and the name of the person being addressed (shall not, Lurker).     ;)

Also I was taught that the length of the sentence doesn't determine whether it is a run-on sentence or not.  Rather it is the number of phrases and their relation to each other as well as the continuity of thought transmitted.  As it appears that you are trying to slap down another poster, comment on their marginal basketball knowledge and berate their ability to debate; I would say that your statement contained too many different topics for one sentence.

Actually, all topics within the scope of the sentence were germane to one another relative to the subject matter, so comma's and semi-colon's were really all that was necessary for the flow and continuity of the sentence to be correctly structured. However, I could have used a semi-colon rather than a comma between "another" and "stick", as it is a hard pause to introduce another point within the scope of the sentence. I also misspelled somewhat, I can't believe you missed it.

As far as "shan't" being akin to "ain't", I could not disagree more, "shan't" is a legitimate contraction of 2 words, "ain't" is no such thing, it is an abhorrent non-word used by common people who choose to continue mired in the commonplace, therefore, your point holds no value. Your describing it as a colloquialism carries more weight, only in that in the lost art of the English language, such a beautifully artistic contraction has fallen into disuse on this side of the pond, it is not the case conversely. It is however, hardly an incorrect contraction, it is completely proper.

You do have me dead to rights on neglecting to place a comma between the statement and the proper name addressee, I stand humbled before your discerning eye.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:01:30 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2008, 05:50:09 PM »
I shat a glance at my computer screen and shat my pants in awe of the combined insight of Lurker Fan. I shan't be shatting my pants again, as I plan to have my old sphincter replaced and make it shatproof.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2008, 06:11:47 PM »
It?s Hollywood, it?s a movie script. <which I, of course will be selling to the highest bidder soon, and, of course, I will star in it> The perfect ending would be for <me> to hold a championship trophy at the end of <the movie, with my teammates kissing my sweaty sneakers.>

This is an award I have won on my own. I can?t thank these guys (his teammates) <for any of it>. These are my <peons>, these are my <support cast>. Let?s get ready for <more TV interviews> tomorrow.

I don?t know anybody who?s ever deserved this trophy more <then me>. I don?t know anybody who?s ever worked as hard to accomplish what I've done, except, maybe westkoast when plugging in a computer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuCXhI9rO7yRcDR4IYv1D6U5nYcB?slug=ap-mvp-bryant&prov=ap&type=lgns