Author Topic: Wow...still no threads about Kobe getting the MVP?  (Read 16678 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Wow...still no threads about Kobe getting the MVP?
« on: May 05, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »
Kind of confused on how all negative things Laker get posted quite quickly but not a single mention of Kobe getting the MVP. 

You don't have to like him as a person.  You don't have to like the team he's on.  You don't have to bow to him after scoring 81 in a regular season game.  You DO have respect his work ethic, commitment, and his killer instinct on the court.   After being the driving force about integrating Pau Gasol to perfection, playing through injuries to a lot of key players (including his own injury), and leading his squad to the best record in the toughest conference we've seen in quite some time he def deserves it.

CP3 should get an honorable mention and if there was a way to share the trophy I think it would be cool to see CP3 and Kobe get it together.  Both deserve it.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wow...still no threads about Kobe getting the MVP?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »
CP3 has had a great year but Kobe deserves the MVP.  Not only has he answered all his critics by becoming the leader of this team and making his teammates better but he led the Lakers to the best record in the toughest Western Conference (or any conference line-up) ever -- and he did it while the Lakers faced a TON of injuries -- major injuries to key starters and players and yet still managed to lead the Lakers to the best record in the NBA.  No other top team in the league struggled with the kind of injury problems the Lakers faced and Kobe is the reason why they were the first seed in the WC. 

Kobe has worked hard through the regular season and through the playoffs to get his teammates involved -- but also taking over the game when needed. 

He deserved the MVP.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 10:22:09 AM »
I kind of expected it.  It was cool to see him get it on his own instead of the whole co-mvp thing, but it did not come as a shock to me.  He deserved it.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 10:27:54 AM »
Kobe keeps on setting records like his 23 FTAs vs Jazz yesterday.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 10:29:17 AM »
I haven't commented because it is just a rumor at this point.  We won't know for sure until next week.  IMO he deserves it this year, finally becomming a true leader really helps but being the BEST player in the league has alot to do with it as well.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:06:43 AM »
I haven't commented because it is just a rumor at this point.  We won't know for sure until next week.  IMO he deserves it this year, finally becomming a true leader really helps but being the BEST player in the league has alot to do with it as well.

More then just a rumor.  He received an email confirming it and just about every single major sports outlet has said he will get the award before Wednesday's game.

Reality little buddy let's stay on topic.   If you want to debate about something so dumb (and pretty much unwarranted cuz he was going hard to the rack) make a new thread about it.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »

More then just a rumor.  He received an email confirming it and just about every single major sports outlet has said he will get the award before Wednesday's game.

Reality little buddy let's stay on topic.   If you want to debate about something so dumb (and pretty much unwarranted cuz he was going hard to the rack) make a new thread about it.

Check your sources wk, the email was to confirm that the L.A. Times was going to run the story.  NO word from the NBA, that means its a rumor.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »
WOW, it leaks every year.  The media all vote and they know who the winner is prior to the NBA's "official" announcement.  A media member always spills the beans early.   It's a done deal. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »
WOW, it leaks every year.  The media all vote and they know who the winner is prior to the NBA's "official" announcement.  A media member always spills the beans early.   It's a done deal. 

I am not disagreeing, just pointing out to WK that it is NOT official as he seems to think.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 11:40:53 AM »

I am not disagreeing, just pointing out to WK that it is NOT official as he seems to think.

You're a real ballbuster aren't ya?   ;)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 11:43:47 AM »
WoW your Laker House brothers have been working 'round the clock sprucing up The Laker House in anticipation of Weds "Kobe Kobe Kobe" celebration.  I think you should be a little more sensitive and stop being so letter of the law technical and "ballbusting" as msc referred to.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 11:52:04 AM »

Just trying to keep wk out of Realityville where voices in your head are "official inside sources". ;)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »
Lol in that case WOW its still more then a rumor.  So much for we won't know till next week.  He'll get the award in 2 days "officially"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 12:02:08 PM »
They leaked all the other awards early -- they have all proved to be correct.  This is a done deal -- it's not like this is coming from Peter Vecsey or something.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 12:06:21 PM »

Just trying to keep wk out of Realityville where voices in your head are "official inside sources". ;)
That always come true.
 :D :D Owned.