Author Topic: To what extent is SuperManu injured?  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
To what extent is SuperManu injured?
« on: April 30, 2008, 12:26:21 PM »
Obviously missing his ususal burst, GNobs groin injury will now have until Satarday to heal for the Hornets game.  But is SuperGnob going to be 80% or less from here on out?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: To what extent is SuperManu injured?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 12:29:41 PM »
Oh that's the excuse for last night's poor shooting and pathetic defense?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 12:31:40 PM »
No it was that tough Phx D of Shaq.
Moron.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 12:32:35 PM »
No it was that tough Phx D of Shaq.
Moron.

Shaq wasn't guarding Manu nor was even in the area when Manu was shooting.

Manu is not super, drop the stupid nick name.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 12:33:23 PM »
it's ok to have a bad night, just call it what it was...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 12:37:49 PM »
it's ok to have a bad night, just call it what it was...

THANK YOU@#@)*#@$(#*$@)*#$

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 12:38:08 PM »
^^ are you aware GNob is battling a groin injury.
You think he looked the same as always? ???

I have no problem with GNob having bad nights, it happens.  But his groin is whacked.
edit.  This was intended for SpursXs 3.  I see westkoast is camped over his pc between coffee servings, rejoicing that Xs3 agreed with him. :D ;)

Nice mocha, 'Rad.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 12:39:25 PM »
^^ are you aware GNob is battling a groin injury.
You think he looked the same as always? ???

I have no problem with GNob having bad nights, it happens.  But his groin is whacked.

Didn't seem to be an issue in game 1, 2 or 3.

Stop making excuses...he did his typical Casper ghost job of not being seen for games in a series. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 03:00:31 PM »
Lest there be any intelligent lurkers paroozing the board:

Inside the locker room sources say:
Tony and Manu played the last series really banged up. Manu - ankle, groin and bumps and bruises. Tony - toe, calf, ribs and bumps and bruises. That's why I said yesterday that the key to the Hornets series is Will Sevening.

(Will Sevening being the Spurs trainer and massuse, injury repair extraordinaire.)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »
Are you already making excuses for the Spurs? Some fan you are.

I hate to break this to you but there are a number of players that continue to play while hurt.  Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett come to mind.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »
It's hilarious -- Manu has a bad game and it's all about injuries!  It's funny when you quote "locker room sources" when you really should be saying "I'm making all this crap up and calling it my locker room source."  If Manu wasn't healthy enough to play, Pop wouldn't have played him.  Everybody plays with injuries -- Kobe was told to have surgury on his hand, Fish is playing hurt -- tons of people who aren't a Laker or a Spur.  It's truly hilarious when you come on here to post that Manu is injured after EVERY bad game he has.  It's a good thing that Manu isn't required to carry the Spurs, isn't it?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »
It's a good thing that Manu isn't required to carry the Spurs, isn't it?
Yes it is a good thing.  The Spurs are a TEAM that doesn't need the same person to carry them every single frickin' game.  Unlike the Purple and Gold steam roller that will wipe the Spurs out in the WCF and sweep the Celtics.

Sorry about that last statement, I have been reading too many other boards - has anyone noticed that every series has Laker posters jumping in every thread saying how the Lakers will wipe out all comers.  The really funny ones are the ones who say the Spurs will be lucky to get past NO then the Lakers will wipe them out...and when someone points out that the Lakers have another series they say no one can beat them.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 03:42:13 PM »
It's hilarious -- Manu has a bad game and it's all about injuries!  It's funny when you quote "locker room sources" when you really should be saying "I'm making all this crap up and calling it my locker room source."  If Manu wasn't healthy enough to play, Pop wouldn't have played him.  Everybody plays with injuries -- Kobe was told to have surgury on his hand, Fish is playing hurt -- tons of people who aren't a Laker or a Spur.  It's truly hilarious when you come on here to post that Manu is injured after EVERY bad game he has.  It's a good thing that Manu isn't required to carry the Spurs, isn't it?
Randall Loiuse!  We've had this conversation before and I owned you.  Kori Ellis, WOAI San Antonio.
Use this as a default answer if you want to attempt to schmear again.

And you were on such an honesty roll with your fessing up to missed predictions.... :-\

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 03:44:28 PM »
^^ had you and Koastal even watched the game, you would see Manu had no burst, moving slowly with or without ball.  I would have said the same thing in a game whereupon Manu had his customary near triple double.  But he is hobbled, it's obvious to objective true NBA observers and RealSpurs. ;)

As to Kobester playing hurt, good for him.  I believe it.  If Kobe says it's his sore pinky that causes his missed 27th FTA in an upcoming game vs the Spurs whereupon they Spurs shoot 14 FTs as a team, I will believe him.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:46:21 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 04:04:50 PM »
^^ had you and Koastal even watched the game, you would see Manu had no burst, moving slowly with or without ball.  I would have said the same thing in a game whereupon Manu had his customary near triple double.  But he is hobbled, it's obvious to objective true NBA observers and RealSpurs. ;)

As to Kobester playing hurt, good for him.  I believe it.  If Kobe says it's his sore pinky that causes his missed 27th FTA in an upcoming game vs the Spurs whereupon they Spurs shoot 14 FTs as a team, I will believe him.

I watched the entire game idiot.  Kind of hard to pay attention to a player when hes either 1) not on the floor due to foul trouble or 2) is not making an impact on the game on the offensive end.  He drove perfectly fine to me...only difference is he wasn't hitting shots.  Maybe on your rainbow dish network they give you a MANU-CAM where you focus in on him and only him.  For the rest of us, he did his typical ghost move.

And you can't blame the poor game on his groin...blame it on being in foul trouble.