Author Topic: To what extent is SuperManu injured?  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: To what extent is SuperManu injured?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 02:39:40 PM »
Nope.  See also post on how Poppycock most definitely did make adjustments for Gm 3.  Went away from 4 Dumb (i documented) as well as having Manu run the point for a good spell.  Result?  GNob 16 pts 1st half.

A blind and deaf person could do a better analysis than you.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 02:40:36 PM »
And i stated in another post i never doubted Kobsters injury one bit.  Now if you can get your cousins to provide XRays and photos from Swishers alleged injury, that will be something.

I guess I missed where you posted the x-rays of Manu's injury.  Manu's injury is a fake story his PR people put out there, not one single doctor has gone on the record to say Manu is really hurt.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 03:18:59 PM »
http://my.lakers.com/blogs/2008/03/28/derek-fisher-injures-foot/

http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker.com/default.aspx?s=nba-news-display&nid=A9406931206800041A

http://www.hoopsfantasy.com/derek-fisher-injury-info/

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/29/derek-fisher-has-torn-tendon-in-his-foot-will-not-miss-6-8-week/

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3318632

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=3318609

OWNED!

Phhsssh, whatever WOW.  Ric Bucher said Derek Fisher is fine and playing at 100.4%. 

Reality, to question Fish's injury is either ignorant or plain stupid.  You can call him a flopper and all that good stuff, but this guy is one tough sob and has always played through injury until he absolutely can't go.  We're not talking about Shaq here with a hangnail on his big toe. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »
Nope.  See also post on how Poppycock most definitely did make adjustments for Gm 3.  Went away from 4 Dumb (i documented) as well as having Manu run the point for a good spell.  Result?  GNob 16 pts 1st half.

Not gonna address it are ya?  Doesn't support your PopLove and ascertion that no adjustments were made  ::)

Defining the following as:
1. 4down, defined as any play that put Duncan on the low block, gave him an entry pass, and resulted in a double by the Hornets.

2. Pick and roll, pretty self explanatory. Think all of these but one were run on the side, not up high.

3. All others, either set inbounds plays or variations on a motion offense or give and go type stuff the Spurs run from time to time.

The stats....

First half:

4down: run 8 times, resulted in three baskets and one trip to the FT line for Tim (he made 1-2). 50% scoring rate.

Pick and roll: run 20 times, resulted in 13 baskets (65% scoring rate)

All others: run 8 times, resulting in 5 baskets (62.5% success rate for buckets).

The above numbers do not include turnovers in transition before a play could be determined or the first roughly 4 minutes of the first quarter.

Fourth quarter:

4down: run five times, resulting in one basket (Bowen three pointer). (20% success rate).

Pick and roll: run 6 times, resulting in 4 scores (67% success)

All others: 11 plays, resulting in 5 baskets (45% success rate).

--------------------------------------

Numbers from third not available at press time, from what I remember it was heavy on the pick and roll and a little of the flex as well and was working good for us.

The point being, we went away from Duncan on the low block so much tonight, and shredded NO with the pick and roll (in quarters 1,2, and 4 we basically scored on 17 of 26 trips we ran it - that's 65% of the time we got a bucket or two points at the FT line).
NO seems intent on the hard double on Tim every trip, but their defense is much more porous against the pick and roll, and contrary to some opinions that they would just pack it in the lane and make us shoot, Spurs actually got quite a few looks in the lane tonight.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
Add Deron Williams to the list of injured players still getting it done in the playoffs...
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2008, 06:58:28 AM »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2008, 09:31:07 AM »

Not gonna address it are ya?  Doesn't support your PopLove and ascertion that no adjustments were made  ::)

Defining the following as:
1. 4down, defined as any play that put Duncan on the low block, gave him an entry pass, and resulted in a double by the Hornets.

2. Pick and roll, pretty self explanatory. Think all of these but one were run on the side, not up high.

3. All others, either set inbounds plays or variations on a motion offense or give and go type stuff the Spurs run from time to time.

The stats....

First half:

4down: run 8 times, resulted in three baskets and one trip to the FT line for Tim (he made 1-2). 50% scoring rate.

Pick and roll: run 20 times, resulted in 13 baskets (65% scoring rate)

All others: run 8 times, resulting in 5 baskets (62.5% success rate for buckets).

The above numbers do not include turnovers in transition before a play could be determined or the first roughly 4 minutes of the first quarter.

Fourth quarter:

4down: run five times, resulting in one basket (Bowen three pointer). (20% success rate).

Pick and roll: run 6 times, resulting in 4 scores (67% success)

All others: 11 plays, resulting in 5 baskets (45% success rate).

--------------------------------------

Numbers from third not available at press time, from what I remember it was heavy on the pick and roll and a little of the flex as well and was working good for us.

The point being, we went away from Duncan on the low block so much tonight, and shredded NO with the pick and roll (in quarters 1,2, and 4 we basically scored on 17 of 26 trips we ran it - that's 65% of the time we got a bucket or two points at the FT line).
NO seems intent on the hard double on Tim every trip, but their defense is much more porous against the pick and roll, and contrary to some opinions that they would just pack it in the lane and make us shoot, Spurs actually got quite a few looks in the lane tonight.

How did a thread about Manu's injury status turn into you supporting Pop's coaching?  Or do you believe the players ignored Pop and made the changes theirselves?  Maybe you could explain how Pop-a-cement changed into Pop-an-adjustment?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »
Here is another player who might be able to play thru his condition.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA050908.06C.BKNspurs.notebook.3519f82.html

I guess that further supports Manu being a choker and not injured.  TD had one bad game battling illness, Manu's injuries seem to get better when he's play at home.  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2008, 11:54:59 AM »
Manu did poorly on the road in NO -- which is really kind of weird since he has been a better road player than he has been on home.  Manu has always been a fierce competitor but the look on his face in NO didn't display that.  I'm glad he got that look back.

Also, you could tell he was hurting in game #3 -- he grimaced every time he landed on that ankle -- we never saw that look in game #1 or #2 -- it was a totally different look in games 1 and 2.

Every player has a bad game -- look at Kobe last night.  However, no matter how bad your game was, you can't look whipped -- you can't even THINK you are whipped.

Reality just makes excuses -- it's a real problem with bandwagon fans -- they are less objective than real fans (which is an amazing thought when you consider Lurker's lack of objectivity as a Spurs fan).  A bandwagon fan can't be wrong because it goes against the whole purpose of a bandwagon fan -- the opportunity to say "I'm right" -- "my team is the best" -- or my personal favorite "my teams the bomb" or "Kobe is the bomb" -- if I had a penny for everytime I heard that after the Lakers 3-peat by bandwagon fans, I would be a rich man!).  What bandwagon fans never realize is the joy of watching your team excel after watching them struggle and/or rebuild.  It makes victory that much sweeter!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2008, 12:18:38 PM »
How did a thread about Manu's injury status turn into you supporting Pop's coaching?  Or do you believe the players ignored Pop and made the changes theirselves?  Maybe you could explain how Pop-a-cement changed into Pop-an-adjustment?
  You skirted off from the other thread.  So since you brought it up here again, i thought wherever you might be willing to address it.