Author Topic: Shaq as classy as ever!  (Read 4756 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shaq as classy as ever!
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »
The verbal sparring between center Shaquille O'Neal and Heat coach Pat Riley continued Thursday, with Suns president Steve Kerr jumping into the fray.Riley said Thursday he received a call from Kerr, and they expressed remorse for comments O'Neal made in recent days about his former team. Riley said the team would move forward and no longer address O'Neal's criticism -- but not before he fired one more shot back. Riley's comments were in response to O'Neal criticism that has gone on for more than a week. O'Neal ripped the Heat's medical staff in a Sports Illustrated article last week, when he questioned the treatment he received for his ailing left knee and hip earlier this season. He also reportedly blasted Riley and Heat players in a Boston Globe article on Wednesday.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »
The verbal sparring between center Shaquille O'Neal and Heat coach Pat Riley continued Thursday, with Suns president Steve Kerr jumping into the fray.Riley said Thursday he received a call from Kerr, and they expressed remorse for comments O'Neal made in recent days about his former team. Riley said the team would move forward and no longer address O'Neal's criticism -- but not before he fired one more shot back. Riley's comments were in response to O'Neal criticism that has gone on for more than a week. O'Neal ripped the Heat's medical staff in a Sports Illustrated article last week, when he questioned the treatment he received for his ailing left knee and hip earlier this season. He also reportedly blasted Riley and Heat players in a Boston Globe article on Wednesday.

Did the article mention what the "fired one more shot back" was from Riley?  I read a quote from Riley but it did not seem to take a shot at Shaq, more like Riley took a shot at the old role players the Heat acquired.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 02:21:18 PM »

Did the article mention what the "fired one more shot back" was from Riley?  I read a quote from Riley but it did not seem to take a shot at Shaq, more like Riley took a shot at the old role players the Heat acquired.

Nope it didn't and I was wondering the same thing.  I've never seen Riley take a real shot at Shaq.  He mentioned slimming down last year but that was it.  Not even a shot if you ask me.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2008, 02:28:32 PM »

Nope it didn't and I was wondering the same thing.  I've never seen Riley take a real shot at Shaq.  He mentioned slimming down last year but that was it.  Not even a shot if you ask me.

Shaq took a nasty shot at at least two of his former Miami teammates (Chris Quinn and Ricky Davis) who he belittled by saying the Heat forced him to play with these guys. "These Guys" were probably exhausted most of the time because they had to carry the Shaq carcass around the basketball court every game.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »
Shaq took a nasty shot at at least two of his former Miami teammates (Chris Quinn and Ricky Davis) who he belittled by saying the Heat forced him to play with these guys. "These Guys" were probably exhausted most of the time because they had to carry the Shaq carcass around the basketball court every game.

Touche' JoMal, if anyone should have been taking shots, the Heat et al' should have been doing it.
Dan