Author Topic: "It's not basketball"  (Read 11797 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: "It's not basketball"
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2008, 10:44:33 AM »
Two picture perfect replies.  Priceless.

Sometimes Reality is right in that some Laker responses can be "written" just by the question asked.

Mmmmmkaaayyyy, I'm sure nobody saw Derek Swisher comming from a mile away.  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2008, 10:48:03 AM »
Two picture perfect replies.  Priceless.

Sometimes Reality is right in that some Laker responses can be "written" just by the question asked.

Mmmmmkaaayyyy, I'm sure nobody saw Derek Swisher comming from a mile away.  ::)

And you still stepped up with a programmed answer.

Priceless.

You have permission to remove the hook.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
And you still stepped up with a programmed answer.

Priceless.

You have permission to remove the hook.

Oh the irony!!!  I don't have the heart to break the news to you.  LOL! 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2008, 11:08:36 AM »
Before you dig a deeper hole:

LOL!!  I just knew this was going to come up.  Even yesterday I was ready to post "Just watch Reality is going to somehow blame that on the Lakers since Horry played for them 3 seasons prior"  Darn, should have done it.  Would have just been that much more funny.

Tell me about it.  Honestly, can you think of a bigger drama queen wuss flopper than Manu?

Derek Swisher

;)

Do you get it now or do I need to draw you a picture?  :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2008, 11:17:34 AM »

LOL!!  I just knew this was going to come up.  Even yesterday I was ready to post "Just watch Reality is going to somehow blame that on the Lakers since Horry played for them 3 seasons prior"  Darn, should have done it.  Would have just been that much more funny.

Tell me about it.  Honestly, can you think of a bigger drama queen wuss flopper than Manu?

Derek Swisher

;)

So the little --->   ;)   <--- in my post should have been in the crayon font.  I see.  I thought the name calling of players was directed at your favorite nemesis on the board.

Sorry I missed the thread that only Laker fans get to decide the rules of engagement. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2008, 11:32:18 AM »
Sorry I missed the thread that only Laker fans get to decide the rules of engagement. 

Where have you been for the last 3 years?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2008, 11:36:03 AM »

Derek Swisher

;)

So the little --->   ;)   <--- in my post should have been in the crayon font.  I see.  I thought the name calling of players was directed at your favorite nemesis on the board.

We can't have people from a small market making large decisions Lurker.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2008, 12:21:39 PM »

Derek Swisher

;)

Now I am confused...in the other thread SA was no longer small market.  You Californians are showing your flip-flopping, limp-wristed side way too often.     ;D

Hopefully the playoffs will get here soon and normalcy will return.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »

Derek Swisher

;)

Now I am confused...in the other thread SA was no longer small market.  You Californians are showing your flip-flopping, limp-wristed side way too often.     ;D

For all the flack I got from JoMal over the past few days about not getting sarcasm, I think I am going to deflect some towards you.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2008, 12:24:23 PM »

What "normalcy" are you referring too?  Refs giving the Lakers a free throw parade or the refs giving the Spurs opponents a suspension parade?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 12:28:24 PM »

Derek Swisher

;)

For all the flack I got from JoMal over the past few days about not getting sarcasm, I think I am going to deflect some towards you.

Well, that is good.  After all the pitter patter between you Californians I thought that you were missing some good ole Texas-style sarcasm.  Now all I need to do is throw in a couple spelling and grandma errors...
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »

What "normalcy" are you referring too?  Refs giving the Lakers a free throw parade or the refs giving the Spurs opponents a suspension parade?

The normalcy where the Eastern Conference rules.  It has been soooooo long.  Time to move the conspiracy to Beantown.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 12:32:51 PM »

Derek Swisher

;)

Well, that is good.  After all the pitter patter between you Californians I thought that you were missing some good ole Texas-style sarcasm.  Now all I need to do is throw in a couple spelling and grandma errors...

Freudian slip?

By returning to "normalcy" once playoffs start....do you mean the epic Laker/Spurs wars from years past between the posters on each side?  Since the Lakers have sucked for the last 2-3 years, my love for the city of Austin, and having enjoyed following the Spurs I do not know if I can help re-create that magic.  Most likely I'll have to be the Shaq to WOW's Dwayne Wade to ride his coat tails to a verbal victory.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2008, 01:07:20 PM »
Freudian slip?

By returning to "normalcy" once playoffs start....do you mean the epic Laker/Spurs wars from years past between the posters on each side?  Since the Lakers have sucked for the last 2-3 years, my love for the city of Austin, and having enjoyed following the Spurs I do not know if I can help re-create that magic.  Most likely I'll have to be the Shaq to WOW's Dwayne Wade to ride his coat tails to a verbal victory.

That just adds fuel to the Shaq fire.  If Shaq put forth half the effort into destroying the Spurs players as we do destroying the Spurs fans we would be talking NinePeat!  Dam you SHAQ!  My fear is the Lakers/Spurs and their fans will be reliving the rivalry in front of a TV or PC while Jazz and Suns are doing it on the court. :'(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"