Author Topic: "It's not basketball"  (Read 11793 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "It's not basketball"
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 09:49:38 AM »
That's not ownage you know why?  Because just like I said, Fisher got tripped by Baron Davis' foot and fell backwards. 
So Fisher tripped.  That gives him the right to give a hug to Monta ballroom style and pull him to the ground?
Your lameness knows no end.
True ownage.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 09:57:30 AM »
Pretty weak call IMO. Especially at that point in the game. It's either no call, or a double foul. I would say Fisher definitely went down easy and helped Ellis come with him with the left hand on the shoulder. Typical smart Fisher play / flop. I loved it when he did last year. It is annoying when he does it to your team, though. And since Reality's team is anyone playing the Lakers, I understand his frustration.
Ted,
Thanks for weighing in on the obvious play.
As for me, no way would i accept a Spurs victory were theoretically Swisher be on the Spurs and pull this crap.  To me it seperates those who like real basketball vs those who are simply fanatics, taking the win irregardless of virtue, fairness, sportsmanship, real hoop value.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 10:03:39 AM »
That's not ownage you know why?  Because just like I said, Fisher got tripped by Baron Davis' foot and fell backwards. 
So Fisher tripped.  That gives him the right to give a hug to Monta ballroom style and pull him to the ground?
Your lameness knows no end.
True ownage.

Like 3 of us said already, it should have been a no call.  To pretend like Monta Ellis didn't shove Fisher back which caused the initial trip is dumb on your part.  Shoots down any attempt of you pretending to be objective when it comes to anything Lakers related.  You can literally see Ellis' hand in his stomach.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 10:06:22 AM »
Ted,
Thanks for weighing in on the obvious play.
As for me, no way would i accept a Spurs victory were theoretically Swisher be on the Spurs and pull this crap.  To me it seperates those who like real basketball vs those who are simply fanatics, taking the win irregardless of virtue, fairness, sportsmanship, real hoop value.

LOL!  I guess you don't accept the last few Spurs titles considering Manuella GKnobly is on the squad.  Manu is the biggest drama puss flopper since Vlade Divac.  SELF OWNAGE :D :D :D :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 11:24:32 AM »

Does that apply to conference championships won by hip-checking the league MVP into the scorer's table?  :-\

I'm sorry Reality . . . I couldn't resist.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 11:36:53 AM »

Does that apply to conference championships won by hip-checking the league MVP into the scorer's table?  :-\

Whatcha talkin' bout?  Horry didn't hip check Dirk. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »

OW....err...CHECKMATE!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 03:08:53 PM »
Whatcha talkin' bout?  Horry didn't hip check Dirk. 

I rescinded Dirk's MVP when he wussed out against Golden State.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 01:52:35 AM »

No problem, i love it.  Just don't tell any of the Laker posters that Horry got rung up for a flagrant foul and suspended. 
Let their fantasy(s) live.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2008, 09:07:10 AM »

No problem, i love it.  Just don't tell any of the Laker posters that Horry got rung up for a flagrant foul and suspended. 
Let their fantasy(s) live.

LOL!!  I just knew this was going to come up.  Even yesterday I was ready to post "Just watch Reality is going to somehow blame that on the Lakers since Horry played for them 3 seasons prior"  Darn, should have done it.  Would have just been that much more funny.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 09:10:44 AM »
LOL!!  I just knew this was going to come up.  Even yesterday I was ready to post "Just watch Reality is going to somehow blame that on the Lakers since Horry played for them 3 seasons prior"  Darn, should have done it.  Would have just been that much more funny.

Tell me about it.  Honestly, can you think of a bigger drama queen wuss flopper than Manu?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 09:33:12 AM »

Tell me about it.  Honestly, can you think of a bigger drama queen wuss flopper than Manu?

Derek Swisher

;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 09:45:10 AM »

Derek Swisher

;)

Derek will take charges and flop.  He doesn't go Raggity Ann and Andy each time he goes to the rim though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:47:23 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 09:54:02 AM »
Derek will take charges and flop.  He doesn't go Raggity Ann and Andy each time he goes to the rim though.

Manu falls to ground like he was stabbed by the Predator triple blade knife almost every time he gets touched.  No contest, Manu is the Queen of drama flops.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 10:31:29 AM »
Two picture perfect replies.  Priceless.

Sometimes Reality is right in that some Laker responses can be "written" just by the question asked.
-Moody Blues