Author Topic: Laker bandwagon makes a stop in Utah.  (Read 10012 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Laker bandwagon makes a stop in Utah.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 01:20:20 PM »
This game was won in the paint, Utah did one of the worst jobs stopping penetration I have seen in some time, and even though I have been propping Sloan of late, the guy doesn't have a clue how to run a zone defense, LA was KILLING them from the corner all night long.

I simply don't understand how a team can come out so flat, like the Jazz did in the first quarter, their defense was horrible.

I liked the interview with Kobe after the game where he was asked if he was angry and he said he was very upset that they were booing Fisher, did you see him taunt the crowd after his last dunk, he had a point to prove and he proved it last night. I hope every team from here on out boo's Fisher.

First they were cheering the Lakers; now they were booing a Laker. Exactly how did the crowd time their exuberance for the visitors between hisses for Fisher?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 01:21:10 PM »
msc, WOW is hearing Laker cheering on Mars these days. With that kind of delusional auditory capabilities, he could hear a cockroach dunking his donut through a refried bean factory after a communal sampling.

:D Dude, where do you come up with this stuff? 

Well....ummm.....that one comes from personal experience.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »
This game was won in the paint, Utah did one of the worst jobs stopping penetration I have seen in some time, and even though I have been propping Sloan of late, the guy doesn't have a clue how to run a zone defense, LA was KILLING them from the corner all night long.

I simply don't understand how a team can come out so flat, like the Jazz did in the first quarter, their defense was horrible.

I liked the interview with Kobe after the game where he was asked if he was angry and he said he was very upset that they were booing Fisher, did you see him taunt the crowd after his last dunk, he had a point to prove and he proved it last night. I hope every team from here on out boo's Fisher.

First they were cheering the Lakers; now they were booing a Laker. Exactly how did the crowd time their exuberance for the visitors between hisses for Fisher?

The Utah Jazz Fans boo'd Fisher (but not very many like Ted said)

The Laker fans who lived in LA up until the start of this year when the great LA flight happened and we lost half our population to Sacramento and Utah were chanting Kobe/MVP.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »

They boo'd Fisher in the previous game.  Fisher said he took it personal.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 03:30:23 PM »

They boo'd Fisher in the previous game.  Fisher said he took it personal.

He took the booing personal? Really? Like it was directed at him every time he touched the ball?

How observant.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 03:35:12 PM »
I never heard Fish say he took it personally, just Kobe. 

They boo'd him last night as well.  During team intros he got a mostly cheers.  But his first couple of touches some knuckleheads boo'd.  He just shut them up by hitting his first 3 pointer and a couple of more shots shortly thereafter.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »
I never heard Fish say he took it personally, just Kobe. 

They boo'd him last night as well.  During team intros he got a mostly cheers.  But his first couple of touches some knuckleheads boo'd.  He just shut them up by hitting his first 3 pointer and a couple of more shots shortly thereafter.

They showed a Fisher interview before the game and he said since he had never been a villian to the Jazz on the court he took the boo'ing personal or as a personal attack.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »

The Laker fans who lived in LA up until the start of this year when the great LA flight happened and we lost half our population to Sacramento and Utah were chanting Kobe/MVP.

An estimated 6,000 people move out of Las Angeles county alone and up to the Sacramento metropolitan area each year. Since 2000, that is over 42,000 people, and since 1990 over 100,000. Since we could also assume many Laker fans are moving up here from Ventura, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside, the number of So Cal'ers migrating to this area is even higher.

Wonder what some of them might do if the Lakers came to town to play the Kings and over 3,000 Arco Arena seats were unsold prior to the game?   

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 05:32:21 PM »

An estimated 6,000 people move out of Las Angeles county alone and up to the Sacramento metropolitan area each year. Since 2000, that is over 42,000 people, and since 1990 over 100,000. Since we could also assume many Laker fans are moving up here from Ventura, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside, the number of So Cal'ers migrating to this area is even higher.

Wonder what some of them might do if the Lakers came to town to play the Kings and over 3,000 Arco Arena seats were unsold prior to the game?   

That's great but how many people move from LOS Angeles?  I don't really care what people are doing in LAS Angeles  :D

So what your saying that EVERYONE who resides in LA is a Laker fan?  Hmm.  I'd love to see how you came up with that.  You know considering I know a lot of people who don't like basketball, don't like the Lakers, or are actually Clippers fans and not Laker fans.   Was this using the same crystal ball you use to know what Kobe says and does inside of the Lakers locker room?

Just give it up JoMaL...Kobe has heard MVP chants in a lot of arenas.  Sacramento is not different then Utah, Dallas, or even New Jersey for that matter.  I know it hurts you to think that there is bandwagon fans in Sacramento...but it happens.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »

So what your saying that EVERYONE who resides in LA is a Laker fan?  Hmm.  I'd love to see how you came up with that.  You know considering I know a lot of people who don't like basketball, don't like the Lakers, or are actually Clippers fans and not Laker fans.   Was this using the same crystal ball you use to know what Kobe says and does inside of the Lakers locker room?

Just give it up JoMaL...Kobe has heard MVP chants in a lot of arenas.  Sacramento is not different then Utah, Dallas, or even New Jersey for that matter.  I know it hurts you to think that there is bandwagon fans in Sacramento...but it happens.

Yeah, that is what I am saying - everyone in Los Angeles is a Laker fan  ::)    ::)    ::) Glad you picked up on that hidden nugget. Gosh, you are so clever in seeing my actual point. You know what, I bet those people you know who don't like basketball and don't like the Lakers in SoCal, I don't know, I just might believe none of them go to any NBA games also. Does that make any sense?

Speaking of crystall balls, don't the pair you sport make an awful clanking sound when you walk? And are these the same crystall balls that YOU and Randality consult when you came up with ex-Kings, now Laker bandwagon fans attending that game at Arco when there are plenty of ex-SoCal people up here, as I have shown, who would be more likely to fill out the arena instead? Even if only 10% of them living up here were really diehard Laker fans? Even if, when they were actually LIVING in Southern California, they might not have been able to see a live Laker home game for various reasons, like sell-outs, distance, and cost?

And here is another crystal ball thought for the day. How do you know those MVP chants for Kobe weren't mocking mantras for a narcissistic, self-absorbed megotistical player who thinks patronizing fans are true believers of his 'greatness'?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 06:11:47 PM »

I don't think that's an accurate way of looking at it.  The Lakers are like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, or Packers.   They have fans in every state.  It's been that way for as long as I can remember and no doubt stems from multiple dynasty eras.  Just like the Celtics and the Bulls have legions of fans in every state.  The Lakers have the highest road attendance in the league and have for quite sometime, probably since 2000/2001.  

I don't think it has anything to do with how many people move from LA county to wherever.  I think we're just noticing it more this season because the Lakers are doing well so local fans are more vocal.  That's natural.  It's hard to be vocal when your getting butt kicked in every arena across the country.  

BTW, welcome to our world here in SoCal.  Probably 90%+ of the population here moved here from somewhere else.  Every Laker game I attend has a bunch of fans from the opposition sporting jerseys because everyone moves here.  Personally, I dig it and enjoy the diversity, but there are times I wish everyone would just move to Sac so I can drive on the freeways with less traffic!  :D

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 06:39:21 PM »

I don't think that's an accurate way of looking at it.  The Lakers are like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, or Packers.   They have fans in every state.  It's been that way for as long as I can remember and no doubt stems from multiple dynasty eras.  Just like the Celtics and the Bulls have legions of fans in every state.  The Lakers have the highest road attendance in the league and have for quite sometime, probably since 2000/2001.  

I don't think it has anything to do with how many people move from LA county to wherever.  I think we're just noticing it more this season because the Lakers are doing well so local fans are more vocal.  That's natural.  It's hard to be vocal when your getting butt kicked in every arena across the country.  

BTW, welcome to our world here in SoCal.  Probably 90%+ of the population here moved here from somewhere else.  Every Laker game I attend has a bunch of fans from the opposition sporting jerseys because everyone moves here.  Personally, I dig it and enjoy the diversity, but there are times I wish everyone would just move to Sac so I can drive on the freeways with less traffic!  :D

Whether they moved here from SoCal or were long-time Central Valley residents to begin with and Laker fans all along, the point is, they are not going to see the LA team play any time soon in Los Angeles. The opportunity was available for them to see their team at Arco, and I find it hardly a stretch for anyone with an imagination to envision them buying up available tickets to see them play in Sacramento.

Los Angeles gets about 50 to 100 thousand new residence annually from just domestic migration, with a greater number moving out of Los Angeles each year, mostly to other California counties. This net migration tends to go drastically negative during bad economic times. However, with a very high birth rate and foreign immigration, LA county just continues to add net growth every year anyway and that is not going to stop any time soon.

As for other fans attending home games, this is very obvious at every arena. When the Kings hit the road, our camera crew never fails to find a good assortment of Kings jerseys sported by fans in each arena. Doubt they woke up one morning and decided to root for the Kings after living wherever all their lives.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »

That IS a mystery JoMal considering there were 3000 seats available last year at Arco Arena, cause you know like uhmmm the Kings SUCKED and stuff, YET there were no Laker cheers let alone MVP chants.  Hmmmmm.....what a mystery.....what was different.....hmmm.....

That annoying beeping sound you keep hearing day and night is the warning siren on the HUGE Laker bandwagon that is making several stops all over the Sacramento area. 

LOL@ you trying to hold on to something good in the decaying corpse of the once great Kings fandom.  Embrace the horror of "die hard" Kings fans trading in their Purple and White for Purple and Gold.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »

That IS a mystery JoMal considering there were 3000 seats available last year at Arco Arena, cause you know like uhmmm the Kings SUCKED and stuff, YET there were no Laker cheers let alone MVP chants.  Hmmmmm.....what a mystery.....what was different.....hmmm.....

That annoying beeping sound you keep hearing day and night is the warning siren on the HUGE Laker bandwagon that is making several stops all over the Sacramento area. 

LOL@ you trying to hold on to something good in the decaying corpse of the once great Kings fandom.  Embrace the horror of "die hard" Kings fans trading in their Purple and White for Purple and Gold.

Funny, now that the late, great Laker nation is back on its feet, how soon you forget how bad your team recently has been. No one in SacTown who was ever any kind of Kings' fan would bother to give a light to the likes of Kobe.....oops, I forgot, Sac fans DID give Kobe a light; he just was missing from inside the jersey.

Arco Arena has admittedly been less then full this season. So the Sac Bee noticed and wondered what was keeping the fans away. Was it the product on the court; was it A CHANGE IN TEAMS??? Was it that the Kings would miss the playoffs again? Was it the possibility the team may move? Or was it maybe ticket prices or such? So they polled the readers of the Bee, and son of a gun if it wasn't the price of tickets that was the detriment (over 60%), followed by the whole new arena issue and if the team might move because of it, which was like 35%.

But that is a problem in a town like Sacramento. It is true, we are very lucky to even have an NBA team and the Kings' franchise has a long history of packing up and moving to other towns. There is even an Internet forum about which NBA teams are most likely to move to another city and the Kings are fourth on the list. We know we are on thin ice every year, and every year, another city is going to try to take a team away, like Oklahoma City is doing to Seattle, though Seattle is essentially giving the team away.

We would like the Kings to stay where they are, but our only hope to keeping them, it seems, is to pay for a new arena ourselves. As noted above, the cost of even going to a home game is too much for most fans to pay, and they are not too interested in paying for an arena that the Maloofs will profit from and the fans will STILL have to pay to go inside to see anything.

There is a cloud of depression over the town the last few years. When we were going each year to the playoffs, we could forget about the arena issue and Las Vegas, for one. But in down years, it is hard not to think about. So Laker fans come out of the woodwork and go to a Laker/Kings game at Arco and make it sound like Kings' fans are converting and jumping on the Laker bandwagon. Just ain't happening. True Kings' fans have other things on their minds rather then what the Lakers are doing or where they are going or who should be the MVP. These things just are not of much concern to us.

So if any of those people chanting MVP had once been a King's fan, it can be said they never were a Kings' fan in the first place.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 11:54:34 PM »
Funny, now that the late, great Laker nation is back on its feet, how soon you forget how bad your team recently has been. No one in SacTown who was ever any kind of Kings' fan would bother to give a light to the likes of Kobe.....oops, I forgot, Sac fans DID give Kobe a light; he just was missing from inside the jersey.

Arco Arena has admittedly been less then full this season. So the Sac Bee noticed and wondered what was keeping the fans away. Was it the product on the court; was it A CHANGE IN TEAMS??? Was it that the Kings would miss the playoffs again? Was it the possibility the team may move? Or was it maybe ticket prices or such? So they polled the readers of the Bee, and son of a gun if it wasn't the price of tickets that was the detriment (over 60%), followed by the whole new arena issue and if the team might move because of it, which was like 35%.

But that is a problem in a town like Sacramento. It is true, we are very lucky to even have an NBA team and the Kings' franchise has a long history of packing up and moving to other towns. There is even an Internet forum about which NBA teams are most likely to move to another city and the Kings are fourth on the list. We know we are on thin ice every year, and every year, another city is going to try to take a team away, like Oklahoma City is doing to Seattle, though Seattle is essentially giving the team away.

We would like the Kings to stay where they are, but our only hope to keeping them, it seems, is to pay for a new arena ourselves. As noted above, the cost of even going to a home game is too much for most fans to pay, and they are not too interested in paying for an arena that the Maloofs will profit from and the fans will STILL have to pay to go inside to see anything.

There is a cloud of depression over the town the last few years. When we were going each year to the playoffs, we could forget about the arena issue and Las Vegas, for one. But in down years, it is hard not to think about. So Laker fans come out of the woodwork and go to a Laker/Kings game at Arco and make it sound like Kings' fans are converting and jumping on the Laker bandwagon. Just ain't happening. True Kings' fans have other things on their minds rather then what the Lakers are doing or where they are going or who should be the MVP. These things just are not of much concern to us.

So if any of those people chanting MVP had once been a King's fan, it can be said they never were a Kings' fan in the first place.

::)

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"