Author Topic: Laker bandwagon makes a stop in Utah.  (Read 9980 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Laker bandwagon makes a stop in Utah.
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 04:21:19 PM »
Wow, what a riveting discussion.

Since neither of you have "proof" of your argument, although JoMal at least tried to offer some proof, how about you go with plausibility?

Which is more plausible?

First of all, thank you for realizing what I am getting at.  Which is JoMaL doesn't have solid 'proof' yet wants to continue to call others out for proof.

As far as what is more plausible...I think they both are equal in that regard.  It's very possible that the long dormant Laker fans in Sacramento are able to get tickets now.  It is also very possible that a lot of the people who were going to Kings games might not have been big fans in the first place.  Maybe they just wanted an entertaining product since they were the only product in town.  The Lakers and Kobe are providing a better product and therefore they wanted to cheer for them.  This may sound crazy but when I go to Laker games there are times when I cheer for other players (Baron Davis for example)

One of us can admit that the other could be right.  The other won't.  That's the other problem here.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:23:52 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 04:26:58 PM »

Since neither of you have "proof" of your argument, although JoMal at least tried to offer some proof, how about you go with plausibility?

Which is more plausible?
  Can we get a whales hip in here somewhere?

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »

I was hoping for a haiku.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »
Which is more plausible?

Bandwagon fans exist in Sacramento just like they exist in EVERY other NBA city.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »

Do you agree or disagree that whales are mamals?
Do you agree or disagree that some species of modern whales have pelvic bones?
Do you agree or disagree that there is evidence to support that whales evolved from land dwelling animals?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »

I was hoping for a haiku.
WoW i will get to the other thread on Creation and evolution.  Its been a busy week.
I want to have a thorough, dignified discussion.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2008, 05:09:21 PM »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2008, 05:09:33 PM »
I have proof.  I know what JoMal looks like and I saw him on TV at the game chanting M-V-P! OWNED!

You bath turd. You promised never to tell!!!
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »
Which is more plausible?

Bandwagon fans exist in Sacramento just like they exist in EVERY other NBA city.

Good call. But since I never said there weren't bandwagon fans in Sacramento, because, you know, this really wasn't a discussion ABOUT bandwagon fans, really, this is a comment more of the turd in the punchbowl variety.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2008, 05:24:39 PM »
Which is JoMaL doesn't have solid 'proof' yet wants to continue to call others out for proof.

It is important that he is at least offering empirical evidence supporting his theory.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2008, 05:26:11 PM »

Which is more plausible?

First of all, thank you for realizing what I am getting at.  Which is JoMaL doesn't have solid 'proof' yet wants to continue to call others out for proof.

As far as what is more plausible...I think they both are equal in that regard.  It's very possible that the long dormant Laker fans in Sacramento are able to get tickets now.  It is also very possible that a lot of the people who were going to Kings games might not have been big fans in the first place.  Maybe they just wanted an entertaining product since they were the only product in town.  The Lakers and Kobe are providing a better product and therefore they wanted to cheer for them.  This may sound crazy but when I go to Laker games there are times when I cheer for other players (Baron Davis for example)

One of us can admit that the other could be right.  The other won't.  That's the other problem here.

Which is more plausible.

!. Kings fans get sick of the losing and suddenly decide to jump on the Kobe/Laker bandwagon and start the MVP chants at Arco.

2. Laker fans living in the Sacramento area already see their team coming to Sacramento and find available tickets to buy, so flood the Arco Arena with a solid fan base and start the Kobe MVP chants.

Do I really have to say it?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2008, 05:34:32 PM »
I have proof.  I know what JoMal looks like and I saw him on TV at the game chanting M-V-P! OWNED!

You made promises as well JoMal, now I see "WayOutWest Gone Wild" video clips all over YouTube.  Deal with it!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2008, 05:42:01 PM »
Which is JoMaL doesn't have solid 'proof' yet wants to continue to call others out for proof.

It is important that he is at least offering empirical evidence supporting his theory.

And the fact that those MVP chants have been in various arenas this year is not any type of evidence that bandwagon fans exist everywhere?

There was chants in Utah and I don't think the 'theres been 20 years of Laker fans moving to the area and now they can get tickets' theory applies there.

If the MVP chants only happened in Sac-town then there would be more ground to stand on but that's not the case.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2008, 06:00:19 PM »

You made promises as well JoMal, now I see "WayOutWest Gone Wild" video clips all over YouTube.  Deal with it!

I tried to cover for you by labeling the video clips "Mexican Jumping Beans", but people saw through the subterfuge.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2008, 06:16:54 PM »

And the fact that those MVP chants have been in various arenas this year is not any type of evidence that bandwagon fans exist everywhere?

There was chants in Utah and I don't think the 'theres been 20 years of Laker fans moving to the area and now they can get tickets' theory applies there.

If the MVP chants only happened in Sac-town then there would be more ground to stand on but that's not the case.

This is what I just cannot understand. Why must every single one of these fans chanting "MVP" in other arenas all must be bandwagon fans? A few, undoubtedly, but you and Randy are insisting the ALL are.

And at least in Sacramento, the number of 'swing' fans converting from the Kings to the Lakers is small. Very small. I would much more likely believe these were preexisting Laker fans then seeing a sudden conversion to LA fans.

And also, the arena was sold out for the Lakers. I know LA citizens are moving up to this area, but we are not getting huge numbers of San Antonio residents, or Boston residents, or any other city except the Bay Area, and the same phenomenon happened when the Warriors played Arco. Thousands of Warrior fans came to that game selling it out. Home games against many other NBA teams did not happen. Houston is playing great ball, and the Kings' former, and still popular, coach Adelman is there. But several thousand seats were empty at Arco the last time Houston was here. Where were the bandwagon fans for that game?

If any Kings' fan were to jump on the bandwagon of another team, where, exactly, would you expect the Lakers to rank as a likely choice, compared to the Nuggets, for one, or the Rockets, or even the Spurs?. The more numerous bandwagon Sacramento fans for THOSE teams did not jump up and immediately buy out Arco like what happened with the Lakers. Only the Warriors' game also sold out, due to an influx of Warrior fans buying up the tickets. Not bandwagon fans, but true, blue Warrior fans who could buy the tickets.   

Where do you guys get this idea they ALL were bandwagon fans instead of the more likely choice of already BEING Laker fans living in the area. Like the Warrior fans - they also live in the area.