Author Topic: MVP chants in Dallas. What happened to real fans?  (Read 5546 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: MVP chants in Dallas. What happened to real fans?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »
lol -- I think you are better qualified to answer that question.

Did Randy just drop a "I know you are but what am I" on JoMal?

DAAAANNNNG JoMal . . . you just got served!

Oh wait . . . what's the new word? "Owned?"

Ted....how do I put this gently.....there is an intellual void on this board that Randy admirably fills, and by you praising his rather pathetic comment as a clever comeback puts you in the same vacuum.

Should I remind you that you have done the same with Reality?

Do I need to point out that you should enroll in a higher ed course in cynicism?

Your backwoods outlook on life doesn't apply down here.

Thank God!!!

I was afraid you would start making some strides here, but my faith in your inability to absorb novel ideas has been restored.

Don't you ever get tired of coming across as the missing link?

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
Is Avery as horrid a coach as he was a PG?  I thought Avery did an excellent job of instilling a defensive mentality on the Mavs.  While Avery was handed a great team, it was not as talented as in  years past, so some of his success was due to Nelson.  How does a Laker team missing Gasol and Bynum build a 25 point lead on the Mavs?  Props to them for comming back and having a shot to win it but couldn't Avery have prevented that large lead?  Kidd only played like 27 minutes, he was not having a good game from a stats perspective but IMO he was an excellent facillitator.  He gives Stackhouse a ton of slack and keeps him on the floor when he is playing poorly but yanks Kidd after a couple minutes.  He doesn't put his big men in the game instead he prefers a 6'7 guy to play center when Dampier is on the bench.  He doesn't focus on getting the ball into Dirks hands.  He allows guys like Stackhouse and Howard to dribble around like idiots and cost them valuable possesions while keeping Kidd on the bench.  He finally found a combo of guys who hustled and scrapped and got them back into the game and then went away from that in favor of putting shooters on the floor.  His substitution patterns are erratic at best, Avery does not seem to be able to understand matchups.

Avery just comes off as a horrible coach to me.  When the Mav shooters started heating up and their role players started playing solid defense I figured the Lakers would fold but then Avery inexplicably changes the lineup to one that did not play solid defense and allowed the Lakers to hold on to the win.  STILL, how do you let a Laker team devestated by injuries go out and dominate the Mavs on their home court for 2 1/2 quarters before you "figure it out"?  Avery is not stupid, he just isn't much of a coach or he has lost his team.  Either way, Avery needs to be fired.

I have been coming to the same conclusion for some time now WOW, I posted as much earlier this month and I think back in January as well.

I came to this conclusion when he sidestepped the Clippers to get to Golden State last year and got humiliated in the first round by a team Avery had to know was a matchup nightmare for them, they had OWNED them for 2 staight years! So you lay down on them in game 81 to knock the Clippers out? A team you should have been able to manhandle in the playoffs? That was all on him, and his team's TOTAL choke job against an underwhelming Miami team, albeit coached by the brilliant Pat Riley, just adds to my already firm conclusion, Avery Johnson is not even an average coach as I had stated in an earlier post, he is a LOUSY coach, coaching a team he has allowed to go from very talented to sissy soft.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 12:19:36 PM »

Ted....how do I put this gently.....there is an intellual void on this board that Randy admirably fills, and by you praising his rather pathetic comment as a clever comeback puts you in the same vacuum.

Do I need to point out that you should enroll in a higher ed course in cynicism?

Thank God!!!

I was afraid you would start making some strides here, but my faith in your inability to absorb novel ideas has been restored.

I'd ask you if you ever get tired of being an old grumpy things-in-my-day-were-the-bees-knees redneck  but I already know the answer to that.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 12:24:53 PM »
...the-bees-knees...

bees knees?  You are such an OCP!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 03:13:19 PM »

Thank God!!!

I'd ask you if you ever get tired of being an old grumpy things-in-my-day-were-the-bees-knees redneck  but I already know the answer to that.

Well, that's good, because I sure don't.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »

I know you are but what am I.

Seriously, did you really think my comment was anything but a backhanded smack on Randy's "witty" reply?

And for another thing, <Ted assumes his William F. Buckley voice> you do realize the stunning irony of misspelling the word "intellectual" while attacking another person's intellectual capacities, do you not?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 12:59:41 PM »

Seriously, did you really think my comment was anything but a backhanded smack on Randy's "witty" reply?

And for another thing, <Ted assumes his William F. Buckley voice> you do realize the stunning irony of misspelling the word "intellectual" while attacking another person's intellectual capacities, do you not?

Brilliant Ted, simply brilliant! I wish I had spotted that. And the Buckley reference only adds to your clever observation.
Dan

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
And here I thought that JoMal was the only one who was impressed with JoMal -- it's nice to know that Ted is too.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 02:11:43 PM »
And here I thought that JoMal was the only one who was impressed with JoMal -- it's nice to know that Ted is too.

Oh yeah. I'm a big JoMal fan. He thinks well of me, so he's basically my hero. I thrive on positive affirmation.

Did you just drop a "Ted and JoMal sitting in a tree, K - I - S - S - I - N - G" on me? DAAAAANNNNNGG! I just got OWNED!

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »

Oh yeah. I'm a big JoMal fan. He thinks well of me, so he's basically my hero. I thrive on positive affirmation.

Did you just drop a "Ted and JoMal sitting in a tree, K - I - S - S - I - N - G" on me? DAAAAANNNNNGG! I just got OWNED!

I can see this escalating to a "rubber/glue" throw down.  The pinacle will be a "yo momma" beat down!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 03:07:51 PM »

I can see this escalating to a "rubber/glue" throw down.  The pinacle will be a "yo momma" beat down!

So what your saying is, yo mamma's so old...she is the same age as JoMaL?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »
I can sink lower than you might think . . . as low as I have to. So yes, I will be able to keep up with Randy.  8)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
So what your saying is, yo mamma's so old...she is the same age as JoMaL?

Your momma's so fat, it would require two large integer variables to store her weight.

Err....back to my source code.....

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 07:24:49 PM »

Ted -

I know how to spell 'intellectual', (and sometimes can even pass for one) but occasionally my fingers don't.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 07:31:28 PM »

Oh, yes, Randality, JoMal has a fan base all right. But all the club members reside within melting distance of my ear wax.