Author Topic: MVP chants in Dallas. What happened to real fans?  (Read 5557 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
MVP chants in Dallas. What happened to real fans?
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:58:16 PM »
Seems like the only hard core fans are on the East coast.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: MVP chants in Dallas. What happened to real fans?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »

You know what I can't believe -- is that SacTown fans will travel all the way to Dallas just to see Kobe play these days!  Well, I guess you can't really blame them.  At least they get to see some good basketball this way.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:34:15 AM »

You know what I can't believe -- is that SacTown fans will travel all the way to Dallas just to see Kobe play these days!  Well, I guess you can't really blame them.  At least they get to see some good basketball this way.

Gee, Randy, if YOU can't believe it, how on earth will anyone else? After all, there are 303,200,125 other Americans less gullible then you? BTW, how's the view of Reality's heiny from the end of the line?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 08:50:59 AM »

Gee, Randy, if YOU can't believe it, how on earth will anyone else? After all, there are 303,200,125 other Americans less gullible then you? BTW, how's the view of Reality's heiny from the end of the line?

lol -- I think you are better qualified to answer that question.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »
Is Avery as horrid a coach as he was a PG?  I thought Avery did an excellent job of instilling a defensive mentality on the Mavs.  While Avery was handed a great team, it was not as talented as in  years past, so some of his success was due to Nelson.  How does a Laker team missing Gasol and Bynum build a 25 point lead on the Mavs?  Props to them for comming back and having a shot to win it but couldn't Avery have prevented that large lead?  Kidd only played like 27 minutes, he was not having a good game from a stats perspective but IMO he was an excellent facillitator.  He gives Stackhouse a ton of slack and keeps him on the floor when he is playing poorly but yanks Kidd after a couple minutes.  He doesn't put his big men in the game instead he prefers a 6'7 guy to play center when Dampier is on the bench.  He doesn't focus on getting the ball into Dirks hands.  He allows guys like Stackhouse and Howard to dribble around like idiots and cost them valuable possesions while keeping Kidd on the bench.  He finally found a combo of guys who hustled and scrapped and got them back into the game and then went away from that in favor of putting shooters on the floor.  His substitution patterns are erratic at best, Avery does not seem to be able to understand matchups.

Avery just comes off as a horrible coach to me.  When the Mav shooters started heating up and their role players started playing solid defense I figured the Lakers would fold but then Avery inexplicably changes the lineup to one that did not play solid defense and allowed the Lakers to hold on to the win.  STILL, how do you let a Laker team devestated by injuries go out and dominate the Mavs on their home court for 2 1/2 quarters before you "figure it out"?  Avery is not stupid, he just isn't much of a coach or he has lost his team.  Either way, Avery needs to be fired.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 09:35:36 AM »
Is Avery as horrid a coach as he was a PG?  I thought Avery did an excellent job of instilling a defensive mentality on the Mavs.  While Avery was handed a great team, it was not as talented as in  years past, so some of his success was due to Nelson.  How does a Laker team missing Gasol and Bynum build a 25 point lead on the Mavs?  Props to them for comming back and having a shot to win it but couldn't Avery have prevented that large lead?  Kidd only played like 27 minutes, he was not having a good game from a stats perspective but IMO he was an excellent facillitator.  He gives Stackhouse a ton of slack and keeps him on the floor when he is playing poorly but yanks Kidd after a couple minutes.  He doesn't put his big men in the game instead he prefers a 6'7 guy to play center when Dampier is on the bench.  He doesn't focus on getting the ball into Dirks hands.  He allows guys like Stackhouse and Howard to dribble around like idiots and cost them valuable possesions while keeping Kidd on the bench.  He finally found a combo of guys who hustled and scrapped and got them back into the game and then went away from that in favor of putting shooters on the floor.  His substitution patterns are erratic at best, Avery does not seem to be able to understand matchups.

Avery just comes off as a horrible coach to me.  When the Mav shooters started heating up and their role players started playing solid defense I figured the Lakers would fold but then Avery inexplicably changes the lineup to one that did not play solid defense and allowed the Lakers to hold on to the win.  STILL, how do you let a Laker team devestated by injuries go out and dominate the Mavs on their home court for 2 1/2 quarters before you "figure it out"?  Avery is not stupid, he just isn't much of a coach or he has lost his team.  Either way, Avery needs to be fired.

Mark Cuban seems to agree with your first sentence.  The guys on KLAC were describing how he was staring down Avery Johnson for a few minutes straight  last night when they went down by 25.

I think Avery is a good coach.  I think Avery was a good point guard.  I just do not think that someone who is a natural born leader and has a real toughness to them can teach that to another person.  He was born/raised to be that type of person.  Dirk was raised to be a German cream puff.  IMO teams tend to take on the mentality of their star player after a while.  This team looks soft and non-assertive...just like Dirk.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 09:39:23 AM »

Did Randy just drop a "I know you are but what am I" on JoMal?

DAAAANNNNG JoMal . . . you just got served!

Oh wait . . . what's the new word? "Owned?"
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 09:59:30 AM »

OMG, Ted just PAWNED, or PWNED if you are hardcore technogeek, Randy and JoMal.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »

You are correct -- in education they train you to teach at the appropriate cognitive level.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 10:37:31 AM »

You are correct -- in education they train you to teach at the appropriate cognitive level.

DOH!  Randy just went Euro on Ted's arse!  "I fart in your general direction" boooyyeee!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 11:21:10 AM »

You wish!
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 11:27:27 AM »

Ted....how do I put this gently.....there is an intellual void on this board that Randy admirably fills, and by you praising his rather pathetic comment as a clever comeback puts you in the same vacuum.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 11:37:05 AM »

Ted....how do I put this gently.....there is an intellual void on this board that Randy admirably fills, and by you praising his rather pathetic comment as a clever comeback puts you in the same vacuum.

Should I remind you that you have done the same with Reality?

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »

Do I need to point out that you should enroll in a higher ed course in cynicism?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 11:49:58 AM »

Do I need to point out that you should enroll in a higher ed course in cynicism?

Your backwoods outlook on life doesn't apply down here.